Paul Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Clement

See he's in the final two for Swansea and described as the sort of talented ambitious young manager that brought Swansea success in the past. I hear Rowett turned us down, but read we had interviewed Clement, who looked the outstanding candidate to me. Does this mean we preferred Ollie to one of the most sought after young coaches in Europe, or does anyone have any inside knowledge as to why we don't have Clement in charge now?

Sounds about right. Would we expect our dof and chairman to get it right?

Comment

Clement was the chosen one. He was the first time round when we picked Ramsay instead. Now we've decided against him again, i doubt it'll ever happen.

Comment

Sought after young coaches in Europe Jesus Christ give over.

His name first came to look guy because we identified him as dream manager. He's not proven he is anything more then a good Coach at big well resourced clubs with superstar players. I don't get this big reputation some have given him and if he's smart he will turn down Swansea as there going down regardless of who is in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Sought after young coaches in Europe Jesus Christ give over.

His name first came to look guy because we identified him as dream manager. He's not proven he is anything more then a good Coach at big well resourced clubs with superstar players. I don't get this big reputation some have given him and if he's smart he will turn down Swansea as there going down regardless of who is in charge.
          Well I'd say that if Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have all hired you as their assistant manager then sought after is about right (strangely not one of them chased after Ollie when he was free). He had a 42% win ratio at Derby who were insane to sack him - most of our managers under Tony have struggled to make half of that win ratio. When he was sacked Derby were 5th in the league and only 5 points behind the leaders.

Comment

Obviously he was a very decent shout and has been available more than once during our perpetual crisis.

He wouldn't come here to work under Les, and for whatever reason Les is bullet proof. Blind leading the blind.

Comment

He's a coach looking to make a reputation for himself as a manager no more no less but good luck to him

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                He's a coach looking to make a reputation for himself as a manager no more no less but good luck to him
                Hope you're more macho than your avatar?
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Rowett turned us down when he was in a job at Birmingham
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

An interview works both ways, he may have turned us down. Also I wasn't convinced by him as a manager, he wasn't incredible. He spent a lot of money and got Derby near the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                      An interview works both ways, he may have turned us down. Also I wasn't convinced by him as a manager, he wasn't incredible. He spent a lot of money and got Derby near the playoffs.
                      Honestly dont get this - "spent a lot of money and got Derby near the playoffs"... isnt that a good thing?...... spent well to get them up the right end of the table, giving him something decent to work with.......... just what we need to do?
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Don't think Swansea's choice of managers is much better than us. Otherwise why chose Bradley who lasted two months. It also sounds like Coleman and Giggs have already turned the job down.

Comment

Giggs should be pitching at a lower level and prove himself first with no money to spend

Comment

I see Clement has a 2 and a half year contract at Swansea same as Holloway here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                              Giggs should be pitching at a lower level and prove himself first with no money to spend
                              Come on over to us then giggs is it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X