Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    Maybe about his level not a bad player nor a good championship player , has some talent but as said goes missing far to often in games, which has been my constant gripe, probably not strong or fit enough for the Championship
    But he's the best DM in the championship apparently?

Comment

• Not going write off Luongo just yet. We looked much better without him on saturday (albeit against a woeful Brum side) but the championship is a squad game so he's going to have to play his part. We are about to play the 2nd of 3 games in a week so expect to see him at some point

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        But he's the best DM in the universe apparently?
        Corrected yr typo, Stan. Real creative and attacking midfield without him, Saturday. Good to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Not going write off Luongo just yet. We looked much better without him on saturday (albeit against a woeful Brum side) but the championship is a squad game so he's going to have to play his part. We are about to play the 2nd of 3 games in a week so expect to see him at some point
          Have to agree on this. I think he's been very inconsistent but I also think he should be played further up the field to get the best out of him.

Comment

so it would seem wasn't sure if it was the best midfielder or the best defensive midfielder or whatever, one thing is he hasn't shown that quality since he's been here, had a few descent games but nothing outstanding,

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Have to agree on this. I think he's been very inconsistent but I also think he should be played further up the field to get the best out of him.
              Would make sense given his role for Aus, but with our current options in attacking midfielders? Not sure he's going to get that opportunity anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Would make sense given his role for Aus, but with our current options in attacking midfielders? Not sure he's going to get that opportunity anytime soon?
                Not as a starter but certainly late on sub.

Comment

Not even the best DM at the club and that's saying something!! Very average player. Don't get the hype?
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Not even the best DM at the club and that's saying something!! Very average player. Don't get the hype?
                    The only explanation I assume for the hype is he seems to deliver when playing for his country. Why is that though?...More offensive position?...Different team shape?...

Comment

The only explanation I assume for the hype is he seems to deliver when playing for his country. Why is that though?...More offensive position?...Different team shape?...
                      They don't really play top teams do they... Thailand and Saudi Arabia haven't really set the world alight recently.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                        They don't really play top teams do they... Thailand and Saudi Arabia haven't really set the world alight recently.
                        How come he got nominated for the Balon D'or or whatever it was then?

Comment

Probably for diversity reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Probably for diversity reasons
                            I see. So just tokenism basically.

Comment

He came here as a luxury type player. Allowed more freedom at Swindon. He talked about it in his interview after signing his deal. He said its taken time to adjust to the championship and learning the defensive side of the game.

Comment

More chance of him winning the balloon D'pop.

would happily keep him as a squad player but first team in the championship? no chance.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X