No announcement yet.

Tony Fernandes and his managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has backed every manager we have had until Jan 2015. Not sure he is as daft and gullible as he is portrayed as he clearly was behind the Ji Sun Park signing as he launched our planes at the same time. Biggest mistake he made was not replacing Redknapp with a proper manager.

Comment

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Purely personal but only appointment I wasn't behind was Ollie. Rest I could see sense in and supported.

Ollie out of game a while and I think wrong person at wrong time for this job. Being a great character and an Rs legend not enough. This is a very challenging role for any number of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
        Absolutely agree. Now is when the team need our support more than ever.
        That only gets you so far. We supported our team through the good and bad times. But our support isn't going to get out of this financial mess and there comes a time when fans can only put up with miserable football which is why the stadiums is no longer full and not much singing goes on anymore at the games
        'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          As for Ramsey and JFH, simply shouldnt have been hired in the 1st place!
          Ramsey I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on but JFH was a young, up and coming manager who was building a name for himself so seemed a decent fit at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
            Ramsey I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on but JFH was a young, up and coming manager who was building a name for himself so seemed a decent fit at the time.
            You know what Lunar, I actually agree with you and infact take that one back. He did sort of fit the bill for what we was looking for at that time.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
              They've pretty much all been disasters, except for Neil Warnock....but of course he sacked him. Must be right up there with the most inept owner in the land....maybe even in the world.
              Hughes, Redknapp, JFH all largely welcomed by us. We must have the most inept fans in the land....maybe even in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                Hughes, Redknapp, JFH all largely welcomed by us. We must have the most inept fans in the land....maybe even in the world.
                All good appointments on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Amd the mad thing is the one we didnt want and who got hounded out really quickly (Ramsey) has probably got a better win record than all of them.

Comment

Right now there are two other managers available who would be seen as another good 'appointment'.

Kenny Jackett and Gary Rowett.

If only these two were available when JFH was sacked, both far better options to Ollie IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      How long can most go without blaming the owner here? How bad does it have to get to see the bleating obvious?

How is it NOT TF's fault? Being badly advised is a terrible excuse to sit behind. He's a multi millionaire business tycoon - if he really is as naive as some make out on here, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been so successful in every other aspect of his life.

He's employed everyone at the club currently... how can it be anyone elses fault?!
                      True ain't it?!!

I always hear things like "his hearts in the right place" and "he wants the best for the club". Maybe so but you can't ignore the fact that he bought a club that had just been promoted to Premier League. 5 and a half years and at least 250m quid later and we're staring at relegation to League 1. I said it on another thread yesterday, Burnley and Bournemouth are looking good in the Premier League on less investment. Leicester even won the league having spent about the same as us.

Whether the fans like to admit it or not, Fernandes has overseen one of the biggest failures in the history of English football.
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 19-12-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

In hindsight, TF should have let Warnock get on with his job. This is his only mistake, I think. Have to say, even I wanted him sacked and replaced with a more fashionable "name".
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Completely agree with this post, except Fernandes didn't bring Warnock in, he just sacked him. People seem to forget that we got promoted without him, and had a good championship winning squad of players who all wanted to play for the club. I have been saying TF is inept for some time now, people argue that he has the clubs best interests at heart and I dont dispute that, the problem is he has absolutely no idea what he is doing and hasn't from the start. He made mistakes in our first year in PL, we got back up (luckily) and then he made the exact same mistakes again after vowing he had learnt his lesson and wouldn't go spending millions on another bunch of mercenaries. Now he has tightened the purse strings, which is the right thing to do but people don't seem to want to lay any blame on Fernandes for getting us in the position in the first place.

Comment

Of course there are well run clubs like the Burnley's mentioned and our owner being the worst in the world.

I would just like to balance it by mentioning the owners of: Coventry, Leeds, Blackpool, Blackburn just comes to mind.

Our owners ARE trying to do the right thing and I am very confident it will come in time.

Holloway was what a lot of fans wanted and some have already turned on him, not my choice or even second or third choice but hope I am hopelessly wrong.

I think Holloway needs to go followed my LF and bring GR if he will come to us.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              All good appointments on paper.
                              No they absolutely were not. There was no real substance behind JFH's record to qualify him at this level. That should have been obvious.

I've been unconvinced by all our appointments in recent times and said so at the time. Les included.
                              Last edited by hal9thou; 19-12-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                                Mark Hughes, at the time seemed like a very sensible appointment, like it's been pointed out I think the majority were happy when Redknapp was appointed, and JFH seemed to be what most were crying out for an up and coming manager with a lot to prove..
                                Totally agree for whatever reason the Managers just haven't worked out! Hughes everyone wanted out and HR in and JFH I was genuinely excited about and sadly his football wasn't to match. Feel really sorry for TF !

Comment

Working...
                                X