Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

I wonder at what point our coaching staff and fanbase will realise that Luongo isn't good enough for the Championship? He shows the occasional nice touch here and there, but that's not really enough to justify a place on the team sheet every week, is it? He gives away possession regularly, makes stupid decisions (Brighton penalty was a classic example), gets pushed off the ball too easily and generally runs about like a headless chicken. Desperately need to drop him for the next game - really can't see how he's chosen over Sandro, or even Henry.

He may come good for us - when we're in League One next season.

Harsh I think he is he just needs some players around him to protect him

More loonies required please Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
      I wonder at what point our coaching staff and fanbase will realise that Luongo isn't good enough for the Championship? He shows the occasional nice touch here and there, but that's not really enough to justify a place on the team sheet every week, is it? He gives away possession regularly, makes stupid decisions (Brighton penalty was a classic example), gets pushed off the ball too easily and generally runs about like a headless chicken. Desperately need to drop him for the next game - really can't see how he's chosen over Sandro, or even Henry.

Could say same about the rest.

Comment

you could be talking about any one of our midfielders loungo , chery , cousins

Comment

Makes Ned Zelic look good.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            you could be talking about any one of our midfielders loungo , chery , cousins
            Point taken, the whole team is poor, but Luongo starts every week and offers absolutely nothing. Surely a Borysiuk/Sandro CM partnership is worth a try? Would give us a bit more bite/energy in midfield.

Comment

I actually rate him and think there is a player in him if he's surrounded by right players around him. But like Hall has form has massively dipped to what he can do

Comment

Good player surrounded by shyte. Watch him leave for another championship side and do well. Promising players always fail here anyway, it's not them it's US.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Point taken, the whole team is poor, but Luongo starts every week and offers absolutely nothing. Surely a Borysiuk/Sandro CM partnership is worth a try? Would give us a bit more bite/energy in midfield.
                  agree i'd have sandro in the team and give the pole a run of games

Comment

I think Luongo is just fine. Yes he has bad games but they all do. He at times is our only positive player. I think there is a distinct lack of effort (even league one players would get a result sometimes if they tried hard enough). Even Polter has lost this and that was his main thing. They don't seem to want to play for anyone. I still think with a striker that is halfway natural at getting onto balls, controlling balls and finishing we would have won against Villa and Derby.

Comment

I rate luongo and I'm sure I read somewhere he's made the most tackles in the championship this season! I also think he's pretty decent on the ball and easily good enough for this level!

As others have said I think the team is so unbalanced that it having a effect on some of our Better players as the others are just not on the same wave length!!

Luongo next to a hard tackling full of energy championship quality midfielder would thrive imo!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        Good player surrounded by shyte. Watch him leave for another championship side and do well. Promising players always fail here anyway, it's not them it's US.

This, he's becoming a victim of the Tom Carroll syndrome, though Mass is much better. He's got a good footballing brain, it needs to be applied.

I watched a match in Australia afew years ago. Harry Kewell was playing for Melbourne Victory. It was astonishing to see how far above the others he was. He'd get the ball and lose it while holding, moving, dribbling just waiting for someone to be available. Off the ball he'd run into logical areas, and press hard, but no one around him knew where he was and where to find him, because they had their heads down, grinding.

Mass i think suffers from being a flair player in a team full of average flair players that are trying to grind.

In a strong midfield he'll do better.

I don't see him as the next Gerrard or anything, but he's easily good enough to be considered a first team pick now. There's something there for sure.

You could put Messi in this squad now and he's look bang average. One player does not maketh a team.

Comment

He's very inconsistent and he's one of those players where you don't know where to play him,he def has ability and I thought he was playing his best under Ramsey playing no 10

Comment

He probably is a good player and would certainly look better with better players around him, but I'm just not sure what he actually does. A top player at this level would take a struggling side like us by the scruff of the neck, demand the ball at all time and move us forward. Mass looks happy enough to dissapear into the background when things get tough and I don't like that.

Shame, as u think he can be a player.

Comment

Average league 1, lower champ player IMO. Some make the step up from the likes of Swindon...

Comment

Working...
                              X