No announcement yet.

Under Ollie so far..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me JFH was Ok but after the Telegraph thing I lost faith. With Ian Holloway we have something which will need time... ALL his previous jobs have suggested that.

What I find interesting is how small margins we are judging by... If we look at Derby a few years ago the better team lost in the play off final and our team that day had lots of players on multimillion pound contracts. We had Barton, Kranjar, Green, Zamora, Austin, Phillips, Hoilet etc etc... The club has replaced them with players who in the most part still have alot of learning to do... The outcome? the games last minute goal went the other way!!

I think we should judge the Ollie impact on the 31st Jan.

Comment

Desperately need strikers and a defensive coach if we are to be safely mid-table this season.

That goes for if JFH had continued as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        JFH was criticised for subbing for a draw, Ollie subs for a win and gets the same. Make your minds up
        Agree with this. If he did go for a draw then people would be moaning about not going for a win at home when we were the better team and I can only imagine the comments on here then. Hindsight is wonderful but no way in my opinion should he be criticised for going for the win.

Comment

We're having a few more spells of good football now than under JFH. You can see Olly's trying to put a bit of confidence into this lot....which seems a tough task on its own lol.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

The four games losing streak isn't good but I also think we been unlucky in a couple of games.

We should of beaten Derby let alone draw and if Perch hasn't been a first class t*** with that tackle against wolves then I personally think we would of gone on to win that. However the Rotherham and Ipswich results were unacceptable.

We do need to give Ollie a bit of time and as I said on another thread I think it's going to get worst before it gets better with Villa & Brighton up next!! Ollies got us playing better football and we need a bit of luck!

Tough season ahead but I still don't think we will be relegated!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Agree Jim.

I don't care if he's only been here a month and that it's Ollie - he hasn't achieved a point in 4 games, it's a results business. I hope it doesn't stretch to 6 games, for his sake.

Oh yeah, and one of those matches was against a Rotherham side that hadn't won in 14 games.

We asked for a change in manager but I don't think any of us asked for Ollie before his name was mentioned?
              I stuck a post up saying could we be in the bottom 3 by end of december and thought we would only get 2 points this month one of them was v rotherham. yes its a results business and at present we aint getting results. however it was slightly better v derby but i fancy villa to nick a win too from us as were very fragile followed up by brighton putting at least 3 past smithies

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                I don't want a manager that takes off a striker for a midfielder when we are at 0-0. Olly didn't make a mistake there, he tried to win the game which is always the right thing to do.
                getting a point stops the rot , gives us a platform to build on , he did the same thing at millwall and they were relegated , they were 2nd from bottom when he left , ell me how bringing on gladwin instead of sandro makes any sense

Comment

As a manager it all boils down to decision making. A manager is always judged on his decisions- who plays/formation/subs/tactics.

Prior to Derby we'd just lost 3 on the trot, and he goes for 3 points V Dreby. Yeh people are guna say they want to be entertained and 'maybe' that night were good for 3 points. But imho after a the $hity little run we'd just been on, we shouldve rained it in and held on to a very very handy point against a very good team. And that still wouldve given us something to build on. But instead we're now 4 games in a row beaten with fark all to build on. And all that because IH IMHO wanted to be the entertainer again!
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    As a manager it all boils down to decision making. A manager is always judged on his decisions- who plays/formation/subs/tactics.

Prior to Derby we'd just lost 3 on the trot, and he goes for 3 points V Dreby. Yeh people are guna say they want to be entertained and 'maybe' that night were good for 3 points. But imho after a the $hity little run we'd just been on, we shouldve rained it in and held on to a very very handy point against a very good team. And that still wouldve given us something to build on. But instead we're now 4 games in a row beaten with fark all to build on. And all that because IH IMHO wanted to be the entertainer again!
                    Yeah, everyone knows you don't go attacking Derby........the Barcelona of the Midlands...........

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Yeah, everyone knows you don't go attacking Derby........the Barcelona of the Midlands...........
                      True, but a point wouldnt go a miss hey mush...... hey anyway weve got an in form villa then away to 2nd brighton coming up so should be good for a few point there hey mate.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

True, but a point wouldnt go a miss hey mush...... hey anyway weve got an in form villa then away to 2nd brighton coming up so should be good for a few point there hey mate.
                        Is that the Villa that have lost 2 of the last 3? I think we'll be good for a point against them to be honest.

Brighton we'll get murdered....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Is that the Villa that have lost 2 of the last 3? I think we'll be good for a point against them to be honest.

Brighton we'll get murdered....
                          Rip your arm of for a single point against villa... brighton, well you said it!...... thats 1 point in 6 if were lucky..
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Haha the entertainer, jeez some have got some grudges on here, god help us if ollie comes good
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Haha the entertainer, jeez some have got some grudges on here, god help us if ollie comes good
                              Haha man crush me thinks
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Question is does anyone think that a run like we are on is acceptable under any manager? If no then Ollie like anyone else should be open to a bit of flak. JFH bored me to tears but do not recall him losing 4 in a row and he got stick for getting a result here and there based on #### football.

Comment

Working...
                                X