Something Positive about QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Positive about QPR

I found this very interesting and helped to cheer me up especially around the holiday season.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...e-about-qpr/#9

Great read... glad to see the club going the extra mile and in the end growing grass root support.

Comment

That was a fantastic read, my young lad Charlie was embarrassed to wear the Rangers top .kids feel they have to follow the masses but it takes courage to go against the grain. He's 12 now and understands that to be a ranger one must earn the honour! Supporting Rangers from an early age gives a kid a life skill , Only a matter of time until just for men release the new range for 10-15 year olds.
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Fantastic write up.

Comment

Great article and its refreshing to know that as a small club we're able to provide life long memories to kids! Something that we can be proud.

I know how the kid feels regarding wearing the shirt too ... i only started supporting qpr when i was 11 mainly because we're london based and i liked the name but people still took the p*ss and said qpr stood for queer power rangers

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Great article and its refreshing to know that as a small club we're able to provide life long memories to kids! Something that we can be proud.

I know how the kid feels regarding wearing the shirt too ... i only started supporting qpr when i was 11 mainly because we're london based and i liked the name but people still took the p*ss and said qpr stood for queer power rangers
            Quarter-Pounder Rubbish was the one thrown at me

Comment

Great story that and yes, it does help the kids to associate with the Club. My son's first game was a pre-season friendly against Fulham - Lee Cook's first for them and the lad already knew Cookie was a bit of a modern day hero. The crowd wasn't massive but the reception Lee got was quality and it helped that we beat the Fools. After that the boy was hooked but then came the pre-season family day where he got to meet the players - Magilton was manager at the time and he and the players were great. Autographs, photographs and all sorts of silly little give aways - he still remembers it now and it lives on along with his passion for our Club. He's a teenager now so doesn't get the kids Christmas and Birthday cards but that was always a nice touch but we go home and away week after week and he bleeds blue and white now in the same way as me and the previous generations. COYR's
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
              X