The strategy of january

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strategy of january

Spend and risk the penalty according to the FFP or dont risk that and start next season in League one. I believe that TF will choose the best economical option, so whats that? Short term and long term.

There's no money to spend - he isn't willing to throw anymore money in, so it's going to be ride our luck and hopefully survive this season in the short term.

Long term, I have no idea what the strategy is. A selling club, who develops players whilst trying to be as competitive as can be?

Comment

All people ever do is constantly mention the 250 million pounds debt and how bad we are now and how its been totally wasted.
      The chairman would be well advised to not waste another penny piece and the risk of getting coated off even more.
      Safest bet by far.

Comment

I'd love an owner who kept on investing though, have to say. He made a load of mistakes on signings a few season ago, but surely that shouldn't mean that he stops investing in players totally? I'd like him to go out and spend £5-7m on a striker. 'Lessons learnt' surely means I now know how to spend my money wisely - not 'lessons learned' I'll still spending in general.

One big signing a summer would be good, of this price range.

Comment

If they have a plan for the team on the pitch then it is not very clear.

Comment

The strategy should be to pull our finger out and show some bloody ambition.

Right now we are in a dog fight and need some help in terms of quality. We have some good honest players at the club who can hold there own but others are out of their depth and we have no goal threat. Whether TF likes it or not we are now in a scrap to stay up let alone target the play offs.

The funny thing is there is still time to turn our season around if 'THEY' want to. 3 or 4 decent signings and QPR can make a late charge for the play offs as crazy as that sounds. More importantly it could safe guard our survival for another season and give us momentum for next year.

We have plans for a 40,000 stadium and state of the art training facilities yet wont spend money on the quality we need in playing staff to even think about going ahead with either of those plans. What good is it to have the ambitions of OOC or new facilities if we are in league 1 and pulling in an attendence of 11,000 people.

Sell Caulker, Sandro, Chery and Ned. Get 8 - 10 mill and buy a decent striker, break the new wage cap to get him here. Then go and compliment him with 3 or 4 players who are top championship performers who can slot in at RB, CB and ideally a winger.

Comment

Have to agree again Maids. We are as it stands no certainty to stay up so the quicker all involved realise that the better.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                The strategy should be to pull our finger out and show some bloody ambition.

Right now we are in a dog fight and need some help in terms of quality. We have some good honest players at the club who can hold there own but others are out of their depth and we have no goal threat. Whether TF likes it or not we are now in a scrap to stay up let alone target the play offs.

The funny thing is there is still time to turn our season around if 'THEY' want to. 3 or 4 decent signings and QPR can make a late charge for the play offs as crazy as that sounds. More importantly it could safe guard our survival for another season and give us momentum for next year.

We have plans for a 40,000 stadium and state of the art training facilities yet wont spend money on the quality we need in playing staff to even think about going ahead with either of those plans. What good is it to have the ambitions of OOC or new facilities if we are in league 1 and pulling in an attendence of 11,000 people.

Sell Caulker, Sandro, Chery and Ned. Get 8 - 10 mill and buy a decent striker, break the new wage cap to get him here. Then go and compliment him with 3 or 4 players who are top championship performers who can slot in at RB, CB and ideally a winger.
                There is a post on here this morning calling him the worst chairman ever in footballing history for spending to much and getting us into 250 million of debt. Surely thats showing to much ambition?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  There is a post on here this morning calling him the worst chairman ever in footballing history for spending to much and getting us into 250 million of debt. Surely thats showing to much ambition?
                  That was 2-3 seasons ago Kev. It was poorly managed and we have now ended up in a situation where we wont even spend enough to compete in the championship let alone the premiership.

It's typical QPR and we have now gone from as you say being over ambitious to now think we can achieve everything on a shoe string budget. Football changes year in year out with all the money thats being invested and unfortuantely if you sit still for to long it catches sup with you.

Look I don't think we will go down but there are no guarantees we won't. Our sqaud needs some investment on players who are proven.

We might be little QPR but it was TF who brought us and changed the philosophy of this club. The club now has plans for a 40,000 seat stadium, new training facility yet we dont want to invest in our playing squad anymore or more worryingly we dont seem to comprehend that the money you need to spend even in the championship has changed drastically the last two seasons!!

The off pitch plans don't match the on field plans!!

Comment

Kevin. The big issue for me is how managed to spend that figure when the highest transfer fee is around 8-10 million.

Comment

He can't win at the moment whatever he dose , if he spends he's clueless and wasteful and probably picks the players, if he doesn't he don't care and he will be acussed of no ambition , what will be interesting is will they give the money to Holloway or not?

Comment

Whatever happens, I can safely predict that Les Ferdinand will get called a cnt

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Whatever happens, I can safely predict that Les Ferdinand will get called a cnt
                          You can take that to the bank

Comment

So do we know there is no money to spend? Thought Birch was on the radio the other day saying there was.

Comment

I reckon there is but your not going to come out and tell everyone your spending in January because as soon as other clubs know QPR are going to spend up goes the asking prices , what will be interesting is will the trust Holloway with the wonga
                              Last edited by winalotto; 19-12-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X