If Ollie calls the shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ollie calls the shots

On any January signings does that render Ferdinand surplus to requirements or is Ferdinand still going take control of what players Ollie gets a choice from ???

Exactly

Comment

Ferdinand gone from being at the game yesterday to turning down an offer to go on talksport because of being stuck in bed with the flu this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        Ferdinand gone from being at the game yesterday to turning down an offer to go on talksport because of being stuck in bed with the flu this morning
        If true that's pretty gutless. Like the squad he has assembled.

Comment

There are people who still don't understand the role Ferdinand has. Managers go to him to ask him for a position to be filled. If they have any preferred targets, they suggest it to the DOF and he sends scouts (or goes himself) to watch the player(s).

He comes back with a list of 5 names at different price points for each position requested and with a given budget, the manager has a choice as to who he wants, if he wants anyone. There are no LF signings, there are no TF signings. Every signing is passed through from DoF to Manager back to DoF then to Hoos, then to the owner and it's signed off.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

as long as he is employed, he will still have full control over transfer targets, otherwise why pay him for a job he no longer do.

the sooner the gutless prat is gone, the better.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              There are people who still don't understand the role Ferdinand has. Managers go to him to ask him for a position to be filled. If they have any preferred targets, they suggest it to the DOF and he sends scouts (or goes himself) to watch the player(s).

He comes back with a list of 5 names at different price points for each position requested and with a given budget, the manager has a choice as to who he wants, if he wants anyone. There are no LF signings, there are no TF signings. Every signing is passed through from DoF to Manager back to DoF then to Hoos, then to the owner and it's signed off.
              ###### spoken here ! Whatever way you put the manager doesn't get his individual choice he gets a choice of what Ferdinand gives him , big deal !!

Comment

Why do you always come across as a fu cking know all?

Comment

Which makes a hell of a lot of sense. It just doesn't seem to have paid off.

We need to loan/free transfer our way out of this till next summer.

Comment

Why can't fans grasp a dof role ,it doesn't mean he calls all the shots at all , he is someone who is in place to theoretically work between manager and the board , most clubs now have a committee that work on transfers , Holloway will have his targets and the board including the dof will try ( if financially possible) to sign them , it doesn't mean if the manger states who he wants the dof is redundant

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                      Why do you always come across as a fu cking know all?
                      I come across as a know it all to you and a few others who disagree with what I say in general. Perhaps it's because I speak a different way, with a bit more to each sentence than others put in (in terms of words, not necessarily substance). Plus I've been brought up in a PR family so I tend to come across a certain way to people who don't know the position I speak from (and it's very difficult to express that position on a text message board). Apologies if I come across a certain way but I'm not gonna change how I speak or what I say simply because a minority of people I speak to don't like it... I'm not TF.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        Why can't fans grasp a dof role ,it doesn't mean he calls all the shots at all , he is someone who is in place to theoretically work between manager and the board , most clubs now have a committee that work on transfers , Holloway will have his targets and the board including the dof will try ( if financially possible) to sign them , it doesn't mean if the manger states who he wants the dof is redundant
                        Rubbish Holloway won't have his choice of player he will have his choice of position , unless the dof does manage to get his choice to a player in that position , and if he does get Ollie's individual choice then why the fark didn't they let Ollie do it

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Rubbish Holloway won't have his choice of player he will have his choice of position , unless the dof does manage to get his choice to a player in that position , and if he does get Ollie's individual choice then why the fark didn't they let Ollie do it
                          What are you on about man , the manager will have a player in mind ( let's for argument sake say a forward) he will then put his suggestion to the dof then you have Hoos and the chairman that's the committee, if they can they will try get him and Holloway of course will be involved as he will talk to the player to try and sell the club to him as will the chairman and alike, but remember he may not be able to get his first choice that's why the draw up a list of players , because believe it or not players can turn you down.

Comment

1st Ferdinand has already said he offered various players to JFH to choose from JFH has said he wasn't happy with the players he got
                            2nd Redknapp and Hugh's never signed a player they recommended the players they wanted the co singed their contracts without the dof
                            So why do we need a dof either way the signings proved to be crap

Comment

jfh had names he wanted , he wanted Ngbakato from the start he got El khayati and he wanted Sylla he got all three
                              Last edited by winalotto; 28-12-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X