Refuse to pay and bear the consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refuse to pay and bear the consequences

is what the FA should do IMO: https://sport.bt.com/football/fa-fin...11364122692766

Even more hypocritical coming from the corrupt and morally bankrupt FIFA.

Disgusting decision. Points deduction if we don't pay? Well and truly worth it because otherwise we would be accepting their pathetic stance and punishment
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

100% agree Stanley. One can't help but think it's an anti-British stance by Fifa. 50 years since we last hosted the World Cup being an example
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

FIFA say it's against their rules for countries to display political symbols on the their kit.

But how can the poppy be defined as a 'political symbol' when all it is doing is remembering and paying homage to the fallen soldiers who laid down their lives to give the whole world (FIFA included) the freedoms it's enjoyed and benefited from ever since?

Comment

They should ban commercial symbols from football kits and pitches. Hate all that bloody in your face advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            FIFA say it's against their rules for countries to display political symbols on the their kit.

But how can the poppy be defined as a 'political symbol' when all it is doing is remembering and paying homage to the fallen soldiers who laid down their lives to give the whole world (FIFA included) the freedoms it's enjoyed and benefited from ever since?
            Not really true though Stanley and you're slightly guessing imo
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It's a nominal £35k fine.....hardly worth getting excited about.....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Not really true though Stanley and you're slightly guessing imo
                That's the gist of it though isn't it WeAre? Please enlighten me over the finer details

Comment

Oh totally agree regarding the poppy fine, absolutely ridiculous and like you say it's v disrespectful. I was only questioning your last pt.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Oh totally agree regarding the poppy fine, absolutely ridiculous and like you say it's v disrespectful. I was only questioning your last pt.
                    I get that mate, just wasn't sure what you disagreed with on my last point? I'm open to persuasion :-)

Comment

liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        I get that mate, just wasn't sure what you disagreed with on my last point? I'm open to persuasion :-)
                        Stanley we're at different stages of life. To be a white Englishman earning a good but not spectacular wage would think very different. I am certainly not a pro Hitler because he did many awful things, but you're guessing that I am better off. I might be looked after more and own a nice big property and fluent in 2 language's. The UK is not a great country for the next generation. I have travelled to see that. Yes you can't judge via a holiday but you can see a better standard of life in these country's. No I am not proud to be english because I have been shat on for going the honest hard working route.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                          It's a nominal £35k fine.....hardly worth getting excited about.....
                          what about the millions the FA spent on trying to get the 2018 World Cup, not knowing the greedy baskets had already lined their own pockets and given it to Russia
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            what about the millions the FA spent on trying to get the 2018 World Cup, not knowing the greedy baskets had already lined their own pockets and given it to Russia
                            I know Lymes....but by trying to woo Jack Warner, we chose to bribe the wrong horse......

Comment

For me it really is putting another nail into the coffin of me giving a single sh!t about international football. As a lad a loved it, went to Wembley with the school numerous times and still remember after our lot chanting 'theirs only one Dessie Walker' him turning round and giving us a wave, the odd occasion where a QPR player got a call up like Evil Les.

Over the years that passion has died somewhat but have always watched the games on the picto-tube. However the corruption with the thankfully now departed Blatter at the helm really does make me wonder why I even bother with that. I honestly couldn't care less if England go to either Russia or Qutar, even if I ignore the fact that they bought the competitions I will refuse to look past that neither should have been awarded the competition because of institutionalized racist and homophobic views held (along with a whole heap of other reasons, including human rights violations being right at the top), where the same organization hand out fines when either are voiced in the stands.

The poppy issue just stinks of petty tw^tery to p!ss off a nation who actually bothered to speak up about the corruption.

Comment

Working...
                              X