QPR -v- Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR -v- Villa

Two teams both with relatively new managers and car crash last few years in desperate need of some stability.

Two appointments and two very different outcomes.

For me Steve Bruce has consistently shown over the years he is a very good upper Championship and lower Premiership manager. He has come in and organised the team and been a reassuring presence which in itself breeds confidence. Outcome is significant improvement on the pitch.

Ollie a great character but been out of the game a while and very up and down career. Completely wrong appointment particularly with the current dynamics at the club. We needed someone of Bruce's kind of background and overall success rate. Outcome is one narrow win over 10 men followed by 5 successive defeats and the team has no zip and are toothless despite possessing three or four supposedly wonderful strikers and any number of gifted number 10s to open up the opposition.

Hope it somehow works out but cannot fathom this appointment other than some naïve attempt by the club to placate the fans by bringing in a club legend.

Agree with that. The only managers i would of sacked our #drossball gauranted mid table manager for in mid season wohld of been Bruce or Allardyce.

Comment

Yeah I understand that to a degree but you can't compare the two squads , Bruce would struggle with this squad as as well, be interesting to see if any money is made available in Jan to Holloway or not.

Comment

There is struggling and there is struggling.

We shouldn't be this bad. Yes we have weak areas in the squad but in theory some strong areas too. Five defeats in a row unacceptable, particularly with new manager. A new manager often galvanises team for a team. This has had opposite effect.

Comment

You can't compare the two squads in my view , what could villa bring on to change the game especially in the final third of the pitch compared to what we have at the moment is night and day , and I think up to that final third area we looked OK ( not brilliant) nowhere near as bad as some make out , we need more creativity in that final third

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            You can't compare the two squads in my view , what could villa bring on to change the game especially in the final third of the pitch compared to what we have at the moment is night and day , and I think up to that final third area we looked OK ( not brilliant) nowhere near as bad as some make out , we need more creativity in that final third

I 100% agree. We lack cutting edge and the difference yesterday was Kodjia as Ince was the difference on Wednesday last week. We just don't have that special player or two who can make the difference right now in the most important part of the pitch!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

I 100% agree. We lack cutting edge and the difference yesterday was Kodjia as Ince was the difference on Wednesday last week. We just don't have that special player or two who can make the difference right now in the most important part of the pitch!
              Absolutely 100% , that's what's missing , and that's why we gave there keeper very little to do , its not because we don't attack teams more because we do we are far more open and attacking under Holloway but we lack that creative spark up front that turns all the good approach play into chances

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Villa's defending as a team was huge yesterday....absolutely shut us out of the game. Add a £12m striker to that and there really was only one outcome.

Comment

I don't think there's a better full back pairing than Hutton and Amarvi in the championship

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Villa's defending as a team was huge yesterday....absolutely shut us out of the game. Add a £12m striker to that and there really was only one outcome.
                    When your 'strategy' is to lob the ball up to a 5'8'' striker up on his own against a couple of 6 foot plus CB's, it isn't really that surprising. We can bang on all day about what a great squad Villa have (I personally thought they were average at best yesterday), but we played right into their hands from the first minute.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      I don't think there's a better full back pairing than Hutton and Amarvi in the championship
                      I'd take Dummett and Anita at Newcastle personally.

Comment

Villa's keeper was winding me up big time.

Comment

Kodija diving and moaning at the ref wound me right up. Knew he was going to score.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            When your 'strategy' is to lob the ball up to a 5'8'' striker up on his own against a couple of 6 foot plus CB's, it isn't really that surprising. We can bang on all day about what a great squad Villa have (I personally thought they were average at best yesterday), but we played right into their hands from the first minute.
                            I don't think Villa are that great but they were well organised defensively yesterday from midfield to defence.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              Precisely.

Agree Villa's squad stronger but I am looking at last six games and some of the opposition was riss poor.

We don't play to our strengths and look clueless upfront and don't move the ball around well. We look clueless.

Comment

Working...
                              X