Tony Fernandes and his managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes and his managers

They've pretty much all been disasters, except for Neil Warnock....but of course he sacked him. Must be right up there with the most inept owner in the land....maybe even in the world.

Cannot disagree with that.

Comment

Very harsh. He has been let down. I mean Mark Hughes is a good manager. Like him or not, what he has achieved with Stoke is nothing short of a miracle. It didn't work out for him and wasted allot of money but he came him with a reputation. I blame the fans for wanting redchapp so another 1 I won't blame him for. Tony can't do a thing right but I am glad we've got someone that at least cares and goes to games
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Is it WeAre? 18k stadium paying 75-90k a week to numerous players while in the premier league. 5 and a bit years later we find ourselves in a terrible state and accountability needs to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Very harsh. He has been let down. I mean Mark Hughes is a good manager. Like him or not, what he has achieved with Stoke is nothing short of a miracle. It didn't work out for him and wasted allot of money but he came him with a reputation. I blame the fans for wanting redchapp so another 1 I won't blame him for. Tony can't do a thing right but I am glad we've got someone that at least cares and goes to games
          Absolutely agree. Now is when the team need our support more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Was going to write something similar.
            Huges. Just didnt know how to handle all the money. And pretty much just ended up spending for the sake of spending. But as a manager he wasnt (and still isnt) a bad manager.
            Redkapp. Well at the time it felt like the whole club wanted him here, with a lot of fan pressure on TF to bring him in.

Problem wasnt getting MH/HR in, the problem was how long it took to get rid of them. It obviously wasnt working out and it took way too long for the board to get rid.

As for Ramsey and JFH, simply shouldnt have been hired in the 1st place!
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Mark Hughes, at the time seemed like a very sensible appointment, like it's been pointed out I think the majority were happy when Redknapp was appointed, and JFH seemed to be what most were crying out for an up and coming manager with a lot to prove..

Comment

Really don't think Tony is the problem. Think he has our best interests at heart.

Comment

We have gone from debt free and in the Premier League with a Championship winning squad to spent loads of wonga £250m+, seen some absolute dross and are now skint and on the verge of League 1.

But for the Play off final, TF time here has been woeful. Such a shame cos he seems a nice guy, but nice guys don't normally win.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                    They've pretty much all been disasters, except for Neil Warnock....but of course he sacked him. Must be right up there with the most inept owner in the land....maybe even in the world.
                    Birmingham's new owners are about to take that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                      Really don't think Tony is the problem. Think he has our best interests at heart.
                      Totally agree , at time he's been badly advised by some I don't think many would've had problems with the managers employed at the time, other that Ramsey who was so clearly out off his depth, Hughes brought in as an experienced Prem manger which is what we needed at the time, then Redknapp was brought in to try and keep us up which he failed and had to clean up the mess made by Hughes, then brought in the DOF when there was some unrest with Redknapp to appease the fans, then Ramsey who so clearly was not up to it,( job for a mate) then Warnock to clean up that mess, and he should've been left in charge for the rest of that season so to have time to revaluate and get the right person to take the club forward, Then JFH who probably got a raw deal, ( I did want him sacked just because the football was so boring, buy they say be careful what you wish for) as he's the only one who hasn't had a shed load of money to spend, due to the mismanagement of the afore mentioned, as for Holloway I think probably another appointment to appease the fans, they say your should never go back and we shouldn't have, under the current regime of the DOF and Holloway we're only going one was through the trap door to League 1

Comment

How long can most go without blaming the owner here? How bad does it have to get to see the bleating obvious?

How is it NOT TF's fault? Being badly advised is a terrible excuse to sit behind. He's a multi millionaire business tycoon - if he really is as naive as some make out on here, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been so successful in every other aspect of his life.

He's employed everyone at the club currently... how can it be anyone elses fault?!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          How long can most go without blaming the owner here? How bad does it have to get to see the bleating obvious?

How is it NOT TF's fault? Being badly advised is a terrible excuse to sit behind. He's a multi millionaire business tycoon - if he really is as naive as some make out on here, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been so successful in every other aspect of his life.

He's employed everyone at the club currently... how can it be anyone elses fault?!
                          Biggest mistake employing the DOF then allowing him to run the club all the people employed since have been on the DOF watch or recommendations so probably the person advising him on football matters ain't that good and should be gone

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            Biggest mistake employing the DOF then allowing him to run the club all the people employed since have been on the DOF watch or recommendations so probably the person advising him on football matters ain't that good and should be gone
                            Currently, I have to agree. Les, should take some responsibility on the appointment and recruitment that haven't been right.
                            But to go one step further - TF shouldn't of employed him. He had no experience for such a big and important job/role in the football club.

TF seems to be one for extreme's - the mercenary era meant everyone was clambering for some identity back of the old years, but instead of TF listening in part, he decided to go the whole hog and literally only employ people who had a link to QPR. It's literally one extreme to the other and it's all his doing.

The extreme is most visible today with the Forever Rs club, which is more PR bollarks to appease the fans IMO. Do we really think something like this would of come about if all of his foreign signing worked a few years ago - not a chance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Currently, I have to agree. Les, should take some responsibility on the appointment and recruitment that haven't been right.
                              But to go one step further - TF shouldn't of employed him. He had no experience for such a big and important job/role in the football club.TF seems to be one for extreme's - the mercenary era meant everyone was clambering for some identity back of the old years, but instead of TF listening in part, he decided to go the whole hog and literally only employ people who had a link to QPR. It's literally one extreme to the other and it's all his doing.
                              The extreme is most visible today with the Forever Rs club, which is more PR bollarks to appease the fans IMO. Do we really think something like this would of come about if all of his foreign signing worked a few years ago - not a chance IMO.
                              Agree wit what's in bold He' had his pants pulled and employed and been advised by some bad people, current DOF probably being the worst, it's about time he grew a pair and took charge properly, but having so called people running the club keeps him out of the firing line, but one I have to stick up for him is that he has backed every manager we've had, I don't think there's any disputing that, probably more than he should've

Comment

Working...
                              X