Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
      How seriously good is Smithies. Unbelievably good in my opinion.
      Very good keeper , didn't realise how good he actually was , heard about him at Huddersfield but very talented

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Whats he worth ?
        £4 mill ?

Comment

About as much as promotion is

Comment

Average keeper made to look better by a below average side. Stand in a goal and you are bound to be hit by balls heading in that direction.

Shows how desperate we are when we big up our goalie for not letting in more goals.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Average keeper made to look better by a below average side. Stand in a goal and you are bound to be hit by balls heading in that direction.

Shows how desperate we are when we big up our goalie for not letting in more goals.
              Oh do me a favour. Some of the saves he pulled off on Thursday were fantastic. You make it sound like being a keeper is easy.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Oh do me a favour. Some of the saves he pulled off on Thursday were fantastic. You make it sound like being a keeper is easy.
                Much harder now that the ball is faster and can come at speed from any angle. With the old ball you could never head on a ball at pace and score from outside the posts from that same side corner. More long-shots now going in, football is a GK's nightmare now as fans are then saying he should have saved that.

Comment

Haha, as far as illogical statements go that's one of the best
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    Haha, as far as illogical statements go that's one of the best
                    Think about it. Any goalie will look good having the amount of saves he has to make. Some are bound to be saved as a barrier programmed to try. If Polter had the same chances he'd get a ricochet goal off his bum while jumping for a header.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Whats he worth ?
                      By the time we finished with him, he'll be worthless and we won't be able to give him away.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        I've been impressed with our keeper over 2 short periods in the last 5 seasons.
                        We've always agreed about him. One things for sure - if he stays here he's going to get plenty of opportunity to shine, defence looks about as stable as a night out with Gazza.

Comment

Guessing you were a fan of gutless Green

Comment

Think about it. Any goalie will look good having the amount of saves he has to make. Some are bound to be saved as a barrier programmed to try. If Polter had the same chances he'd get a ricochet goal off his bum while jumping for a header.

And it would be a very lucky goal indeed. How many saves have you seen Smithies make where the ball just happened to hit him. Even if there were loads, which there aren't, he's not being judged on that. It's the top drawer saves he makes week in week out. Only a really good goal keeper would make those saves time and time again.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Alex Smithies how good

Think Smithies is one of the best keepers I've ever seen at the R's in 50+years along with Parkes, Seaman, He' way above this level, and I dread to think how bad things would be without him? ( saying that we have a good replacement in Matt Ingram) he's made a couple of mistakes but far too few considering his game time the last half a dozen games teams could've ran in 4 or 5 without him, will surely be POTY even if he didn't play another game, and I'm sure there are Premiership scouts out there clocking his performances I take my hat off to you Alex

Comment

I agree Dave! The lad is pretty special and unless we pull our finger out and invest more wisely he will be another player who quickly moves on.

Genuine quality and a privilege to have at the club presently. Destined for the prem!

Comment

Working...
                                X