Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need him for composure, we lack this all over the pitch, Ned included
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Na. Great guy, great servant but was no great shakes when we shipped him off. I'm not saying he's not better than what we have but you just don't know what you're gonna get back with him. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Getting a bit weird all this pining for ex players. We could spend abit of money and get the younger better version of Faurlin in Conor Hourihane
        Bigger, richer clubs than us are all interested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          richer clubs than us are all interested in him.
          Man City and PSG want Faurlin???

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Man City and PSG want Faurlin???
            Yeah, that's what I meant. Well done.

Comment

Could you name a club richer than us who wants him then?
              Name me club whos done a quarter of a billion in 5 years who wants him?

Comment

Would be proper palm to face if this happened.... with his injury record, would be paying for someone to sit on the bench.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Could you name a club richer than us who wants him then?
                  Name me club whos done a quarter of a billion in 5 years who wants him?
                  Done a quarter of a billion in 5 years, and are now in tens of millions of debt with no money to spend in the next TW. Not sure what point you're trying to make with that little factoid. Regardless of whatever money we used to throw about, the fact is that at this point in time we're skint.

As for bigger and richer clubs, how about Celtic and Aston Villa? Two of the biggest clubs in the UK, with Villa regularly spending £10-15m on one player...something we could only dream of doing now.

Comment

Point im making is short memories.
                    Oh no, that dreaded DEBT word again.
                    This club aint skint under this ownership and never will be.

Comment

Point im making is short memories.
                      Oh no, tnat DEBT word again.
                      Who here has a short memory? The fact of the matter is that we're still paying for our PL largesse, and will be for years to come. We can be outspent by most of the sides in this division, many of whom are bigger and better run than us to begin with. If you're Connor Hourihane, are you going to leave Barnsley for QPR (fighting relegation).....or Villa (who will surely be in the promotion mix-up next season) and Celtic (who'll be in the CL next season)? It's a no brainer.

'That debt word'? Don't you think that's kind of fundamental to the point I'm making, and that you're taking issue with?

Comment

Okay we are skint and in debt and its absolutley nothing to do with ffp.
                        And we havent got a player on the highest wages in the division in our reserves either.
                        Its Christmas and a time for agreeing not arguing.

Comment

Okay we are skint and in debt and its absolutley nothing to do with ffp.
                          And we havent got a player on the highest wages in the division in our reserves either.
                          Its Christmas and a time for agreeing not arguing.
                          1) We are in debt, we are skint, and it has everything to do with FFP.
                          2) What does that say about how the club is still being run?
                          3) Pretty much the most sensible thing you've posted.

Comment

Faurlin was solid last season alongside Mass, Sandro and just about anyone you put him with. He can really form a good trio with Luongo and Ariel/Hall in that you have the composure and passing range of faurlin, the ball winning of ariel/hall and the all round movement and ball winning ability of Luongo. What's more likely though is doughty being brought back.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yes let's play Faurlin and Mass in the middle the combined speed of a snail going backwards

People really got short memories! last season Faurlin good on the ball got trampled all over going back towards his goal with attacking midfielders of opposition not sprinting pasting him but jogging

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Yes let's play Faurlin and Mass in the middle the combined speed of a snail going backwards

People really got short memories! last season Faurlin good on the ball got trampled all over going back towards his goal with attacking midfielders of opposition not sprinting pasting him but jogging
                                Hold up, you can't actually be saying Luongo is slow. I've seen the guy catch up to wingers regularly when making a challenge and timing it perfectly. And this is why you'd play the trio of Luongo, Faurlin and Ariel
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X