Better for youngsters than.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better for youngsters than.....

Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs according to our wonderful DOF who has spoken again!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3424406.html

Goes on to say we can only afford youngsters and not experienced players presently. Doesn't look good for the transfer window.

Doesn't appear to good for fully grown professionals or seasoned managers it seems....

Comment

I fear for the whole future of the club. We had ambition under the last ownership however crazy it was. But now?

Comment

There's pro's and con's to what he's saying.
        It's great that youngsters are getting the chance, unfortunately it sounds like for some of them it will be out of necessity and not necessarily because they are ready, due to the lack of funds available.
        I'm not sure what the financial hit would be if we went down but the club really needs to spend a bit in January otherwise it could cost them dearly.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

All for youngsters getting chances but talk about going from one extreme to another! And what a joke having owners who are minted and yet they want to build a new stadium but run the footballing side on peanuts!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            All for youngsters getting chances but talk about going from one extreme to another! And what a joke having owners who are minted and yet they want to build a new stadium but run the footballing side on peanuts!

Exactly this mate. How can we go from spunking fortunes on signings and wages to offering peanuts?

The off field and on field strategy just don't match up. I just don't get why we can't have a balanced approach.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Goes on to say we can only afford youngsters and not experienced players presently. Doesn't look good for the transfer window.
              By

Couldn't be bothered to read past the fist few lines of that crap it's not as though the kids have lot to get past with the dross he's brought to the club is it ??
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 20-12-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

This is a wind up surely..........have they hit the self destruct button

Comment

Makes sense to me

Comment

Fark me the old Jamaican Woodbine's must selling well round the bush if he thinks we will swallow this shlt

Comment

Stating the obvious DOF ! Of course they have more chance as we have less options ! The worry is that we are desperate for leaders on the pitch (& off if truth be told..) and think bringing in some loans with experience in January could be useful in a relegation fight. Not sure we can expect youth to help at this stage.

Comment

Trying to dress it up me thinks, self preservation from the DOF to make it look like he's doing a descent job, and hide the failing of his buys and 3 bad managerial appointments, really needs to be gone as he looked at some of the results off our lesser sides?

Comment

It really is one extreme to the other. When we were asking for less experience and mercenaries a few years ago - we weren't asking for a total direction change, only wanting young players. We wanted a happy medium and blend.

Why is there no happy medium with this ownership?

Comment

I've been fairly pro Les, Tony etc up to now but I'm seriously questioning their game plan, or indeed if they have a viable one.
                            A lot of their decisions seem to be reactionary instead of proactive.
                            This don't work so we'll try that, that ain't worked so let's try this.
                            Yes Tony spent a fortune on players, wages, agents etc and to be fair, most of us fans were loving it, that is until a lot of those players turned out to be mercenaries. It could have gone the other way and been a success but unfortunately it didn't.
                            The last thing you should then do is lurch in completely the opposite direction to the point where you put the club at risk again, albeit for different reasons.
                            Some of our players are sh!te, but I'd say there's enough about the rest of them that would see us finish mid table, as long as we strengthen a couple of positions.
                            Young players should be eased into the team gradually. The key element to their game is confidence and if they are chucked in at the deep end because the club doesn't have any other options that's not helping them. It's nothing short of an insult to our intelligence that Les is trying to kid us into thinking young players are better off here than somewhere like spurs.
                            Any one with an ounce of sense can see where our deficiencies are on the pitch at present.
                            The transfer window opens soon Tony. We have the opportunity to strengthen slightly and get us out of what looks to be a relegation scrap waiting to happen. Don't blow it.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Personally see that article as an advert to young players to join QPR because they've got a very good chance of progressing to the first team in comparison to bigger London clubs......good PR by LF IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X