Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You just knew it was coming today, didn't you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just knew it was coming today, didn't you?

....the longer the game wore on at 0-0, it was almost an inevitability they'd score towards the end. Difference between the two sides was their quality of strikers and cutting edge in the final third - a difference we've seen time and time again this season. We'd be a top 10 side but for this.

There's no doubt that the entertainment level and overall quality of our play has improved dramatically under Ollie, but we're just unable to put the ball away.

You have to say it's really not looking good for Ollie so far though, but you certainly get the impression the players are trying their hardest for him. Can this be fixed in the Jan window with a couple of astute buys/loans is the question?....

I think we have a decent squad who are desperately trying to play better but they don't have any self confidence, they don't enjoy playing, they fear of failure and they don't trust Ollie could turn this around. His honeymoon is over and he lost it. If we are bottom three in January it would be insanity to give Ollie a transfer window.
    Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 18-12-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Lost as to what we do now. 5 defeats on the trot.....we're in deep trouble. Adel.....come and save us....a decent no. 10, can he do any worse than luongo and cherry?

Comment

From the 60 min there was only one winner. As plain as day.

Comment

we lack a cutting edge , it was a matter of time before villa scored . u would have thought they'd won the league when their goal went in

Comment

We're the 2nd lowest scorers in the league. It doesn't take a scientist to work out what our problem is

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              We're the 2nd lowest scorers in the league. It doesn't take a scientist to work out what our problem is
              What about our 'four wonderful strikers'? The surfeit of No 10s? The best midfielder in the championship??

Comment

Years of not targeting proven strikers will and has come back to bite us
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Lost as to what we do now. 5 defeats on the trot.....we're in deep trouble. Adel.....come and save us....a decent no. 10, can he do any worse than luongo and cherry?
                  Yes he could do worse, now a fat lazy unfit 15 stone lump of lard, what a waste of talent

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

There's no doubt that the entertainment level and overall quality of our play has improved dramatically under Ollie, but we're just unable to put the ball away.
                    I think dramatically is stretching it a bit mate.

You just knew it was coming today, didn't you? Yes! If Hall had been playing in his proper position in the heart of defence, instead of Lynch, who looked cumbersome, I would have been a lot more confident. We have (from what I've seen) a very decent DM in Borysiuk who has yet to feature under Olly. So many things people complained about JFH are being repeated by now, except with worse results. Players played out of position, no width, chopping and changing the team, one up front....

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    You have to say it's really not looking good for Ollie so far though, but you certainly get the impression the players are trying their hardest for him. Can this be fixed in the Jan window with a couple of astute buys/loans is the question?....

Can this be fixed with a couple of buys/loans? I don't think so. We've got an eccentric manager who does a great line in wacky humour and chest-thumping, but whose tactics are questionable. I said when he was appointed it was a gamble that could end in tears. 5 losses on the trot does not look good does it? Of course, he could still turn it all round. But it needs to happen pretty damn quickly or we're on the way to the league 1.

Comment

It's not about the strikers we supposedly don't have.... it's our appallingly ineffective set-up and approach play that carries no threat whatsoever. Ross McCormick is undoubtedly a handy striker but he looked lost playing at pinnacle of a pedestrian Villa team - strikers need service and quick service too. We are completely unable to move through the thirds with any pace, incision or intent and I blame our midfield for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        I think dramatically is stretching it a bit mate.
                        It's not stretching it by comparison to the borefest of JFH. It's just the final 3rd where we lack the clinical quality to do justice to the build-up play.

Comment

The match was on here live early morning, I still tuned in with interest knowing how this would end, I can't even get too upset anymore which maybe isn't a good thing! It is very clear that Les and to some extent JFH have assembled a squad that will get us relegated, January transfer window looms and Ollie has to have a say in it (if he's still in charge), the board would do well to listen to him!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Olly has no real grasp of tactics. It's like letting a hospital porter run the neurology department. Fun, but short lived.

JFH was equally inept, different symptoms. Les I wouldn't have running the corner shop, we still have one down the road. Until he is dispensed with nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              The match was on here live early morning, I still tuned in with interest knowing how this would end, I can't even get too upset anymore which maybe isn't a good thing! It is very clear that Les and to some extent JFH have assembled a squad that will get us relegated, January transfer window looms and Ollie has to have a say in it (if he's still in charge), the board would do well to listen to him!

the board would do well to get rid of him!!!!

Rowett is still available

Comment

Working...
                              X