FFP, the championship and our board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    So many contradictions at the moment - those of you during the Big spending years who were saying we want our Rangers back..well this is the rangers you wanted back - a small team struggling financially ..trying to unearth diamonds but mostly finding coal. the rangers of those years would stay afloat by asset stripping as often as they could...it seems that the club are dammed if the do and dammed if they don't. TF tapped into the dewy eyed nostalgia of the fans and brought in LF to basically bring the old days back...which clearly isn't working...the early 90's old boys network is sinking the club in nostalgia...from wheeling out the past every half time to employing old fans favourites as the manager assistant manger ..club ambassador under 18 coach the list is endless...i fully expect to find Clive wilson to be serving me my balti pie at half time and Darren peacock checking my ticket!

Comment

We tried Hughes, Redknapp and failed. Completely understand why we didn't want to go that way anymore (Allardyce, Bruce).
      Also we spent millions and millions to players. Would you have given JFH a big transfer budget? I most certainly wouldn't before I had seen how he would succeed.
      I think if I was the owner I probably would have acted just like Tony has. Wait until we get a good manager and invest then. As they say you also need luck to be successful in football. So far we haven't had luck.
      Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 19-12-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Normally you sack a manger for something better or different.

We seem to sack and then look at what's available, rather than doing it the other way round.
        There's not a cat in hells chance I would give Ollie money to spend.

He should of purely been an appointment until the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          I'm sorry mate, I was an avid TF backer once upon a time, like the few that are still on here - but I just cannot defend him anymore, it's not personal because he seems like a decent enough guy as we all know.
          Exactly my thoughts too mate.

Comment

Normally you sack a manger for something better or different.

We seem to sack and then look at what's available, rather than doing it the other way round.
            There's not a cat in hells chance I would give Ollie money to spend.

He should of purely been an appointment until the end of the season.
            Absolutley! its like getting back with your ex thinking things were better than they were first time around!

a ridiculous decision based on nothing but nostalgia ..made even worse following gary rowetts sacking

Comment

Didn't we get 9 million of the shell suits for sterling too. No way we spent that on players
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

If Tony leaves this club he'll have to find someone who can bank roll us, or we'll lose our club for good this time.

Comment

Disagree. We had a sh1te team and Charlie Austin still banged them in.
                  Also, I don't see much wrong with the players McCormack has around him now at Villa? I did however, at Fulham - where he still banged 25 in a season, in a struggling side.

I would like TF to off-load us at the end of the season personally - one thing I would trust him in, is finding the right buyer.
                  If you're talking about us in the Championship, we had one of the strongest squads in the division that year. We had quality in the final third with the side that went down from the PL too - Fer, Isla, Vargas etc. Austin was a great goalscorer, but common sense should tell you that if you can't create chances, you cant put the ball in the net....and we're not creating chances.

Signing a goalscorer and putting them in this team without strengthening elsehwere would be a total waste of time right now.

What kind of service did McCormack have yesterday? Virtually none is the answer. Barely had a sniff, and that had nothing to do with our defence.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    If you're talking about us in the Championship, we had one of the strongest squads in the division that year. We had quality in the final third with the side that went down from the PL too - Fer, Isla, Vargas etc. Austin was a great goalscorer, but common sense should tell you that if you can't create chances, you cant put the ball in the net....and we're not creating chances.

Signing a goalscorer and putting them in this team without strengthening elsehwere would be a total waste of time right now.

What kind of service did McCormack have yesterday? Virtually none is the answer. Barely had a sniff, and that had nothing to do with our defence.
                    Thank you at last someone gets it!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      If Tony leaves this club he'll have to find someone who can bank roll us, or we'll lose our club for good this time.
                      There is like a billion Chinese out there.I'm sure there one whom buy us
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post

Im sorry surrey we have been creating chances apart from against villa, but for poor finishing thats let us down!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

But agree we need a new no10 as id get rid of chery, his quality and passing for a supposed no10s awful and a left footer to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Im sorry surrey we have been creating chances apart from against villa, but for poor finishing thats let us down!
                            Sorry Pinkie, but I disgaree with you on that one. I've only been to three games this season (PNE, Newcastle and Aston Villa), but I think we've had about 2 shots on target in those 3 games combined.
                            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 19-12-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Obviously not against villa and those other games are in jimmys reign, but against rotherham and derby we had 15 attempts on goal in each, just poor finishing which hopefully will change, just doesnt help the next match being away to brighton!

Comment

But agree we need a few quality players in, so hope ollie persuades the board

Comment

Working...
                                X