Tango and Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I know you're unable to concede anything re TF's performance which is strange for a stats man, because in terms of £s spent per point achieved, we are by some distance the most unsuccessful club of all time (source: World Soccer Magazine). That's one helluva of a stat. I told you a few months ago that a totally reactionary fiscal policy wouldn't work, that the failure to find a sensible middle ground would send us plunging down the table, and could actually cost money. You didn't want to know because you have consistently been unable to take an objective view about Tony. The same was true re JFH - there was no evidence on which to make that appointment and his record with us was distinctly average. The sensible thing would of course have been to retain NW while we remained a championship side. Given a choice between NW, JFH and Olly to manage our club at this level, the choice is self evident. Olly's appointment was not the answer re JFH, but your hero went right ahead and shot himself in the foot. Again.

Who was responsible for the appointment of Les, someone else with no demonstrable qualifications for the job in hand? Hughes had no experience of working with such a massive war chest and came with Kia. Giving Kia the keys to the mint was a mind numbing piece of craziness, since his reputation preceeded him. Tony did that.

He maybe a great bloke, he may love the club, but the fact remains he has presided over a decline despite spending >0.25bn. That, sadly, is another stat not easily dispensed with.

Finally, re Harry. Hands up - I got that one wrong. I thought he still had it in him and I hoped he would be able to put aside his well documented inability to handle talented but difficult individuals. Wrong on both counts. I also think something went badly wrong between Harry and the board, which finally manifested itself in the imaginary knee problem. We all get things wrong, but what worries me re Tony is that he is still surrounded by questionable assets: Hoos, Ferdinand, Olly. I don't think anything will change until that unholy trinity is dispensed with wholesale. On the bright side the minute Hoos left Leicester - where he is not fondly remembered - they began their ascent....... finger crossed history will one day repeat itself.
    It almost seems like the work hoos did at Leicester set the groundwork to allow for the success to follow... same as he did with burnley. Because of the policy he followed, when he left, the club was able to spend money safely within the confines of ffp and within their own means.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Also Hughes had no experience working with that money? He managed man City as soon as the money came in and had a very average run with them. His signings in January kept us up and the confidence wa's there to allow him to spend as he did. A lot of Fans were confident in him and the board was.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Simply put, look where we were when he took over and look where we are now. Nobody responsible for that?
        Where do you think we should be?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Let's not get revisionist now.

This was down to Bhatia, Warnock and Saksena, much more than T&C.

The best thing Flavio ever did was just admit defeat and to hand the reins over to Amit. As for Ecclestone, he was nothing more than a sleeping partner.
          Actually the one with the money who was keeping the club a float.

Our problem is outgoing is higher than income, same thing then then.

Comment

The one thing they did have was a plan and realistic ambition and whatever you think of them left us in a good state for the next person to carry it on. Since that takeover it has been a total joke and you cannot compare Bernie and Flavio with Fernandes as they achieved what they set out to do Promotion to the Premier then Sell.

Comment

Working...
            X