Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Holloway's fault BUT he should quit now !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    I am so glad no-one had found my "Mark Hughes will win us the Premier League" post...
    Please tell me that's some sort of sick joke???

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Please tell me that's some sort of sick joke???
      We did feature in one of the Premier Leagues most exciting games under Hughes though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Well Pinkie certainly knows how to rock a groove, that's all I can say....
        Haha good one hubbs i think ill behave now
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          So panic after 6 losses on the bounce means everyone overreacted and thinking short term, yet 2 wins on the bounce means we're out of the woods and looking at the bigger picture. Logic?
          WATRB's logic mate! Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            This and i still believe out of there stubborness they still cant admit hes the exact man for the job, with comments like i think there was better out there rubbish! like who and who says they would be better than ollie, for me no other manager would be able to do what ollies doing with us right now in the short space of time hes doing it, so absolute rubbish coming out with theres better than ollie that fits us!
            So Paul Clement or Gary Rowett weren't better options than Ollie then Pinkie? Or Mark Warburton? Or even Neil Warnock who has single handedly taken Cardiff from relegation candidates to play-off hopefuls?

I know you love Ollie and I'm probably wasting my breath. But winning 2 games on the bounce don't make him the perfect manager. Yeah, he's doing a good job, but there were definitely better options out there if we'd had the conviction and budget to get them!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              So panic after 6 losses on the bounce means everyone overreacted and thinking short term, yet 2 wins on the bounce means we're out of the woods and looking at the bigger picture. Logic?
              It's not just 2 wins on the bounce though.

It's 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses over the last 2 months, which represents an overall upturn - particularly impressive when you consider the mess IH inherited, as well as allowing the Jan signings to bed in, which they're still in the process of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                So Paul Clement or Gary Rowett weren't better options than Ollie then Pinkie? Or Mark Warburton? Or even Neil Warnock who has single handedly taken Cardiff from relegation candidates to play-off hopefuls?

I know you love Ollie and I'm probably wasting my breath. But winning 2 games on the bounce don't make him the perfect manager. Yeah, he's doing a good job, but there were definitely better options out there if we'd had the conviction and budget to get them!
                Clement unproven, Rowett decent couple of seasons but even JFH beats both in terms of actual achievement as manager. In terms of experience, they are at a similar level. NW has been in semi retirement for the past few years - I'd hardly call Cardiff play off hopefuls, being 5 points ahead of us. Warburton decent at Brentford and Rangers, may have been a good shout but was still employed at the time and unlikely to want to leave for us anyway.

In comparison, Ollie loves the club and has 2 promotions to the Prem under his belt. He's no messiah but I'd say a very decent appointment overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

That's right, we didn't have the budget, so you're options are null and void.

Clement - assistant at Bayern Munich and then went to a prem team
                  Rowe - employed at the time doing very well in a team way above us?
                  Warburton - Obviously something very wrong with the man (leaving under a cloud at Brentford and Rangers)
                  Warnock - loved at QPR and rightly so. Would have been a good appointment

There isn't any other manager out there that could have got our players playing the way he has in my opinion. Much more exciting football and I think that's what most of us wanted.

There wasn't really any other options let alone better ones i don't think?
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

Warburton - Obviously something very wrong with the man (leaving under a cloud at Brentford and Rangers)

There isn't any other manager out there that could have got our players playing the way he has in my opinion. Much more exciting football and I think that's what most of us wanted.

Woahhhhhhh, BIG statement

Must be Ollie's tactical nouse. All that arm waving must make perfect sense to the players...

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Woahhhhhhh, BIG statement

Must be Ollie's tactical nouse. All that arm waving must make perfect sense to the players...
                      Haha it is a big statement! But i honestly can't remember any options at the time who were better? Happy to be proven wrong (about better options at the time) but i can't remember any

You have to admit the football has been better as has the players' commitment. Even when we've lost.
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        Haha it is a big statement! But i honestly can't remember any options at the time who were better? Happy to be proven wrong (about better options at the time) but i can't remember any

You have to admit the football has been better as has the players' commitment. Even when we've lost.
                        I'm sure some people were calling for Zola. ffs. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

We interviewed Rowett you know mate? Rumour is the reason he left Birmingham is because he used an offer we gave him to try and engineer a pay-rise........might be b#llocks but I've heard it from a few different people. If we'd wanted him enough I reckon we could have got him.

As for Warburton, I think there were reasonable explanations for both departures. Brentford wanted to go a different direction than he did on how off the field stuff was run and Rangers is an utter shamble and if you believe what you hear on the grapevine, are on the brink of administration again.

Anyway, all opinions ain't it? Just saying that for me, Ollie wasn't the guy for this job. Glad he's doing well and always happy to be proved wrong if there are 3 points in it for Rangers but I think there were better we could of got!

Comment

• How many good managers (on paper) have come to Rangers an been rubbish? Talk of Clement, Rowell etc. are interesting but who knows what they would have done here.

Comment

• I actually think Olly is the best man for the job. I was deeply sceptical at first, but now I'm a convert!

Comment

• I don't care about past managerial records - for me, it's all about the fit between club and manager.

A successful manager at one or two other places can still struggle to do anything at a club if he doesn't fit in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X