Smithies Penalty Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies Penalty Statistics

Does anyone know Alex Smithies' statistics for us in terms of facing penalties? Seems to save more than he concedes!
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Brisbane just said in the game thread that his record at QPR is 5 saves to 2 misses.

Incredible keeping from young Smithies.
    Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post
      Brisbane just said in the game thread that his record at QPR is 5 saves to 2 misses.

Incredible keeping from young Smithies.
      That's an amazing statistic, best keeper I've seen at QPR in my life time!
      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Hes saved 18 out of 36 now in his entire career which is astounding when you take into account hes saved more penalties than the likes of van der sar, cech and neuer in lesser amoubt of games and has a better stats record than buffon. Incredible to see really

Comment

Sadly we need to sell him in January if we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Sadly we need to sell him in January if we can.
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              Why?
              To fund any incomings required. We also need to grab those funds from a player on the rise rather than a player on the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                To fund any incomings required. We also need to grab those funds from a player on the rise rather than a player on the slide.
                Bit of a catch 22 though. Withought smithies this season we'd be a lot worse off than we are now. Do we risk it?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                  Bit of a catch 22 though. Withought smithies this season we'd be a lot worse off than we are now. Do we risk it?
                  We have Ingrams thank god so it's not quite the same risk.

Comment

pots

Comment

Very good penalty stopper but should of done better with the goal

Comment

Saved 5 of his last 7.

Comment

He be gone next month. Madness really as you are supposed to improve a team not sell the assets
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Very good keeper but near post mistake shouldn't happen.
                            Forgiven for all the good work in the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              He be gone next month. Madness really as you are supposed to improve a team not sell the assets
                              We are traditionally a successful selling club, making a profit on smithies would be about the first right thing the club would have done in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X