2016 Celebrity Deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Celebrity Deaths

I haven't really been affected much by all the celebrity deaths until today when Rick Parfitt died. Big part of my childhood going to see Status Quo every single Christmas time at Wembley arena. They were great live and whilst didn't always play best songs (became commercialized and a parody a bit, rather like later aerosmith). Strange feeling. Also if Carrie Fisher dies whilst not my favourite Star Wars character, it is my favourite film series and watched tens of times every film (I actually got the VHS boxset from.Santa when I was 6). Anyway strange day, anyone else been affected by all these deaths this year whether famous or personal I guess?

Yeah too many great celebrities have died this year. Alan rickman's death sadened me the most coz i grew up in the era of harry potter movies

Comment

Sadly next year is likely to be the same, there are loads of celebrities who are well over 60, some over 70. They can't live forever and as we all get older we know so many of them. Think of all the pop stars, film stars, TV stars and sports men and women who peaked in the 60's, they will all be getting very old.

RIP all those that have passed away in 2016
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

60 and 70 shouldn't be old these days, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          60 and 70 shouldn't be old these days, I hope.
          No not really JMel, but several of the celebs who died were in that age bracket
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

All started for me when Lemmy died seemed to start the whole thing even though it was end of 2015 he died. Lost my best mate of 46 years and fellow Rs fan to cancer to in July, our last game together was Bristol City. He was just 51 so 2016 has been crap for me ! Took his boy to the Norwich game our last win ! Roll on 2017.

Comment

I think the drug & alcohol abuse didn't help many of them who passed in their 60's & 70s.
              But saying that, Ozzie & The Stones seem to be doing OK.

One that shocked me recently was Alan Thicke whilst playing hockey with his son. But there again if you knew his wife, you may understand why

Nano; RE: Star Wars - My office is the other-side of the wall of the auditorium that is currently playing Rogue One, I feel like I have seen the movie 5 times a day everyday since the advance release
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                I think the drug & alcohol abuse didn't help many of them who passed in their 60's & 70s.
                But saying that, Ozzie & The Stones seem to be doing OK.

One that shocked me recently was Alan Thicke whilst playing hockey with his son. But there again if you knew his wife, you may understand why

Nano; RE: Star Wars - My office is the other-side of the wall of the auditorium that is currently playing Rogue One, I feel like I have seen the movie 5 times a day everyday since the advance release
                I'm a Total Star Wars Geek!!
                Making some graphics after Xmas for a bloke that makes custom made Storm trooper helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                  I'm a Total Star Wars Geek!!
                  Making some graphics after Xmas for a bloke that makes custom made Storm trooper helmets.
                  Are the cinemas over there selling the limited edition 3D Stormtroopers glasses?
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

3D Glasses.jpg
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

sweetie pie strikes back.jpg

Last years glasses
                      Apologies for the size & quality of the images, but I'm stuck at work & don't have any photo software to hand to reduce.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your best mate Kit. Hope next year is a better one.

Good to see all the star wars fans on here. Not seen Rogue One yet, was gonna take son but he is against going out anywhere near christmas (had to prise him thru door to make qpr around christmas last year). Those glasses are really cool Fraggy, we had a cup offer and some postcards, I believe glasses were in Certain cinemas but we didnt visit those as wasnt anywhere near us.

Agree with a few on here that whilst 60-70 isnt old, the reckless abuse on your body takes it toll. Bowie, Parfitt and Lemmy all used drugs and drank a lot. (I know Bowie's was cancer but lifestyle factors certainly dont help).

Comment

used to know a fella that came to LR he sat in the east paddock , rick parfitt was his hero he'll be choked

Comment

well ... we've just lost george michael as well.

man this year has sucked, RIP george and what a terrible day for his family

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              well ... we've just lost george michael as well.

man this year has sucked, RIP george and what a terrible day for his family
                              ####ing hell. What? God, no. That's really shocking. Wow I understand it is the generation but George Michael is certainly on the too young side. Understand he didn't treat his body well but wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X