Alex Smithies how good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Smithies how good

How seriously good is Smithies. Unbelievably good in my opinion.

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
    How seriously good is Smithies. Unbelievably good in my opinion.
    Agree he is easily premiership quality. I think we actually have two of the top 10 keepers in the championship.

Comment

motm for us tonight , it could have been 4 or 5

Comment

Top man. And he's expected to play sweeper too. A new Clint Hill

Comment

Consistently excellent

Comment

Can't see him hanging around if we keep on like this. Deserves to have at least some form of defence in front of him.

Comment

Think we could well receive a bid in January for him. And then he will most certainly be an England player in the future

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Can't see him hanging around if we keep on like this. Deserves to have at least some form of defence in front of him.
                he has nervous ned , bet lynch , ice cool grant hall, the statue that is jack robinson

Comment

Smithies is a very good keeper one of the best we've had for a long time but lets not get carried away by no means a Nauer at fault for 2 goals recently at Forest and Ipswich 2 big mistakes, but I'm sure he will get his chance in the Prem, don't think it will be with us though

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    Smithies is a very good keeper one of the best we've had for a long time but lets not get carried away by no means a Nauer at fault for 2 goals recently at Forest and Ipswich 2 big mistakes, but I'm sure he will get his chance in the Prem, don't think it will be with us though
                    Keepers make mistakes, even Neuer. Smithies is a class act and will play Prem football next year and prob get in the England set-up as well cos he's better than Heaton IMO.

Comment

Four one on one saves last night. Wolves wouldn't have won- or even scored- if Robinson had done his job.

Comment

I've been impressed with our keeper over 2 short periods in the last 5 seasons. Cesar in the January where we played Arsenal et al, he was outstanding for that month; and Green in the play off season, right at the beginning where we were winning 1-0 non stop. But no one has had the consistency that Smithies has had. One period of 3 or 4 games this season where he's been below par, but apart from that, almost a full season worth of football that has been incredible.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Top man Smithies, cool under pressure.
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Our one quality player

Comment

Whats he worth ?

Comment

Working...
                              X