Help of hindsight - JFH or Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    JFH had a t.window and we still somehow just seemed to get worse. But nick the odd point. Maybe Ollie can get a couple of players in and improve our overall game (what is imho not that bad) and do more than just nick a point here and there. But instead look like a half decent midd table team.
    Ollie needs a chance to get some bodies in. Decent striker like Nugent and an experienced midfielder or 2 would be huge at this level

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Ollie needs a chance to get some bodies in. Decent striker like Nugent and an experienced midfielder or 2 would be huge at this level
      Exactly my point mush. Love or hate the Ollie appointment, he's here now so we can only be fair and give him a chance.

Like Ive said, imo we've got a team that plays decent football at times, but just lack goals. Get goals then it might not take that long to turn around....
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Exactly my point mush. Love or hate the Ollie appointment, he's here now so we can only be fair and give him a chance.

Like Ive said, imo we've got a team that plays decent football at times, but just lack goals. Get goals then it might not take that long to turn around....
        Personally think we are decent at the back. Get some help in midfield and up front and we'll be safe IMO.

Comment

Jimmy had a year and showed that he wasn't up to it.

Ollie, has had 7 games, which isn't that long. At the moment we have lost 6 in a row, if this jumps to 9, then a change will need to be made, but at the moment I don't think that we are that bad. A change in luck and we will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            People need to understand that it wasn't a case of JFH or Ollie.

Once Jimmy left, the board were free to make a sensible appointment. They chose not to. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Absolutely mate. Said it at the time, we swapped a turd for a turd.

I heard something the other day about the way Southampton is run as a club. Apparently they already have a shortlist of names agreed upon that they'd go after in the event their manager had to go.

I'd just like to see some proper planning and forward thinking at the club. I feel like it's been a case that the fans got on Jimmy's back to the extent where the board couldn't do anything but sack him. But instead of having a decent list of replacements lined up, Tony has made a decision based totally on Ollie's enthusiasm for the job and has got it totally wrong.

Jimmy should have stayed until we had a better option. End of story!
              "Jimmy should have stayed until we had a better option. End of story"

How confident was you in jimmy staying after losing 0-2 at home to brentford??

.....*cough* hindsight (rowett)...
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think JFH should have gone, and I am not sure any other manager would be doing better. The problem is we got rid of too many players in the summer and we didn't really replace them.

Comment

"Jimmy should have stayed until we had a better option. End of story"

How confident was you in jimmy staying after losing 0-2 at home to brentford??

.....*cough* hindsight (rowett)...
                  Agree, I was downbeat at that point. Same as after the hammering to Newcastle. Point is though, we've sacked him and hired someone who is worse. We should never have binned him if there wasn't a better option available for what we were prepared to pay!

Comment

Agree, I was downbeat at that point. Same as after the hammering to Newcastle. Point is though, we've sacked him and hired someone who is worse. We should never have binned him if there wasn't a better option available for what we were prepared to pay!
                    Dont agree that Ollie is necessarily worse than JFH.... think we was in dire straits as a club, particularly towards the end of JFHs reign, and was in need of change. Agree Ollie was not the answer, but really struggle to think giving Ollie a contract was the best option....
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Was a case of act in haste repent at leisure , yeah that Brentford performance was a kick up the slabs but in all fairness Brentford at the moment are a far better equipped club than we are, the proof is how many of their players are reported to be in demand this window for good fees on the other hand who wants our players

Comment

Dogs. Their best player has been injured all season Alan Judge and I agree they look a better team and club right now

Comment

Ollie's got enough time in his contract to go down and come back up again. If you want the team to stay up, show it at the game, regardless of the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                            Ollie's got enough time in his contract to go down and come back up again. If you want the team to stay up, show it at the game, regardless of the result.
                            Crikey, Ollie to go down (yes) AND come up again, I dont think so!!..... the going to games part, I agree with though!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Comment

Ollie all day everyday. Jfh was a boring buffoon

Comment

Working...
                                X