Darnell Furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnell Furlong

I went to the Swindon Town v Fleetwood match yesterday and the lad had a cracking game. Looks very lively down the right and provided the cross for the Swindon goal. Improving in the air winning loads of headers against bigger opponents. Swindon were playing a back 5 which gave him the freedom to go forward. Could he be affective for us?

Definitely could. Is he on a season long loan?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      I think we have an option to recall michael doughty and furlong if we wanted too in jan which ollie apparently wants to do

Comment

I suspect he's one of those players who looks "okay-ish" playing in a vague right-sided role but when you drill down he's not good enough to play a specific role as right back, right midfield or right wing. Still, it's not as though our present incumbents are much cop so maybe he's worth giving a go.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          I think we have an option to recall michael doughty and furlong if we wanted too in jan which ollie apparently wants to do
          I'd recall all of our loanees. Desperate times desperate measures. Might shake things up a bit, extra competition for places and that!

Comment

He didn`t impress me that much when he played for us a season or two ago. We need a proven CC-full back now when we are in trouble,imo.
            Last edited by Shania; 18-12-2016, 06:40 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              He didn`t impress me much. We need a proven CC-full back,imo.
              Are you Shania Twain by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I'd recall all of our loanees. Desperate times desperate measures. Might shake things up a bit, extra competition for places and that!
                Me too tbh. Jets doing well at gillingham and has quality up front too. Think he'd jump at the chance of coming back here to prove himself under a new regime

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  Are you Shania Twain by any chance?
                  I couldn`t resist it.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

I agree, I have seen him play for us a while back and I thought he was lightweight and did not make much of an impression on the game. However on Saturday he won physical battles in the air and on the ground. Also getting forward and providing the cross for Swindon's goal. I just want to see a QPR side who attack and try to get behind the opposition instead of the backward passing that we have been watching for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Me too tbh. Jets doing well at gillingham and has quality up front too. Think he'd jump at the chance of coming back here to prove himself under a new regime
                      Quite possible that Holloway is the sort of manager that JET needs....would big him up all the time.

Have doubts though because that bloke has an appalling attitude to rolling his sleeves up....can he really lead a revival from a relegation dogfight?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        You can bring season long players back in January now mate. New rule.

Comment

You can bring a player back if they are only paying a percentage of wage. If they are paying a monthly fee on top you can only break the contract by mutual consent.
                          They are on loan because at the moment they are not good enough to even sit on the bench so are getting games for experience. Nearly all third choice.
                          Mind you their experience of lower divisions might come in handy next year.

Comment

I'd have doughty and possibly furlong back in the team asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              You can bring season long players back in January now mate. New rule.
                              Didn't realise that mate. Personally think Darnell should come back ASAP, he's the future and better than Perch as RB for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X