Help of hindsight - JFH or Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    And 77, that's what is soooo frustrating and annoying, we got rid of a manager for a worse one.
    How many points do you reckon JFH would have got in the last 7 games? I'd go with 3 from 3 draws

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      People need to understand that it wasn't a case of JFH or Ollie.

Once Jimmy left, the board were free to make a sensible appointment. They chose not to. Again.
      Agreed. No-one even mentioned Ollie before it was speculated - then, the ones that refuse to never criticise the board, jumped on the bandwagon with it because they realised they have no other option to do this if they were to continue their staunch backing of the ownership and board.

Comment

Once Jimmy left, the board were free to make a sensible appointment. They chose not to. Again.
        How do you know that the Board didn't approach "sensible" options and were turned down?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          How many points do you reckon JFH would have got in the last 7 games? I'd go with 3 from 3 draws
          Same as he did in every seven games.
          Two wins, three losses and two draws.
          8 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Same as he did in every seven games.
            Two wins, three losses and two draws.
            8 points.
            Not like his first 7 games then...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              This.
              This again, with Christmas bells and whistles on.

Comment

Changing the bricks and not the bricklayer springs to mind

Comment

It's worth mentioning that Les and co. set the sights of play-offs before Jimmy and still after Ollie was employed.

Ollie spoke of a relegation battle after Brighton - I'm sure this doesn't sit well upstairs.

Comment

Absolutely mate. Said it at the time, we swapped a turd for a turd.

I heard something the other day about the way Southampton is run as a club. Apparently they already have a shortlist of names agreed upon that they'd go after in the event their manager had to go.

I'd just like to see some proper planning and forward thinking at the club. I feel like it's been a case that the fans got on Jimmy's back to the extent where the board couldn't do anything but sack him. But instead of having a decent list of replacements lined up, Tony has made a decision based totally on Ollie's enthusiasm for the job and has got it totally wrong.

Jimmy should have stayed until we had a better option. End of story!

Comment

Ambitions are great, but you have to be sensible about how you get there. You employ an inexperienced but promising looking manager and then look to take on young, inexperienced but ambitious players. We then went in for the usual merry go round in the close season with lots of players in and out. In this scenario is it even half reasonable to expect a winning side? You need to make decisions and then back them. Sacking JFH this season was just insane, maybe if we were still scuffling to draws next season, think about it, but you had to give him chance to work with a settled team and get them and him more experience. Whoever is manager by the end of this season, the one thing you can guarantee is that there'll be another seven or eight in and out at the end of the season and we'll start the whole idiotic cycle again next season, whoever is in charge.....Groundhog Day

Comment

How do you know that the Board didn't approach "sensible" options and were turned down?
                        I did point out that the propect of working under Les might well have sent the sensible options running for the hills.... the fact remains that if you really want the right man in place, you have to be prepared to meet him halfway. I see Hoos as another massive obstacle in the appointments process, because he has failed to understand that a boom / bust mentality is ultimately destructive.

The irony is we could afford to pay a decent gaffer the DoF's salary and benefits.

Comment

Remember being vocal on how bad appointment Ollie was. Also rememer laughing it of at 1st because it was that bad an idea imho... but now he's here theres naff all anyone can do. The only thing I can think of is to find the smallest bit of positive/hope in a bad situation. And that is making it clear that infact we are playing 'a tad' better than before and that a transfer window is just around the corner to hopfully help us out....

JFH had a t.window and we still somehow just seemed to get worse. But nick the odd point. Maybe Ollie can get a couple of players in and improve our overall game (what is imho not that bad) and do more than just nick a point here and there. But instead look like a half decent midd table team.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The irony is we could afford to pay a decent gaffer the DoF's salary and benefits.
                            Cannot argue with this one bit.

Comment

Then don't sack JFH keep him on until that better option presents itself. Don't sack then think who is out there better then realise there is no one. Do your homework in advance of pulling trigger

Comment

I did point out that the propect of working under Les might well have sent the sensible options running for the hills.... the fact remains that if you really want the right man in place, you have to be prepared to meet him halfway. I see Hoos as another massive obstacle in the appointments process, because he has failed to understand that a boom / bust mentality is ultimately destructive.

Agree on the DOF thing being a deterant for decent managers and ultimately a waste of money. But you do also have to look at the big picture.

Tony has put measures in place to protect him against the shambles that Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp were in the transfer market. Tony gave those guys carte blanche to do what they wanted and it cost him a fortune.

The real root of the problem is the fact that TF isn't knowledgeable enough when it comes to football to be able to trust his own opinion, hence he needs to surround himself with people to look after his interests. Now I like Lee Hoos, seems to be a decent fella who knows what he's doing and will look after the financial side of the club but Les is a disaster.

I've said it before, I think it's time for change from top to bottom. I'd like TF to go, I'd definitely like Les to go with him and I'd like to see somebody come in with enough nous to run the club properly. And I'll add that I really don't care what division we are in, I'd just like to see us run properly!

Comment

Working...
                                X