We wanted Warnock out, we got it.
    We wanted Hughes, we got it
    We wanted Hughes out, we got it.
    We wanted Redknapp, we got it.
    We wanted Redknapp gone, we got it.
    We wanted big names, we got them.
    We wanted Ramsay gone, we got it.
    We wanted younger players, we got them.
    We wanted a young up and coming manager, we got it.
    We wanted hasselbaink gone, we got it.
    We wanted heart and soul back, we got it through bringing back Ollie and bircham.

As a collective fan base we have virtually got everything we've been asking for and yet we are worse now than when briatore left who could not give a stuff about fans.

So, question is, with fans being so vocal and social media being such a big influence these days, are we proving that fans should never influence the club?
    Last edited by oldskoolturk; 27-12-2016, 03:13 PM.

Good thread I have said the above few times but some don't like hearing the truth

Fans as much to blame as the owners

Comment

Free beer on Saturday, shall we wish for that?

Comment

In hindsight it's easy to say TF has really ####ed up in almost every decision he has made, everything has seemed to go wrong, but it's what most of us wanted at the time so not sure if we can blame him entirely. I think it might be time for a change though, time to let somebody else have a go

Comment

Fans have every right to raise their concerns how the club is being run /managed. We pay a small fortune to sit in a #### hole of a stadium and have to endure the rubbish served on the pitch.

Comment

Just seen Ramsey's face watching the match. Looks like he can't even begin to understand how awful we've become in comparison to what he got sacked for. I half agree with him.

Hate saying it (and have argued for more-or-less all the previous managers to be given more time), but Holloway needs to go before his successor has an impossible salvage job on his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
              Fans have every right to raise their concerns how the club is being run /managed. We pay a small fortune to sit in a #### hole of a stadium and have to endure the rubbish served on the pitch.
              With respect it looks like you're missing the point of the thread. The point is that by fans continually raising the concerns over everything and inevitably getting our own way, are we inadvertently contributing to the downfall?

Comment

So we should just happy clap and say nothing?

Comment

Briatore and co had a plan to take us up by hook or by crook. Right now we are rudderless and going nowhere fast. I wish we could have a team that was well run from the top and half decent on the pitch.

Comment

This is a topic I was about to bring up myself actually. The fact is, a fanbase as a general body can be said to have 2 aims for their team: Entertainment and avoiding defeat. If you get one without the other, a fanbase (as a whole) is willing to turn on everything about the club until they get any change.
                    A manager's job should be ideally much more simple: Win. A manager should not have to care about how entertaining the side is because ultimately, what (should) get fans more happy than a win?
                    This particular fanbase have had one season in god knows how many where they got both entertainment and avoiding defeat and that was the championship winning season. Ever since then, we've had at most one or the other and consistently, the fans have turned on people at the club to get what they want.
                    All TF has done is given those loud voices what they wanted. JFH should never have gone but even before him, changes were made that shouldn't have been made but the overall fanbase demanded these changes and when they got them and found they didn't work, all they did was turn on him and demand more change.

People complain about the spending, I remember the start of our first prem season where we lost 4 - 0 at home to Bolton, having spent practically nothing yet and fans were there, screaming for money to be pumped. I remember seeing fans elated at the signing of SWP, Armand Traore, etc when we finally got money in. I also remember fans turning on NW at the end of his stint, I remember them turning on HR when we came up again because he wasn't as entertaining as he should have been, even though we got promoted and got results. It all happened the same way. Fans got one thing but wanted more and demanded change that invariably ended up with us having to take 2 steps back to try again.

An overall fanbase should never dictate the direction of the club. The direction of the club should dictate the fanbase. If fans don't want to stick around, they don't have to. If they don't feel it's the same club anymore, it probably isn't, but not many clubs are the same club they were before. TF has made one big mistake in his time here. He listened too much.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We say it's s hit. It then gets really s hit. We say it's really s hit. It then gets really, really s hit. Not sure what we can do.

Comment

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Sure it does. It can't have anything to do with our wonderful players, talented management and inspirational owners. It's entirely our fault. We appoint the managers and sign the players.

Comment

Everyone has part to play including fans

Comment

That's not true really though is it. It's well known that the board take fans views very seriously. Things like the badge etc all based purely on fan options. And it's well documented that the last 2 managerial appointments and Hasselbainks sacking are based on what the fans wanted on social media and chants at matches

Comment

Working...
                              X