Help of hindsight - JFH or Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help of hindsight - JFH or Ollie

Knowing exactly what we know now and with hindsight fully on our side. Go back in time, would you employ Ollie or carry on under JFH?

I'd say it'll be easy to say stick with JFH, but for me Id still go with Ollie. Even though imo Ollie was/is a pi$$ poor option, and struggle to believe he was the only option. Plus our LLLLL record under Ollie. BUT it has to be said overall imho we're playing better football under Ollie and performances have been better... Also under JFH there was (for me at least) a feeling of rot in the club, poison almost. Kinda felt there was no hope and people didnt want be apart of the club.... not saying Ollies doing wonders at the club. Just better than JFH.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

That's the whole point of the DOF role. Someone who is close to the players and the manager and had enough football experience not to make knee jerk reactions. Les must have been talking to Jimmy and saying we'd like to see more attractive football. Who knows how the conversation went but it's reasonable to speculate that Jimmys response was along the lines that the squad isn't strong enough to play expansive football.

Comment

Nick. The club is rotten from the top down and there in lies the problem. The football under JFH was dull at best so personally I was no fan but relegarion would never have been realistic. The football under Ollie has been marginally better but results are what it is all about and we have lost all bar one where we played 10 men for nearly the whole game.

Comment

Think the decision to get rid of JFH was the correct one. The football was poor and causing people to stop enjoying going to the games. However the decision to employ Olly was the wrong one, but think we had limited options due to having a structure involving a DOF.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
          That's the whole point of the DOF role. Someone who is close to the players and the manager and had enough football experience not to make knee jerk reactions. Les must have been talking to Jimmy and saying we'd like to see more attractive football. Who knows how the conversation went but it's reasonable to speculate that Jimmys response was along the lines that the squad isn't strong enough to play expansive football.
          That for me would show Ollie a better option as he's managed to get us playing more atractive football (no matter how minute the quality) with the exact same players... also didnt JFH have a transfer window to help him out.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Nick. The club is rotten from the top down and there in lies the problem. The football under JFH was dull at best so personally I was no fan but relegarion would never have been realistic. The football under Ollie has been marginally better but results are what it is all about and we have lost all bar one where we played 10 men for nearly the whole game.
            Agree and of course its a results business, but IF Ollie can get a couple of his signings (like JFH had the chance to do) and carry on playing with a more up beat tempo, then 'it could' turn results around... maybe?... straw grasping, I know...
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Agree and of course its a results business, but IF Ollie can get a couple of his signings (like JFH had the chance to do) and carry on playing with a more up beat tempo, then 'it could' turn results around... maybe?... straw grasping, I know...
              you've said it yourself. Clutching at straws, with the muppet in charge we're on a one way ticket to League One.
              Most ridiculous Managerial appointment in decades and for all the wrong reasons and certainly not ability which is what we needed.

Comment

Id rather lose every single game like we are doing now and go down to the fourth division than watch 1-0 wins and #drossball
                Winning and drawing is totally pointless if its #drossball
                At least losing every game is fun now cos we are having a go and the manager jumps up and down on the touchline.
                Best days work this clubs ever done getting rid of the clueless clown #drossball meister.
                It is what it is and its much better like this.

Comment

Mac we can now see JFHs dross was the limit of of the caperbility's of the players he was given Ollies tried to polish the turd and is struggling , me I wouldn't blame either

Comment

Maybe the clueless clown was just trying to build a team under ffp constraints and trying to make sure we stay in this division until it was sorted, then he would of known who was good enough and who wasnt and add the neccesaries when given the money and then taken us to higher level next season.
                    But to so many people on we are a huge club steeped in history and the fans take to forum polls and twitter if we aint winning every single game playing with flair and tenacity.
                    Hence he got sacked not even half way through the season and within a couple of wins from the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Maybe the clueless clown was just trying to build a team under ffp constraints and trying to make sure we stay in this division until it was sorted, then he would of known who was good enough and who wasnt and add the neccesaries when given the money and then taken us to higher level next season.
                      But to so many people on we are a huge club steeped in history and the fans take to forum polls and twitter if we aint winning every single game playing with flair and tenacity.
                      Hence he got sacked not even half way through the season and within a couple of wins from the play offs.
                      I don't agree, but this non sarcastic post was worth reading and makes a point. Jimmy's going was the highpoint of a low, dishonest season, I'm glad he's gone, but results wise we've gone from bad to worse. No doubt. Holloway, managing Les and Jimmy's team, seems worse than Jimmy largely because our team is so s hit. I haven't a clue what to do. I couldn't even pick a decent team from our squad. No goals from anywhere. In midfield we are just awful. Without new players we will go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        And 3 places above where we are now, which is 1 win and a draw away.

2 wins off the play offs with 10 teams above us who were that close or closer. Everyone knows we were never going to be in the top 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          And 3 places above where we are now, which is 1 win and a draw away.

2 wins off the play offs with 10 teams above us who were that close or closer. Everyone knows we were never going to be in the top 6.
                          Hence I said next season after FFP.

And 77, that's what is soooo frustrating and annoying, we got rid of a manager for a worse one. He wasn't ripping up any trees but should of been kept until we could replace him with a better one.
                          It was a panic sacking when there was no panic. Unlike now. There is a huge panic now.

Comment

People need to understand that it wasn't a case of JFH or Ollie.

Once Jimmy left, the board were free to make a sensible appointment. They chose not to. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              People need to understand that it wasn't a case of JFH or Ollie.

Once Jimmy left, the board were free to make a sensible appointment. They chose not to. Again.
                              This.

Comment

Working...
                              X