• Show
Clear All

• Under Ollie so far..

Results aside, over the course of 90 mins performance wise, are we -

showing signs of improvement?
    Gradually getting worse?
    No different?
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Well he's definitely changed the style of play and we are showing signs of improvement, still inconsistent though from game to game, sometimes from one half to the next , confidence is massively important and must be very low at the moment, but Ollie will be trying to build on that , but its hard when you play well and still lose to keep believing in yourself.
    Last edited by winalotto; 15-12-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I think we're worse but saw few things yesterday to be optimistic about

Comment

Well we've lost 4 on the bounce, against some poor sides. Did JFH ever have a streak like that?

It'll take time but it doesn't bode well does it.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I think we're worse but saw few things yesterday to be optimistic about
          We're getting what we asked for now so for better or for worse we have to suck it up for a little while yet. Plus its difficult to listen to anyone moaning after just five games..

Comment

Won 1 and lost 4 (soon to be 5)

Its a results business. There is a bloke available who has a 40 percent win rate in this league.

Get him
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              Well we've lost 4 on the bounce, against some poor sides. Did JFH ever have a streak like that?

Agree Jim.

I don't care if he's only been here a month and that it's Ollie - he hasn't achieved a point in 4 games, it's a results business. I hope it doesn't stretch to 6 games, for his sake.

Oh yeah, and one of those matches was against a Rotherham side that hadn't won in 14 games.

We asked for a change in manager but I don't think any of us asked for Ollie before his name was mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

It doesn't bode well at all, especially when you consider the game we won was against 10 men for 95 mins and we nearly ended up throwing that away. I have said in other threads JFH was boring us senseless but at no stage did he lose more than 2 games on the spin. Unfortunately we are committed to Olly now even more so now Curtis Fleming has arrived but where are we going to pick up points from. Knowing Rangers we will go and win at Brighton but in reality that is unlikely, so 4 games could easily become 6 or 7.

Comment

ollie was brought in for next season in Div 1
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    We asked for a change in manager but I don't think any of us asked for Ollie before his name was mentioned?
                    100% I along with many others was very vocal about not wanting him back but I'll be honest I was seduced by his first couple of interviews with his love & passion shining through. I felt we needed that at this time. Problem is we've all got love and passion. Doesn't make us managers does it.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    It doesn't bode well at all, especially when you consider the game we won was against 10 men for 95 mins and we nearly ended up throwing that away. I have said in other threads JFH was boring us senseless but at no stage did he lose more than 2 games on the spin. Unfortunately we are committed to Olly now even more so now Curtis Fleming has arrived but where are we going to pick up points from. Knowing Rangers we will go and win at Brighton but in reality that is unlikely, so 4 games could easily become 6 or 7.
                    Hope for the best, expect the worst with QPR Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Results aside, over the course of 90 mins performance wise, are we -

showing signs of improvement?
                      In terms of style of play and entertainment value, definitely. The only thing missing yesterday was the lack of a quality finisher because we certainly created plenty of chances.

The signs of improvement have been there since Ollie took over IMO, it's just the results that haven't come yet. But if we can get a couple of quality additions next month then I believe the wins will come and we'll finish safely this season. So at the moment I am not overly-concerned at the situation because it's still only December and plenty of points to play for this season.

If the team was playing with a lack of confidence then I'd be worried, but we're not - certainly on yesterday's performance. The issue is what happens when going a goal down. Therefore the two positions we're most in need of IMO are a championship experienced midfield general, and a quality striker. We desperately need Sylla back too as he guarantees you goals provided he gets quality crosses into the box.

Comment

Struggled to beat 10 men, and lost to what I've seen are 3 poor teams Ipswich Wolves and Rotherham, and lost Derby who to be fair we didn't deserve to, but they didn't have to do much to win, and always looked like they could step up a gear , so I'd have to say we're getting worse under Ollie, don't think JFH lost 4 on the bounce? although the football was awful and boring( and I did want JFH sacked)

Comment

i enjoyed watching weds night , there was improvement on the pitch , how many shots did smithies have to make , if olly had brought on ariel and sandro instead of polter and gladwin we would have got at least a point

Comment

JFH was criticised for subbing for a draw, Ollie subs for a win and gets the same. Make your minds up

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              i enjoyed watching weds night , there was improvement on the pitch , how many shots did smithies have to make , if olly had brought on ariel and sandro instead of polter and gladwin we would have got at least a point
                              I don't want a manager that takes off a striker for a midfielder when we are at 0-0. Olly didn't make a mistake there, he tried to win the game which is always the right thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X