Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post
    He'll be expensive. Nugent is more realistic
    He isn't expensive but should be seen as a investment by a club who want Prem football a new 40,000 seat stadium and state of the art training Facilities!!

QPR do need to be more prudent in their transfer dealings and I don't want to see us chuck stupid money around on everyone again but strikers come at a premium and are hard to come by! 8-10 mill is the going rate for quality in the championship nowadays and we need to join the party again!

Nugent would be a good signing but it's short term and in 18 months 2 years time we'll be looking at another striker! In Rhodes we would have the chance to properly replace Charlie and then concentrate on building the rest of the squad!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      He isn't expensive but should be seen as a investment by a club who want Prem football a new 40,000 seat stadium and state of the art training Facilities!!

QPR do need to be more prudent in their transfer dealings and I don't want to see us chuck stupid money around on everyone again but strikers come at a premium and are hard to come by! 8-10 mill is the going rate for quality in the championship nowadays and we need to join the party again!

Nugent would be a good signing but it's short term and in 18 months 2 years time we'll be looking at another striker! In Rhodes we would have the chance to properly replace Charlie and then concentrate on building the rest of the squad!
      As we know sod all about the clubs transfer budget, apart from it's less than before, we could safely assume that 8-10m would be the majority, or well over it.

Though Rhodes has scored at this level there is no guarantee he will at QPR, whatsoever. There is well over a brilliant starting 11 on paper over the last 5 years that can attest to being great players, but have flopped here.

My point is, even assuming we can afford Rhodes, we should not be blowing that much on him. There is a team to build and get playing, and one guy won't fix the entire team.

That said, ambition is very important, and finding another Charlie is vital if we ever hope to challenge. That player will come from around or below us however, or a bargain Premier League youth that has slipped under the radar.

Comment

Are you for real brentford found andre gray who sold for 12 million cost three hundred thousand now they have hogan selling for 15 million
        if brentford can find these gems why cant rangers its all down to ferdinand who should be sacked ollie is better in the transfer market so look out for some brilliant ollie imports
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          Are you for real brentford found andre gray who sold for 12 million cost three hundred thousand now they have hogan selling for 15 million
          if brentford can find these gems why cant rangers its all down to ferdinand who should be sacked ollie is better in the transfer market so look out for some brilliant ollie imports
          It would be nice if we could find a gem Ted but there's no guarantees and right now we need a goal scorer! I just think it's the one position we should splash the cash and really invest!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Club should just go all out and get him! Proven at this level and a good age as turning 27 in Feb! He would be a 4/5 year investment!

Boro want between 8-10 mill and he'll cost a fair bit In wages but he should be our one exception! Having a goal scorer at this level transforms teams and he has the ability this year to do that to us over night!

If we have ambitions to go up then surely Rhodes should be a genuinely viable option we are looking at and at 8 -10 mill pretty good value!
            So you want to buy Rhodes for £10m on at least £40k a week over a 4 year deal? Where have you been for two years?

You're right in everything you say but this should have been a signing under Redknapp when we came down and used our heads by building a quality Championship side that would win promotion and if relegation followed would have the ability to bounce straight back up. Exactly like Burnley have done, they come down and signed Gray, Tarkowski, Lowton, Barton etc all very good Championship players that will get them promoted for the next few years if they come down.

People need to wake up, we're a bigger circus now than ever before. We've gone from one extreme to the other and have absolutely no vision for what we're doing. Up until August it was buy players 'not quite ready' as Ferdinand put it but then sacking managers for not getting promoted. We'll what is expected when we're signing players who aren't quite ready and from less quality leagues?

Now we're changing our approach again because surprise surprise the approach of buying players not quite ready has ended up in a relegation battle. They do realise this is the most competitive league in Europe right?

Absolute clowns running the show, that's the problem. Cutting costs while expecting promotion, while others are spending £40m....

We ain't going anywhere but down under this hierarchy, actually tbf, that's been the case since they day they walked in. At least we have a new training ground and stadium though, oh.....

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
              We had Sterling!

Comment

No chance we'll be dropping anything like 8m quid on a player this window. I'd expect a loan signing is more likely!

Comment

Well if not Rhodes maybe the club should gamble on that Grimsby striker!

The clubs a right mess! Just feels like TF and the board aren't fussed anymore. OOC seems further away than ever and looks like TF's trie colours coming out now!
                  Our transfer strategy is just wrong and not investing on a proven striker is just criminal! Austin to Washington & polter is just laughable!

Comment

As much as I rate Rhodes he's goal scoring tallies have been in decline since 12/13. Banged in 26 in 12/13, then 25 the next, 21 after that and last season 16. Obviously 16 is still a fair effort but such a decline sort of hints that teams have either figured him out or he has just lost his way slightly. Clearly a solid striker and 8mil really isn't that much considering the market I'd just prefer someone else who's a bit younger with greater sell on value. It'd be great if we could find a few gems like Brentford did. Also I reckon we have enough to stay up so I think we should just hold our cash and spend it in the summer.

Comment

Unless we go back to paying silly wages then players like Jordan Rhodes are not going to come.

Simple

Comment

One of the most over valued and over rated strikers of recent years.

Decent enough player, but at that sort of price it's not even worth thinking about. As I predicted before, he has failed to get a regular starting spot even at Middlesborough. If he were anything special, he'd have been prised away from Blackburn long before he was.

Comment

Working...
                        X