Gary Rowett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Rowett

Just been having a ponder as everyone seems to calling for him. Does anybody know if we have approached him and he has looked at us and thought, I want a job that will last me more than 9 months to a year with himself being in control of the footballing side of things. TBH we don't look a very good proposition at the moment with knee jerk reactions and no patience in managers, Plus I think even Rowett would struggle to build up this lots confidence especially with him being the 3rd manager this season
    God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Until someone actually tells me what he's achieved it's just a name. Really can't believe how overrated this man is
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Until someone actually tells me what he's achieved it's just a name. Really can't believe how overrated this man is
      He laid the foundations on the pitch for burtons quick rise to the championship then did a great job in an insecure position at birmingham were they had off the field problems, no money to spend a relatively weak team that were gradually heading towards relegation imo.
      Birmingham was almost as bad as us in terms of confidence and off the field problems when he took over but he managed to do a great job.

I'm still an ollie supporter atm but i won't deny how good rowett did at birmingham and his potential as aside from eddie howe, hes the best up and coming english manager out there

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        He laid the foundations on the pitch for burtons quick rise to the championship then did a great job in an insecure position at birmingham were they had off the field problems, no money to spend a relatively weak team that were gradually heading towards relegation imo.
        Birmingham was almost as bad as us in terms of confidence and off the field problems when he took over but he managed to do a great job.

I'm still an ollie supporter atm but i won't deny how good rowett did at birmingham and his potential as aside from eddie howe, hes the best up and coming english manager out there
        OK fair post, I would of liked to of seen more than stabilizing a massive club like Birmingham however I get the points you're making young corbray
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Strikes me as the kind of humble and ambitious young chap who, one day, will get a club with the right support and take them all the way.

Eddie Howe-ish.

But, that club may or may not be us, it could be bloody anybody.

I think in football these days the club and manager are less important than the match between them. As in a manager that previously struggled, can find the right club and perform, and vice versa.

To those that keep hailing for the next whoever to come save us....could come from anywhere.

Comment

Turned us down 3 times according to Clive from LFW.

Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              Turned us down 3 times according to Clive from LFW.

Move on.
              The perfect man for our club, but sadly he won't come with our dof structure at the club.

While les is here, it will only ever be pe teachers, novices and sky pundits.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If he is so good, why did Birmingham City sack him. I know they've brought in Zola, but is there any guarantee he's better than Rowlett.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  If he is so good, why did Birmingham City sack him. I know they've brought in Zola, but is there any guarantee he's better than Rowlett.
                  Just cause you get sacked don't mean your not good manager same as just because your selected for a just b don't mean you will be success

Comment

The fans went mental. The new rich owners wanted a big fancy dan famous football name. No other reason jmel.

Comment

New owners wanted someone with a higher profile.

Comment

Didn't some other mugs do the same who was it they let go for a glamour high profile ?? Ah yes I'm sure I'm right in saying it was Niel Warnock and didn't that work brilliant for them

Comment

Personally I'd have given it to kermit the frog over Ian Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Didn't some other mugs do the same who was it they let go for a glamour high profile ?? Ah yes I'm sure I'm right in saying it was Niel Warnock and didn't that work brilliant for them
                            Don't think Warnock was sacked because they wanted someone with a higher profile. I think they genuinely believed Warnock could not do a job in the premiership.

Comment

If we get a hiding tomorrow then we need to review the holloway situation as we no longer have games to play with. Should go for Rowett before Norwich do and get him in as the signs look ominous for us this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X