Tango and Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tango and Cash

Any chance we could see what happened when they had a Jan transfer window, we got in about 5 proven championship level players to help us stay up.

All free transfers

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      All free transfers
      Worked though ?.

Comment

Originally posted by sneezey15 View Post
        we got in about 5 proven championship level players to help us stay up.
        Let's not get revisionist now.

This was down to Bhatia, Warnock and Saksena, much more than T&C.

The best thing Flavio ever did was just admit defeat and to hand the reins over to Amit. As for Ecclestone, he was nothing more than a sleeping partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Let's not get revisionist now.

This was down to Bhatia, Warnock and Saksena, much more than T&C.

The best thing Flavio ever did was just admit defeat and to hand the reins over to Amit. As for Ecclestone, he was nothing more than a sleeping partner.
          At least he had the decency and self-respect to see that his time owning the club was up. We should be so lucky where Fernandes is concerned...he clearly isn't leaving until he has driven this club completely into the ground.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 27-12-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Flavio did have a plan to build us up when he took over and to be fair did just that. What an earth has this chairman done other than make awful decisions and waste more money than any of us could hope to see. Even now with the results nosediving he is still bumbling around. No leader on or off the pitch and ferdinand is turning him over with the jobs for pals just as kia jorabchin did 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

Running a football club sounds like the strangest job in the world, why do people want to do it?

Comment

What has any of the on field problems got to do with Tony Fernandez ffs. He appoints almost every manager we ask of him. We are a small club in a tough league with no divine right to win a game.....reality check needed on here... jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                  What has any of the on field problems got to do with Tony Fernandez ffs. He appoints almost every manager we ask of him. We are a small club in a tough league with no divine right to win a game.....reality check needed on here... jesus
                  Simply put, look where we were when he took over and look where we are now. Nobody responsible for that?

Comment

Absolutely this 100% with every bell on the planet on it.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So Fernandes is above criticism, is that it? Whether you care to admit it or not, if the club is poorly run off the field (which it is), then it stands to reason that that will have a negative effect on it too (which it has). Common sense should tell you that much. No-one is talking about a divine right to win games...but losing 6 on the bounce and fighting relegation after coming down from the PL two seasons ago simply doesn't cut it.
                      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 28-12-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        So Fernandes is above criticism, is that it? Whether you care to admit it or not, if the club is poorly run off the field (which it is), then it stands to reason that that will have a negative effect on it too (which it has). Common sense should tell you that much. No-one is talking about a divine right to win games...but losing 6 on the bounce and fighting relegation after coming down from the PL two seasons ago simply doesn't cut it.
                        So why is it Fernandes' fault that Ollie has let him down? Why is it his fault that Hughes - someone who has a pretty good transfer record - failed so miserably? Why is it his fault that Harry spent a whole summer building for a 352 and then changed 2 games in to a 4 at the back?
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I get that TF is not responsible for on field stuff, but he has overseen a £250,000,000 disaster with his signature on every contract given out and doesn't seem to be learning when it comes to the big decisions so like it or lump it he is the one who who's resposnsible for a lot of this mess. Until OOC is out of his reach nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            So why is it Fernandes' fault that Ollie has let him down?
                            For appointing him in the first place

Why is it his fault that Hughes - someone who has a pretty good transfer record - failed so miserably?
                            For not treating him the same way Peter Coates (as well as his previous chairmen) did and not giving him an open cheque book to sign whoever he wished and on long contracts to boot. Fernandes himself admitted his naivety there.

Why is it his fault that Harry spent a whole summer building for a 352 and then changed 2 games in to a 4 at the back?
                            For not getting rid of him when he admitted he'd rather be on the golf course than managing us.

Anyway, this is all extremely old ground which has been done to death. It really is like groundhog day on here sometimes.

Comment

So why is it Fernandes' fault that Ollie has let him down?
                              I know you're unable to concede anything re TF's performance which is strange for a stats man, because in terms of £s spent per point achieved, we are by some distance the most unsuccessful club of all time (source: World Soccer Magazine). That's one helluva of a stat. I told you a few months ago that a totally reactionary fiscal policy wouldn't work, that the failure to find a sensible middle ground would send us plunging down the table, and could actually cost money. You didn't want to know because you have consistently been unable to take an objective view about Tony. The same was true re JFH - there was no evidence on which to make that appointment and his record with us was distinctly average. The sensible thing would of course have been to retain NW while we remained a championship side. Given a choice between NW, JFH and Olly to manage our club at this level, the choice is self evident. Olly's appointment was not the answer re JFH, but your hero went right ahead and shot himself in the foot. Again.

Who was responsible for the appointment of Les, someone else with no demonstrable qualifications for the job in hand? Hughes had no experience of working with such a massive war chest and came with Kia. Giving Kia the keys to the mint was a mind numbing piece of craziness, since his reputation preceeded him. Tony did that.

He maybe a great bloke, he may love the club, but the fact remains he has presided over a decline despite spending >0.25bn. That, sadly, is another stat not easily dispensed with.

Finally, re Harry. Hands up - I got that one wrong. I thought he still had it in him and I hoped he would be able to put aside his well documented inability to handle talented but difficult individuals. Wrong on both counts. I also think something went badly wrong between Harry and the board, which finally manifested itself in the imaginary knee problem. We all get things wrong, but what worries me re Tony is that he is still surrounded by questionable assets: Hoos, Ferdinand, Olly. I don't think anything will change until that unholy trinity is dispensed with wholesale. On the bright side the minute Hoos left Leicester - where he is not fondly remembered - they began their ascent....... finger crossed history will one day repeat itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X