If we lose next 3 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    I think Holloway should be given time and I actually think in Jan he'll start picking up results.

However, I bet the fact Rowett is available that the club will be looking at him. Problem with QPR is we will sack Holloway the day after Rowett signs for a rival and bemoan the fact we lost out!!
    Lost 5 on the bounce mate, soon to be 6 realistically - time is ticking already.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I think Holloway should be given time and I actually think in Jan he'll start picking up results.
      The problem is that'll a) be the window gone if they do decide to make a change, if he doesn't turn it round and b) any newcomer would by that time be in a dogfight.

The board has constructed this problem entirely by their own incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        The problem is that'll a) be the window gone if they do decide to make a change, if he doesn't turn it round and b) any newcomer would by that time be in a dogfight.

The board has constructed this problem entirely by their own incompetence.
        At the end of Jan there are still 18 games to play so any new appointment then would have time to save us. I just think it would be mental to act now. The last two games have been against teams who are genuinely better than us but we have held our own. The next game against Brighton is away to the second best team in the league and without giving up its highly likely we wont pick up any points.

January presents a genuine opportunity for Ollie to prove himself against teams we should be beating or certainly competing with. However how many games can a manager lose on the spin nowadays without getting sacked. If we lose the next 3 or 4 then even this early on that would be 8 or 9 loses and I dont think anyone can save Ollie then!!

Comment

What about the 3 games before the last 2 games?

Rottherham hadn't won in 14 games and Wolves were below us, as were Ipswich...

Comment

Last three shouldn't have been hired. A never was, a never will be and a has been. Ffs...

Comment

Maybe we should employ managers on a monthly basis ...

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Maybe we should employ managers on a monthly basis ...
                Or maybe we should just employ an actual manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                  In theory in the same way we sign decent players and make them useless.

we have the ability to do the same to managers.

As i remember all recent appointments perhaps with the exception of Ramsey have be met positively by the majority.

Hughes was seen as a good appointment at the time
                  Redknapp was virtually begged for
                  ramsey no one was quite sure what happened there
                  JFH - good young manager allegedly done well on a shoe string etc etc
                  and Holloway " we've got our rangers back was sung by the loft as we struggled to beat 10 man norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                    How spoilt a club have we become.
                    Ollie not given a transfer budget yet and inherited a poor team that was struggling and some already asking the question as to whether he should go. He's only been in the job for a month. No wonder so many consider us a joke club.
                    Anyone who goes to the games can work out we haven't got one decent player save for the GK. None of em look slightly tired going off the pitch or do anything on the pitch that is brave or using any initiative.
                    The blokes got to be given time, it might not work out but we need to give him a proper try at turning things round.
                    Why all of a sudden have we become Man Utd with fans unable to handle going without success....two relegations, one of the worst teams ever to grace the prem preceded by 15 years of on the whole rubbish isn't a fanbase that's accustomed to watching teams play attacking football and dominating the football landscape.
                    Also complaining about attendance. We have always had small crowds, 93 we were getting 11k.
                    Sometimes it's like folks are commenting on a different club.
                    Such wise words Tblock, but unfortunately this is like casting pearls before swine to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                      This.....

Rowett is the man. He was interviewed on sky today saying that he has been in contact with a couple of clubs.

Went on to say he is ready to step back in the hotseat
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        This.....

Rowett is the man. He was interviewed on sky today saying that he has been in contact with a couple of clubs.

Went on to say he is ready to step back in the hotseat
                        To be fair, I'm not sure Rowett is ready for such a fcked scenario as ours. I was thinking of someone with more laps around the track. The sort like Ranieri, Fat sam, Pardew, Pullis etc. None of them are realistic, but you get my drift...

Comment

Hate the bloke but thinkmad bad bully Pearson would sort it out
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            Hate the bloke but thinkmad bad bully Pearson would sort it out
                            Yep, we need someone with clout. Can't see how watching Coach Carter is gonna make us a club to be reckoned with!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Seriously, anyone who thinks they would walk away with no financial repercussions just because they are Rangers is not living in the real world. Both of them were in gainful employment before they came and ultimately they still have financial commitments when they leave. You may point to Lee Cook as an example of proper Rangers with his gesture but he had just signed for a PL team on a very good deal so his future was secured. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cookies gesture wasn't special, but there is a big difference. And again, yes I agree that people shouldn't be rewarded for failing but in the crazy world of football all sacked managers get paid off for exactly that!
                              If we get sacked from work after signing a contract, we don't get paid the full contract. That's the real world!

If anything the club could pay them an extra month, they've cost us money and points. I hope they turn it around though, just fed up of paying all these players/managers off!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                                If we get sacked from work after signing a contract, we don't get paid the full contract. That's the real world!

If anything the club could pay them an extra month, they've cost us money and points. I hope they turn it around though, just fed up of paying all these players/managers off!
                                Two and a half year contract IH is on!

Comment

Working...
                                X