No announcement yet.

Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think he is as good as a lot of people say he is but he is one of our 'better' players.. don't think he deserves to be dug out. Maybe it's the fact that he is bigged up so much. The 'best midfielder in the league' tag has done him no favours.
    Last edited by upperloft; 30-12-2016, 12:37 PM.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Better than League 1 but not a league above Championship as someone said.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        Mas is the least of our worries.
        I don't agree. Our problem is not scoring goals, not our conceding them. And our not creating goals. Midfield is a major part of that problem. And Luongo plays every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          I don't agree. Our problem is not scoring goals, not our conceding them. And our not creating goals. Midfield is a major part of that problem. And Luongo plays every game.
          Have to agree. Defence needs decent midfield cover and our strikers need service. Neither are getting enough of what they need.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Mas is the least of our worries.
            This. He is our best midfielder hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
              This. He is our best midfielder hands down
              Oh to be as easily pleased as you.......

Comment

Great point 77 recently letting in one goal a game although not ideal is still not end Of the world if we were capable of nicking goals at the other end. Loses would become draws and odd win and the rut is halted. More bite in a toothless baby though then our team

Comment

Read my post from before, here is the key bit, he is our best attacking and defensive CM

Luongo: 474 minutes off pitch, score 40.5% less and concede 108.4% more (+/- 149.02)
                  Cousins: 753 minutes off pitch, score 16.6% more and concede 46.2% less (+/- -62.78)
                  Borysiuk: 1465 minutes off pitch, score 65.2% more and concede 14.7% more (+/- -50.47)
                  Sandro: 1851 minutes off pitch, yet to score with him on pitch and concede 11.3% less (+/- -11.26)
                  Henry: 1007 minutes off pitch, score 29.6% less and concede 34.7% less (+/- -5.03)

Comment

Read my post from before, here is the key bit, he is our best attacking and defensive CM

Luongo: 474 minutes off pitch, score 40.5% less and concede 108.4% more (+/- 149.02)
                    Cousins: 753 minutes off pitch, score 16.6% more and concede 46.2% less (+/- -62.78)
                    Borysiuk: 1465 minutes off pitch, score 65.2% more and concede 14.7% more (+/- -50.47)
                    Sandro: 1851 minutes off pitch, yet to score with him on pitch and concede 11.3% less (+/- -11.26)
                    Henry: 1007 minutes off pitch, score 29.6% less and concede 34.7% less (+/- -5.03)
                    Don't need to read it, fella. I watch the s hit most weeks........... I guess you mean best as in Denge is better than Ebola.

Comment

Slating a bloke when he is our best CURRENT option just isn't me

Comment

Well it looks like we get to see how we can get on without this league one player tomorrow. Looks like hes out injured with a dodgy groin.

Comment

Slating a bloke when he is our best CURRENT option just isn't me
                          Been watching him a year and a half and seen nothing special or significant at all from him. And not a goal.

Comment

Oh to have a different opinion perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Oh to have a different opinion perhaps?
                              Don't mind different opinions, Jack. But I was replying to his objection to my opinion. As you tend to do on here, right...?

Comment

With respect, all those stats are meaningless. Surely it's obvious to anybody who has watched football for a number of years that for us, Luongo gives the ball away far too much, is unbelievably lightweight, creates next to nothing in terms of good chances for others and is absolutely useless in front of goal.

I'd love him to prove me wrong, but as 77 points out, he hasn't done since he's been here so I'd be very surprised if he starts to now.

It's all about impact. We are all aware of Mackie's limitations for example, but when utilised correctly as he was under NW he had a huge impact for us. Far more than Luongo or Chery have ever had.

Comment

Working...
                                X