FFP, the championship and our board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP, the championship and our board?

Firstly, has anyone got a clue what the outcome is or was in regards to our breach of the regulations as it seems to have just gone completely quiet? Have we paid a fine yet or have we got a emabrgo on the horizon and how many years can this drag on for?

Secondly, now the rules have been made more lenient again in terms of spending, why on earth are we not competing with the so called big boys of the championship! We still have 2 more seasons of payouts from the Premier league and if we don't make it count we will get left behind with all the investment being ploughed into this league now!

The messages from the club/board about our future are so contradicting We want a 40,000 seat stadium and state of the art training facility fit for the premiership but now will only compete financially for transfers and wages with the bottom half of the championship whilst our scouting system is now focused on league 1 and 2 gems and players from France and Holland!

It seems we have gone from one extreme to the other at QPR. Blew millions and millions on over paid players at the end of their careers giving them the retirement package that dreams are made of and now when we need investment to at least stay up in the Championship we wont spend a few quid on established quality for this level let alone to compete to go back up to the Premier League.

We desperately need some sensible investment. The club need to look at the playing squad and prioritise spending a few quid on a quality striker! We know a decent striker at this level makes the difference as well as some established quality payers brought into this team who are 24-27 years old.

How have the board let us go from investing in strikers such as Remy, Cisse and Charlie Austin to thinking signing Connor Washington, Polter and Sylla would be enough is beyond me. I saw a interview with LF the other day who said after we sold Charlie we could of brought Gayle or Gray but decided not to as to much money! WTF is wrong with us. Either one of them would of ensured us competing in or around the top 6 and for a club who supposedly want Premiership football a new stadium and the state of the art training facility surely these players make sense.

I am seriously starting to worry about our future because the ambition of our board has completely gone? Does this mean OOC is dead and the dreams of playing Prem football gone to? It seems the above ambitions are being replaced with mediocrity of championship football which at the moment most of our fans would bite their hands of for as it seems they cant even guarantee this right now!!

When I take the sentiment away from the Holoway appointment, I find myself getting quite angry and think the club genuinely really do treat us like we are fickle and stupid because how the f**k have we logically got to this appointment?
    We just sacked a novice and needed to make a statement that QPR are still ambitious and the pipe dream of the stadium, training facility and most importantly prem football are still very much part of our plans. Yet we pull Ian out of retirement on a whim that he can restore the QPR way of playing! Hmmm doesn't really add up does it?

Why didn't we go all out for a Alladyce type? Are we that much in the shyte or more importantly is Les Ferdinand to insecure about his role that he will only employ yes men now? We seem to be going backwards at a very alarming rate!

I am personally left confused about the status of this club and as fans I feel we are now in a phase of complete uncertainty and just not knowing what the f*** is going on. My only relief presently is that I don't believe we will get relegated as I think there are worst teams then us. However, you need to look at the state of their clubs and capabilities which justify their positions.

What is the direction of the club right now? Are we waiting for the FFP decision before we start pushing on again and hoping we can just make do until a decision is made or is this the way forward now for QPR? If it is the way forward then why is TF and co still at QPR because surely they know if they want the stadium, the training facilities then they need to spend again on our playing sqaud or why even bother with any of the above?
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 19-12-2016, 12:50 PM.

Well said mate, completely agree. What worries me is when I read statements from Les and co saying we are looking at the Play offs. I mean, what football has he been watching the last 18months? We look miles off.

Comment

Parachute payments run out at the end of THIS season.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Parachute payments run out at the end of THIS season.
        We get 3 years of parachute payments apparently. 19 mill the first year and then the following two seasons we receive 9 mill each year.

Comment

Think the parachute payments have been going straight back into Uncle T's pockets no?

Comment

Great post Maids and I am also very concerned for our future.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              We get 3 years of parachute payments apparently. 19 mill the first year and then the following two seasons we receive 9 mill each year.
              I stand corrected fella

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Think the parachute payments have been going straight back into Uncle T's pockets no?
                Yeah the greedy money grabiing tight farker rinsing our club and pocketing the parachute payments and our season ticket money. Liberty.

Comment

I'm sorry mate, I was an avid TF backer once upon a time, like the few that are still on here - but I just cannot defend him anymore, it's not personal because he seems like a decent enough guy as we all know.

Comment

Holloway's interview the other day eluded to the fact we wont have much money to spend if any. With the state the club are in and no guarantees of staying up then something is very wrong behind the scenes with OOC or FFP.

Why would someone like TF even risk relegation to league 1 otherwise. Why would we cheap out on our managerial appointments and playing staff when off the field we have plans for a 40,000 stadium and new training facility.

Comment

Lot's of speculation really on how much we can spend in line with Financial f^ckingunfair Play and if TF is prepared to dish more money out, not sure as fans we know the answers to either of those questions. I agree with most we do need to spend but it's difficult, as all you have to do is look at Villa their front 2 cost getting onto 30 million!!! When you are looking 10 mill plus for a goal scorer at this level, and that's still not a sure thing, Ross McCormack 2 in 16 games for example. the answer is......... if only it were that simple

Comment

Good post maids and atleast its not having a dig at ollie when its all to do with the people who are running the club! desperately need a few new players in of quality & makes you wonder why all of a sudden they wont buy any if the case! like you say whats the point of a super stadium if say we`re in the old third division cos no more players were signed!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                          Lot's of speculation really on how much we can spend in line with Financial f^ckingunfair Play and if TF is prepared to dish more money out, not sure as fans we know the answers to either of those questions. I agree with most we do need to spend but it's difficult, as all you have to do is look at Villa their front 2 cost getting onto 30 million!!! When you are looking 10 mill plus for a goal scorer at this level, and that's still not a sure thing, Ross McCormack 2 in 16 games for example. the answer is......... if only it were that simple
                          The point is, Villa spent 10million on McCormack...and then didn't really improve the rest of their squad. A goalscorer is only as good as the players / service around him, which would be our problem too.

As regards TF and his reluctance to spend, I personally wouldn't be surprised if he looked to offload the club at the end of the season. OOC is clearly a non-starter, which was the only reason he wanted us in the first place. The fact that we look certain to be a bottom half Championship club (at best) for the forseeable future only makes that prediction more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            The point is, Villa spent 10million on McCormack...and then didn't really improve the rest of their squad. A goalscorer is only as good as the players / service around him, which would be our problem too.

As regards TF and his reluctance to spend, I personally wouldn't be surprised if he looked to offload the club at the end of the season. OOC is clearly a non-starter, which was the only reason he wanted us in the first place. The fact that we look certain to be a bottom half Championship club (at best) for the forseeable future only makes that prediction more likely.
                            Disagree. We had a sh1te team and Charlie Austin still banged them in.
                            Also, I don't see much wrong with the players McCormack has around him now at Villa? I did however, at Fulham - where he still banged 25 in a season, in a struggling side.

I would like TF to off-load us at the end of the season personally - one thing I would trust him in, is finding the right buyer.

Comment

So many contradictions at the moment - those of you during the Big spending years who were saying we want our Rangers back..well this is the rangers you wanted back - a small team struggling financially ..trying to unearth diamonds but mostly finding coal. the rangers of those years would stay afloat by asset stripping as often as they could...it seems that the club are dammed if the do and dammed if they don't. TF tapped into the dewy eyed nostalgia of the fans and brought in LF to basically bring the old days back...which clearly isn't working...the early 90's old boys network is sinking the club in nostalgia...from wheeling out the past every half time to employing old fans favourites as the manager assistant manger ..club ambassador under 18 coach the list is endless...i fully expect to find Clive wilson to be serving me my balti pie at half time and Darren peacock checking my ticket!

Comment

Working...
                              X