No announcement yet.

Alex Smithies how good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and as a traditional selling club he must be sold for decent money to help balance the books.

Comment

Ingram is a promising number 2 as well, who will hopefully get a chance eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        ...and as a traditional selling club he must be sold for decent money to help balance the books.
        How much would our board sell him for though? 5 mill?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          How much would our board sell him for though? 5 mill?
          He is easily better than a few premiership keepers. I would say 7-8 minimum if a premier league club comes in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            He is easily better than a few premiership keepers. I would say 7-8 minimum if a premier league club comes in for him.
            I'd go with that. Smithies deserves a chance in the Prem, if there was that money out there for him I'd take it cos I think Ingram is a good replacement.

Comment

Keep him and get rid of Chery and Ned, Caulker, Sandro.

Comment

I have a man crush on him, I think he is an amazing goalkeeper. I feel confident when they are through on goal that he will save it. He sweeps up, he starts attacks with his throwing/kicking and he shouts/organises a lot.

He sometimes doesnt parry away from danger, but as others have said - scores would be worse if it wasnt for him and we still had Green.

Her was even MOTM when we lost 6-0!

Comment

Outstanding keeper but i reckon he should of stopped that shot at his near post yesterday. But he had already kept us in the game, so its just an observation not a criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Outstanding keeper but i reckon he should of stopped that shot at his near post yesterday. But he had already kept us in the game, so its just an observation not a criticism.
                    Yeh should've saved that one, dunno what Luongo was doing for the goal either, but Cech at Arsenal let a similar one in v Man City yesterday without too much critisism, so that's the sort of level were putting our Alex at.

Comment

He's far to good for league 1
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Best we've had since Seaman, best player at the club by some way, it's as simple as that.

Comment

his current transfer value is about ten million we should sell him because ingram is a far better keeper and another dave seaman so if we sell smithies it will make no differance to qpr
                          we are crap with or without him so sell to the biggest bidder in january,and invest money on bogle the best striker in europe

we need strikers or we are doomed washington is fireing blanks at the moment
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            Off to liverpool

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              Think about it. .
                              yeah he's seeing more action but that can work both ways, trust me..... I think he's gonna be top drawer. His basic skill set is excellent, on the deck real fast and spots space distributing.

Comment

Smithies gives you the same confidence Paddy did in 2010/2011 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X