No announcement yet.

If Ollie Loses the next two games.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ollie Loses the next two games.....

Ok we know where are. Getting near bottom three and lost six on the spin under new manager.

Team seem to have no confidence, no zip and going nowhere. It is for the manager to manage players and that is clearly not working. Most new managers seem to have at least a short honeymoon period. We had 45 mins against 10 man Norwich.

For me that says sadly Ollie a disastrous appointment. The club need to get rid and get someone either experienced and well regarded or someone on their way up as opposed to on the way down.

The team look very poor but it was only very recently the club were saying promotion still the aim so is the squad that bad or was that just BS? For me the squad, on paper, is strong in defence, various options in central midfield but poor out wide and up front. Not bad enough to excuse six defeats in a row ...

My wish list is a new manager and modest January budget with a view to bringing in a decent wide player or two and a couple of strikers. Could be just two permanent signings and couple of loans. A new manager could organise and motivate team and further disaster averted.

Recruitment in summer poor and Les' role also needs to be looked at. Three failed managerial appointments and poor player recruitment. Sorry but for me that falls at his door club legend or not.

Doubt it will happen but all it needs is for board to wake up, show some balls and get on with some difficult decisions. Do nothing and we have a lot more garbage to look forward to. Come on Tony do it. I'm a businessman (very small fry in comparison) and best will in the world we don't always get things right. Best thing you can do when that happens is take the proverbial bull by horns, grit teeth and do what you can to right things. Indulging a balls up never works, just makes problem worse.

And it's all his doing , he brought in the last 3 managers and has earmarked and brought in the substandard players we now, he's the man responsible for football matters and he has failed miserably.

Comment

If Ollie Loses the next two games.....

does he get the boot or not?

Wolves and Ipswich up next who have both struggled but have both beaten us in our run of 6 loses. I personally back Ollie and think he needs these two games and January to sort out the club with some new signings and wouldn't personally pull the trigger.

However how many games can a manger lose on the trot in modern football and survive at a club in the championship, who whether or not realistically had ambitions of play offs this seasons?

If we lose the next two then can he survive 8 loses?

If you add Wolves into the mix then Ollies next 5 games determine his stay at this club imo!

Championship
      Queens Park Rangers v Ipswich Town Mon 2 Jan 15:00

FA Cup - Third Round
      Queens Park Rangers v Blackburn Rovers Sat 7 Jan 15:00

Championship
      Reading v Queens Park Rangers Thu 12 Jan 19:45

Championship
      Queens Park Rangers v Fulham Sat 21 Jan 12:30

Championship
      Queens Park Rangers v Wigan Athletic Sat 28 Jan 15:00

15 points up for grabs and I think Ollie needs 4 from the next 2 games and ideally 6 from the following 3 however another 4 would probably suffice. Anything less then 7 then surely he goes or does he not even get the chance if we lose the next two?

How many points do you think Ollie can get and what would make the Ollie doubter happy point wise?

Comment

He will be toast.

Comment

Think he'd have to go.

Comment

we be lucky to get a single win out of those fixtures.

Comment

Five league games before the end of January. Needs two wins to keep his job.

Comment

They won't sack a manager they've just employed, who's inherited a poor squad and who hasn't had a single chance to buy a player. Just won't happen, and rightly so.

Let's see who he can get in during the window and judge him after that. Will it be too late? Possibly, but you can't sack a man for the reasons I said above and I wasn't one who wanted him back. I'm just giving the fella a fair crack of the whip.

Personally only way I can see a new manager coming in is if Ollie walks for the good of the club. Can't see that happening either unfortunately as he'll move heaven and earth to help Queens Park Rangers and I can't see him resigning as being part of that plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  They won't sack a manager they've just employed, who's inherited a poor squad and who hasn't had a single chance to buy a player. Just won't happen, and rightly so.

Let's see who he can get in during the window and judge him after that. Will it be too late? Possibly, but you can't sack a man for the reasons I said above and I wasn't one who wanted him back. I'm just giving the fella a fair crack of the whip.

Personally only way I can see a new manager coming in is if Ollie walks for the good of the club. Can't see that happening either unfortunately as he'll move heaven and earth to help Queens Park Rangers and I can't see him resigning as being part of that plan.
                  Exactly what happened at Swansea

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                    Exactly what happened at Swansea
                    beat me to it.

My beef though is that olly will only get dof les transfer window. he will gather a selection of dross and olly will have to pick from it.

cannot believe les and the pe teacher have not been given the boot.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Can only really get shot if there is alternative option. That was Rowett but other jobs will come up so that boat has sailed. Got back Olly now as he's staying

Comment

On talksport it just said that TF offered the QPR job to Rowett before Ollie and he turned it down.

Rowett also saying that with our current team we have no chance of staying up.

Comment

Well we'll see what he knows come the end of the season. And if he's wrong, glad he's not here.
                          Last edited by Olly; 29-12-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Thought he spoke positively but honestly about us on sky I got impression he was deliberately saying positive stuff in case he gets the call. From memory said were decent apart from having cutting edge up too and someone to open the door

Comment

If we get rid of Ollie who the f.eck will come here? Rowett turned us down when in a better position so no chance of him coming here. Pardew no chance. We've got to stick with him now I'm afraid. Never wanted him here in the first place, the geezas in cloud cuckoo land. God knows who we will bring in January tbh i can't see anyone decent coming in.

Comment

Working...
                              X