Improved players at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved players at QPR

Since warnock was sacked, we have signed some decent players e.g Hoilet (best young player season before), caulker, Nedum and more recently cousins, smithies. There are probably others that I have forgotten but all these players bar the goalie gave got worse not better. So begs the question, what on earth are they doing on training ground? Whatever it is clearly isn't working. Our great plan is to sign lower league players and make them better.......well the problem with the cunning plan is that we don't seem to be able to make players better!

We train on what is more or less a doped up school sports field. Cannot imagine our current facilities really inspire you to achieve when there so in the dark ages. some of the players we have signed have come from proper high spec set ups then you get to Harlington

What jumped out to me when they done that mannequin challenge and them wandering about the facilities some of it looked like porta cabins we were using and temporary structures

Now sub standard facilities should not have the major impact we are seeing on the pitch but like in life or any job the better the facilities you have/work with the better you are likely to do

We need a new everything at QPR!! Stadium, Training Ground and squad; all very expensive to achieve and none of it doable over night. No quick fix here

Comment

And the plan is in place, although you wouldn't think so, according to some on here.

Comment

It's certainly a plan alright but it's progressed as far as blackadders asmatic any with heavy shopping

Comment

Fairly sure Austin was nowhere near the England squad before joining us.

Comment

Austin's and Phillips are probably the only ones that have improved in recent years.

Most of the others have stagnated or got worse.

Comment

Phillips never improved with us he stood still

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Phillips never improved with us he stood still
                Harsh that.

Had most assists in premier league with us at one stage if I'm not mistaken? Hence why a mid-table premier league come in for him as his next step up.
                Also turned into a full international with us?

Comment

I also thought Phillips was crap 99% of the time he was with us, I didn't see any improvement. Had a decent spell in the prem where he had the most assists in Europe at the time, apart from either Messi or Payet, but was that more due to him taking corners and free kicks that we might have scored from?

Comment

Harsh - you lot!

Comment

When you look at improvement compared to undoubted ability Phillips didn't exactly progress as he should . Charlie's attitude said more about him and think whoever he would have joined but yes another reason we are where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        We train on what is more or less a doped up school sports field. Cannot imagine our current facilities really inspire you to achieve when there so in the dark ages. some of the players we have signed have come from proper high spec set ups then you get to Harlington

What jumped out to me when they done that mannequin challenge and them wandering about the facilities some of it looked like porta cabins we were using and temporary structures

Now sub standard facilities should not have the major impact we are seeing on the pitch but like in life or any job the better the facilities you have/work with the better you are likely to do

We need a new everything at QPR!! Stadium, Training Ground and squad; all very expensive to achieve and none of it doable over night. No quick fix here
                        Correct me if im wrong but didn't the scum win the prem while training at harlington? Didn't seem to affect them much. Yes harlington in comparison to some is not ideal but we have even improved it from the days them down the road had it. We won the championship at a canter training on it. Its got #### all do do with that training facilities thats simply an excuse for these little darlings to use. Its about having #### coaches(fill in the gaps) and a #### poor attitude from the players. They need to man the #### up, knuckle down and get on with dragging themselves out of this mess. Trouble is really do fear they are not up to it

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Correct me if im wrong but didn't the scum win the prem while training at harlington? Didn't seem to affect them much. Yes harlington in comparison to some is not ideal but we have even improved it from the days them down the road had it. We won the championship at a canter training on it. Its got #### all do do with that training facilities thats simply an excuse for these little darlings to use. Its about having #### coaches(fill in the gaps) and a #### poor attitude from the players. They need to man the #### up, knuckle down and get on with dragging themselves out of this mess. Trouble is really do fear they are not up to it
                          Given our success rate, I'm starting to think that has little to do with the players and must be the coaches. Or do we always pick the bad eggs?

Comment

Don't think they did FA cup but not league from memory. I said facilities should not influence performance but not convinced it's the case with our lot just feels entire culture of the club is wrong/missing

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Given our success rate, I'm starting to think that has little to do with the players and must be the coaches. Or do we always pick the bad eggs?
                              Yeah agree that whoevers doing our coaching need to sort their #### out. Think theres too many people mincing about at rangers not doing an awful lot. What the #### this Curtis flemming appointment is all about ill never know. However the players are men and as men if they are being coached poorly they should rally round say #### this and get on with it on the pitch. The coaches don't pull their strings once they cross that white line and they have to be accountable for their actions, trouble with that is weve got a mute captain who doesn't communicate or organise the team on the pitch especially at set pieces and a group of individuals who are down on their ####. We need to strengthen with a bit of experience, someone who can drive this team at the very least get them organised and hard to play against. At the moment its like watching men against boys with our lot, we are not smart enough and are far too naïve. We need some leaders

Comment

Working...
                              X