Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Precisely.

Agree Villa's squad stronger but I am looking at last six games and some of the opposition was riss poor.

We don't play to our strengths and look clueless upfront and don't move the ball around well. We look clueless.

The first 30mins or so we was moving the ball around well, & some nice movement off the ball supporting each other, felt it was like the old rangers, but then dipped after that initial start!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

The real difference is Steve Bruce, everyone will have known their job.

Even with no new players at all from now to the end of term, I'd have a very decent bet that we'd stay up with Bruce at the crease. He's his own man and would never have come here: Les. Forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
        Villa's keeper was winding me up big time.
        Yep, me too. Bloke was an absolute spanner.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I don't think Villa are that great but they were well organised defensively yesterday from midfield to defence.
          If we'd got the ball out wide and tried to stretch the game, we might've asked their full backs a few questions going the other way. As it was, they had their wings to themselves, and knew they could bomb forward because we never looked like exploiting the space. As for the CB's - both decent in the air, and were never worried on the ground. We just didn't do enough to trouble them.

Comment

I thought we did attack them down the wings, they were just well organised i thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              I thought we did attack them down the wings, they were just well organised i thought!
              Never saw that myself. Who specifically actually tried to take their full backs on down the outside?

Comment

Saw the pole a few times aswell as washington and even bidwell once or twice but just wasnt happening

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                  I don't think there's a better full back pairing than Hutton and Amarvi in the championship
                  This. Old school. Hutton was magisterial.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Its funny what people see isn't it , we did attack them out wide the polish winger playing on both sides ,and as I said earlier these two full backs will not allow wingers in behind , watch Hutton he never gets done for pace even if he's out of position, when young Shodipo came on he couldn't get the better of Amarvi even though I would have liked to have seen him on for longer , like what I have seen of the young man hope he gets more game time

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      There is struggling and there is struggling.

We shouldn't be this bad. Yes we have weak areas in the squad but in theory some strong areas too. Five defeats in a row unacceptable, particularly with new manager. A new manager often galvanises team for a team. This has had opposite effect.
                      Agree this squad is not as bad as is being made out JFH may not have excited but he never came close to losing 5 on the spin. Wrong appointment and that is not a slight on Olly, seems to me they thought they would get Clement or Rowett but they turned the approach down.

Comment

In his first 10 games JFH got 6 points (all draws). It wasn't until his 11th game he got his first win. This was with what I believe was a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          In his first 10 games JFH got 6 points (all draws). It wasn't until his 11th game he got his first win. This was with what I believe was a better team.
                          In point of fact, he got 10 points from his first 10 games, including one win, and only two losses:

12 December 2015 20 Queens Park Rangers 0−0 Burnley [show]Shepherd's Bush
                          15 December 2015 21 Queens Park Rangers 2−2 Brighton & Hove Albion [show]Shepherd's Bush
                          19 December 2015 22 Bristol City 1−1 Queens Park Rangers [show]Bristol
                          26 December 2015 23 Ipswich Town 2−1 Queens Park Rangers [show]Ipswich
                          28 December 2015 24 Queens Park Rangers 1−1 Huddersfield Town [show]Shepherd's Bush
                          1 January 2016 25 Queens Park Rangers 1−2 Hull City [show]Shepherd's Bush
                          12 January 2016 26 Blackburn Rovers 1−1 Queens Park Rangers [show]Blackburn
                          16 January 2016 27 Rotherham United 0−3 Queens Park Rangers [show]Rotherham
                          23 January 2016 28 Queens Park Rangers 1–1 Wolverhampton Wanderers [show]Shepherd's Bush
                          26 January 2016 29 Nottingham Forest 0–0 Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Sorry my bad. I probably should have said 6 matches, 3 points and Austin scored 2 in one of those matches, Hoilett 2, Poulter 2 and Fer 1.

Comment

Sorry my bad. I probably should have said 6 matches, 3 points and Austin scored 2 in one of those matches, Hoilett 2, Poulter 2 and Fer 1.
                              No worries jmel, but it was 6 matches, 4 points! Point taken about the players.

Comment

Now theres a fact to put in a pipe to smoke hey lol 73 care to comment on that little forgotten fact melanies dug up?! Ollies 3 so far so should atleast be close come 10 games

Comment

Working...
                                X