Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance

Does anybody know the financial situation at the club because all i keep hearing is no money

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Does anybody know the financial situation at the club because all i keep hearing is no money
    Time to get the buckets out?!! Ha ha

Probably not to be honest but everything I ever hear is ambiguous. Has the debt been written off, or simply transferred to the shareholders? If it has just been shifted to the shareholders then it is basically situation normal. Every owner of the club since Chris Wright has been doing that in one way or another.

The description of the most recent "write off" is that 180m quid was "converted to equity". Now the very description itself is confusing as even the most generous valuation of the club would struggle to justify 180m worth of equity. So what exactly does this all mean? I suspect what has basically happened is the clubs owners have cleared the debt and been given shares back in return. If so they have massively overpaid for each share and will be stung hard whenever they liquidate their shares (i.e. when the club is sold).

If the above is accurate it is actually tremendous gesture by the board!

Comment

How many thousands were spent on the new doors to the VIP entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Yeah... not a pot to ####ssss in.

When the going gets tough, Uncle T can't seem to find his wallet

Comment

I am sure there is money available but we have to be careful due to FFP rules.

Comment

If we haven't got any money to spend would you be happy to let any or all of our players that ### has bought in go if we could get our money back to reinvest , apart from Smithies , Hall , and Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              I am sure there is money available but we have to be careful due to FFP rules.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                If we haven't got any money to spend would you be happy to let any or all of our players that ### has bought in go if we could get our money back to reinvest , apart from Smithies , Hall , and Lynch
                Get rid of the DOF that'll save some money, not needed ,and not doing good job?

Comment

Working...
                X