Our goalscorers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our goalscorers

Looking at the list of our goalscorers, there's Sylla, Chery and Polter with four goals each. Then there is Sandro with three and you all know the rest. My point is that this list has been frozen out and its been the same for weeks now. To add insult to our strikers, the last goal scored in the last five games came from Lynch, which for him was the first goal for the club. My God, do we need a striker!

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Looking at the list of our goalscorers, there's Sylla, Chery and Polter with four goals each. Then there is Sandro with three and you all know the rest. My point is that this list has been frozen out and its been the same for weeks now. To add insult to our strikers, the last goal scored in the last five games came from Lynch, which for him was the first goal for the club. My God, do we need a striker!
    Sorry Martin I'm going to say it again getting a striker isn't the complete answer he's got to have a service which has been lacking all season

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Sorry Martin I'm going to say it again getting a striker isn't the complete answer he's got to have a service which has been lacking all season
      You may have a point, however, in some games we had 15 or more chances and none taken. A good scorer will certainly take at least one.

Comment

I think you are both right. Some strikers need a creative player to help, some can do it by themselves. Yet ours are so low on confidence that they are neither.

Comment

Doesn't help when the numpty in charge keeps playing one up front and only one or even no wingers.

Washington was having to go wide just to get the ball on Sunday and then there was obviously no one in the box to receive it.

We most definitely do need a DECENT striker, or even two, but we also need players to be consistently putting balls into the box for them to feed off.

Comment

What strikers???? they don't strike too often, the RMT and ASSLEF strike more than them !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this is the poorest bunch i've seen up front in over a 40 stretch, and i've seen some right donkeys

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                this is the poorest bunch i've seen up front in over a 40 stretch, and i've seen some right donkeys
                You pay peanuts....

Comment

I think Sylla will score goals with a run in the team. Polter isn't good enough in my view and can't really see any of the others chipping in

Comment

Sylla and Washington upfront together could work...have we tried this yet?
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

They ain't a good strikeforce. Charlie Austin woud've been in double figures by now, barring injuries. Washington is a younger Mackie and Polter and Sylla can't create scoring opportunities, they need a ball to be served up to them.

Comment

Washington has had his time , same as polter headless chickens. From charlie to these two? Maybe one day we're hold onto our best players and every match would be a sellout but that's the Rangers way . Always has been
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

People can say no service for a forward but a good forward finishes the half chances. Our forwards are pony ,not one kin shot on target v villa! Useless lazy kannts
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

They get chances, I sit right behind the goal and a lot of the time, our players have good opportunities to shoot and they dont as they just dont have the instinct so delay the shot hopeful something better comes and it usually fizzles out.

Comment

I am with 72 this lot are as bad as we have ever had collectively. Polter being the direct replacement for Austin shows you where we are as a club.

Comment

Working...
                              X