Why no fixture list tomorrow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no fixture list tomorrow??

From memory always played on Saturday when Christmas falls on Sunday. Festive fixtures seem bit light this year to me

Possibly because of transport problems. I think all trains (which run), and tfl stop early this evening. I assume it is the same in other places in the country.

Comment

Trains are running tomorrow. It's a Saturday Xmas eve

Comment

Sky said no.......

Comment

From National Rail
          Train services will therefore need to finish earlier than normal on Christmas Eve, to achieve this network shut down. Some of the services finish at 1700. Also TFL advise you to be on a tube no later than 2200 and there are no night buses.

Comment

Not sure its anything to do with trains when have they ever worried about fans travel when it come to fixtures. Trains always rubbish at Christmas and usually there is footie on the sat if not Christmas day.

77 probably spot on Sky veto.

Playing in Scotland

Comment

Not certain but dont think you ever got football on christmas eve westy mate.
              Always boxing day but not eve.

Comment

Yeah he is thinking boxing day kev
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Not certain but dont think you ever got football on christmas eve westy mate.
                  Always boxing day but not eve.
                  Yeah agree. Think certainly for premiership normally weekend games followed by a Monday night then the Xmas break with fixtures resuming Boxing Day.
                  So this year we've had the Liverpool Derby on Monday but Saturday fixtures then fall away due to Christmas Eve ...Sunday's Christmas and Boxing Day fixtures resume on Monday. It's just how the days fall that fixtures look less as this year the gaps a full week and more if you're not Liverpool or Everton. The championship probably follows a similar path without the MNF.

Comment

Most fans are just missing a few beers and a laugh and getting half cut with fellow rs. Not for footballing reasons that's for sure.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Sky said no.......
                      Most likely this
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                      X