January Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Window

If Sir Les only signs players from Div 1 league in the January window we are finished.

He has to sign some proper quality professionals for us to stay up its stick or twist time.

If he does not do this I fear we will be relegated and he needs to get the fluck out of the club.

Another poor misjudged desicion and its curtains for him from me . He will hav to leave.

I don't think ### should get anywhere near any Jan signings other than ok , let Ollie choose his own man / men

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      I don't think ### should get anywhere near any Jan signings other than ok , let Ollie choose his own man / men
      Neither of them hold the purse strings.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
        If Sir Les only signs players from Div 1 league in the January window we are finished.

He has to sign some proper quality professionals for us to stay up its stick or twist time.

If he does not do this I fear we will be relegated and he needs to get the fluck out of the club.

Another poor misjudged desicion and its curtains for him from me . He will hav to leave.
        Couldn't make it up. The club was buying seasoned professionals (even some champions league winners). When that didn't work out everyone was crying out for young players from lower leagues, now that hasn't worked out you want to go back to the original plan?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
          Couldn't make it up. The club was buying seasoned professionals (even some champions league winners). When that didn't work out everyone was crying out for young players from lower leagues, now that hasn't worked out you want to go back to the original plan?
          I give you: QPR fans
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
            Not really Rob. Think most sensible fans just want something inbetween - a healthy compromise. Not going from one extreme to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Not really Rob. Think most sensible fans just want something inbetween - a healthy compromise. Not going from one extreme to the other.
              This, we want a mix of both and then bingo. 2/3rd youngsters/lower league and 1/3rd experience, it's the blend that worked for years and years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                This, we want a mix of both and then bingo. 2/3rd youngsters/lower league and 1/3rd experience, it's the blend that worked for years and years.
                Or decent young players from the Championship as opposed to decent young players from League 1.

We don't need to go from one extreme to another. There is a massive inbetween.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  I was about to say the same.

Some people are always talking about our fans being spoilt and impatient. I totally disagree. In my eyes most fans would just like to see us run sensibly for once. With the exception of the last 12 months of Flavio & Bernie's ownership, I actually can't remember the last time I felt the correct decisions were being made consistently. And lets be honest, the only reason those 12 months were good were because Amit and Warnock were calling the shots.

For me, I really don't care whether we get back to the Premier League or just consolidate in the Championship. I'd just like to see the club run properly. I'd like to see common sense decisions prevailing with boardroom decisions. I'd also like to see a squad of players that want to play for the club and are good enough to be competitive in whatever league we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    I was about to say the same.

Some people are always talking about our fans being spoilt and impatient. I totally disagree. In my eyes most fans would just like to see us run sensibly for once. With the exception of the last 12 months of Flavio & Bernie's ownership, I actually can't remember the last time I felt the correct decisions were being made consistently. And lets be honest, the only reason those 12 months were good were because Amit and Warnock were calling the shots.

For me, I really don't care whether we get back to the Premier League or just consolidate in the Championship. I'd just like to see the club run properly. I'd like to see common sense decisions prevailing with boardroom decisions. I'd also like to see a squad of players that want to play for the club and are good enough to be competitive in whatever league we are in.
                    Sounds like exactly what we had a month or so back under JFH. (Then 99% of those patient R's done for him)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Sounds like exactly what we had a month or so back under JFH. (Then 99% of those patient R's done for him)
                      Do you really believe that mate?

I'm still undecided on JFH. The bungs scandal was embarrassing and I felt the guy probably took way to long to make pretty obvious changes. But clearly he did have a patient style and with hindsight, was probably smart enough to see deficiencies in the squad that most of us fans didn't think were there.

But a well run club it certainly wasn't. A manager without the ability to sign the players he would like to, a DOF with no experience in that type of role, who also (if you believe what you hear), wasn't able to sign the players that he wanted.

Compare that to 4 years back where we were throwing money at any player with a decent story who was put under our noses.

What we actually needed was the same investment that has been made over the last 5 years but used sensibly. Think where we could have been with 50m a year over 5 seasons used sensibly to improve our squad with decent young players who had been properly scouted by capable staff?!!

Instead with spunked a fortune on poorly scouted players pushed hard to us by greedy agents. Most of which ended up leaving for nothing having received a nice chunk from us in salary and sign-on fees.

Now we are left in a situation where the board have had their fingers burnt and want to rely on cheap players from the lower leagues. Really not my idea of a well run club mate!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 21-12-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

What did for JFH was the Brentford game totally outplayed and outclassed by a club that cost a fraction of what we've played out over the last 2 years was it his fault ? not imo
                        He was a scapegoat for the inability of our D O F ,
                        A man that was a top striker ! Yet he saw fit to spend on 3 inadequate forwards should he have been able to recognise their inability ?
                        Well if that's not the case then
                        This ex top striker saw fit to spend money on a mid field that can't spot his strikers making a run or hit a ball for his strikers to run on to or just plain can't service their forwards either way our buying policy is just not up to scratch ie too many young players or lower league players in too short a time

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Do you really believe that mate?

I'm still undecided on JFH. The bungs scandal was embarrassing and I felt the guy probably took way to long to make pretty obvious changes. But clearly he did have a patient style and with hindsight, was probably smart enough to see deficiencies in the squad that most of us fans didn't think were there.

But a well run club it certainly wasn't. A manager without the ability to sign the players he would like to, a DOF with no experience in that type of role, who also (if you believe what you hear), wasn't able to sign the players that he wanted.

Compare that to 4 years back where we were throwing money at any player with a decent story who was put under our noses.

What we actually needed was the same investment that has been made over the last 5 years but used sensibly. Think where we could have been with 50m a year over 5 season used sensibly to improve our squad with decent young players who had been properly scouted by capable staff?!!

Instead with spunked a fortune on poorly scouted players pushed hard to us by greedy agents. Most of which ended up leaving for nothing having received a nice chunk from us in salary and sign-on fees.

Now we are left in a situation where the board have had their fingers burnt and want to rely on cheap players from the lower leagues. Really not my idea of a well run club mate!
                          We do seem incapable of making any right decision or at least since Warnock left (the first time). The only period of genuine success in recent time has been when the Mittals ran the club after Briatore had gone for four managers per season. They hired Warnock, ran the club calmly and quietly and let him make sensible buying decisions. Since then its just been a madhouse and veered now from spending hundreds of millions on rubbish to spending nothing on rubbish. You have to look to the top. The club has just been appallingly run every since Tony appeared. He's what Mark Goldberg was to Palace, a guy with a lot of money (at the start!), his heart in the right place, but ultimately a total disaster for the club.

Comment

JFH had one transfer window and one window that was severley constricted by FFP regulations.
                            We were always flirting to within one or two wins away from the play offs to the premiership and even under those constrictions.
                            Patient Rangers fans always moan about the debt and how worse we are after spending and are going into division 3 after the manager who was never nowhere near the bottom was hounded out......now they want more debt to keep us up with a new manager cos they were not seeing the sillky attacking style of play this huge club is world famous for.

Patient Rangers fans....My Arris . Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              JFH had one transfer window and one window that was severley constricted by FFP regulations.
                              We were always flirting to within one or two wins away from the play offs to the premiership and even under those constrictions.
                              Patient Rangers fans always moan about the debt and how worse we are gping into division 3 after the manager who was never nowhere near the bottom was hounded out......now they want more debt to keep us up with a new manager cos they were not seeing the sillky attacking style of play this huge club is world famous for.

Patient Rangers fans....My Arris . Ha ha.
                              Ok, so some of the fans are impatient. But can you honestly say what was being served up under JFH was acceptable? losing 6-0 at home to Newcastle, then losing at home to Brentford......and we didn't even give them a game, just rolled over.

Now as I said, I don't think the buck necessarily stops with JFH. Clearly he didn't have the squad he wanted and was doing the best he could with what he had. But does that mean the fans are any less entitled to be disappointed?

I am constantly disappointed by this club. Paradoxically, I also can't fault the effort and ambition of anyone on the board or in the dugout over the last few years......on the whole they were/are just incompetent. It's not malicious, they just aren't capable of running a club.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 21-12-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X