Furlong and Doughty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
    Have you seen Karl Ready play right back. I have!
    Pretty sure Bob Malcolm played a couple of games at right back for us. And what about John Curtis? He was god awful too!

Always a dangerous game sounding someone out as the worst in any position to have played for us. We've had so many sh*tters over the years that somebody is always bound to think of someone worse!

Comment

Ok, one of the worst and just my opinion. I think he is very poor in positioning himself and think that is something you can't be learned to do properly. Bolasie said he targeted Furlong because had heard how poor he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Ok, one of the worst and just my opinion. I think he is very poor in positioning himself and think that is something you can't be learned to do properly. Bolasie said he targeted Furlong because had heard how poor he was.
        You have to remember that was Furlongs first ever season in PRO football. He hadn't even been out on loan yet! Bolasie one of the top wingers in prem. Got wrecked vs Arsenal by world class Ozil and Sanchez but thats to be expected surely?
        Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 21-12-2016, 10:25 PM.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Sure. Played first team football too early and perhaps that's why he played like a coward: tried to avoid Bolasie and left him far too much space.
          Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 21-12-2016, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Jet?

Trust us to ignore the one we actually could use.

Comment

Sure. Played first team football too early and perhaps that's why he played like a coward: tried to avoid Bolasie and left him far too much space.
              Harsh that mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Harsh that mate!
                That's how I saw it. Maybe I was wrong.

Comment

Out of his depth mate for sure. The guy was never ready to be dropped in there like that against world class opposition. Certainly doesn't make him a coward, anything but in my opinion!

Comment

The boy Furlong is improving fast. Defenders need time. I would 100% look at him again. I remember when some people thought Danny Simpson wasn't all that......

Comment

Perhaps it tells something that he played Premier League football two years ago but has played only League One since? But it might be interesting to have another look at him this season. He's still only 21.

Comment

Perhaps it tells something that he played Premier League football two years ago but has played only League One since? But it might be interesting to have another look at him this season. He's still only 21.
                        Point is he should never have been playing Premier League football 2 years ago. Hadn't even been out on loan. Fully expect him to be a different player when he turns out next for us. Let's face it, couldn't be any worse than Perch could he?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Point is he should never have been playing Premier League football 2 years ago. Hadn't even been out on loan. Fully expect him to be a different player when he turns out next for us. Let's face it, couldn't be any worse than Perch could he?!!
                          Exactly! Look at Harry Kane and so many other players who have had to go on loan before really producing the goods. Went to Millwall, Orient and Leicester and didnt set the world on fire for any of them but back and now top quality premiership striker.

Comment

them 2 back and clint,3 new signings. tight ####kkkkkkkkkers
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

olly will find his best eleven sometime in april

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                                Furlong is a great RB just needs games. Doughty started well last season and then never got another chance but seems to be playing well now. Could easily be a future where Furlong and Niko are our wing backs.
                                Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X