Shodipo & Team Selection from Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shodipo & Team Selection from Ollie

What's the situation with Ollie and Shodipo??

Our one shining light this season and quite possibly our best winger and he can't even get into the team/the squad under Ollie sometimes.
    Did more than any other player again when he came on last night. I don't care how young or raw he is, we've got nothing better than him currently.

Drop Chery (who can't take a corner to save his life) for Yeni as the number 10, and start Shodipo out wide every game!

On the team selection last night in general - IMO the performance wasn't anywhere near as good as some and Ollie have made out. A whole lot of d1cking about across the back, sideways, backwards, with no real attacking intent until Shodipo came on. Confidence is understandably shot, and there is no-one out there on that pitch, turning around and grabbing other players as a leader - telling them to get a grip and sort it out. Derby never looked overly troubled by us.

If JFH had named that team last night he would of been slaughtered. The discussions everyone has had on here about CW up front on his own and how he can't do it, or get the service, and Ollie has started the last two games with him up front on his own with no wingers AGAIN.

Just. do. not. get. it. 4 losses on the bounce, and our best centre half is now playing as a holding midfielder.
    Worse Rangers side I've seen, thanks to the worse owners of a football club I've seen - what a mess.

And b0llarks there was 12k there last night, it was more like 9k.

Rant over.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 15-12-2016, 10:49 AM.

Disagree about Derby never looking troubled by us. We didn't create enough chances I agree but there were enough to win the game.

Comment

Shodipo is good and last nights performance warrents being a starter for the next game imo. Reminds me a lot of hoillett last season with his dribbling and pace.

Personally i didnt mind the backwards and sideways passing because it kept possession for us and it looked like it helped keep them confident and focused. My worry more so is that we were no threat in the final third

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        Disagree about Derby never looking troubled by us. We didn't create enough chances I agree but there were enough to win the game.
        Give me a clear cut chance over a half chance?

The attempts we had were half chances. This is the problem, because we are SO poor, we end up clutching at straws for anything positive. Derby were poor last night, and any average side would of stuck a couple past them.

Neither team deserved to win, we had more possession (in our own half) and kept the ball for longer, which is why people are thinking the result was unjust.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Give me a clear cut chance over a half chance?

The attempts we had were half chances. This is the problem, because we are SO poor, we end up clutching at straws for anything positive. Derby were poor last night, and any average side would of stuck a couple past them.

Neither team deserved to win, we had more possession (in our own half) and kept the ball for longer, which is why people are thinking the result was unjust.
          Did it ever cross your mind that they looked poor because we generally controlled the game very well?
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            Did it ever cross your mind that they looked poor because we generally controlled the game very well?
            Is this a joke?

Comment

In fairness, Ollie is probably still looking for his best side. 5 games isn't enough time to do that.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                In fairness, Ollie is probably still looking for his best side. 5 games isn't enough time to do that.
                Oh I agree he is, it's just the obvious things like playing your POTY centre half in midfield and the smallest bloke on the pitch up front on his own at home which surely don't need trying out to see if they work - the latter being tried more than enough times by JFH.

Comment

We actually did play well and kept the ball from a team that was on a 6 in a row run. Also we had attacking threat from Cousins, Chery, Bidwell and Yeni. We had a few good chances, Cousins run in second half when.hr should have shot as it opened up, Polters header at end, the shot that caused the Carson Keogh bust up. Shodipo did do well when he came on but he can't start every game as proven earlier in the season when he played well one match then was anonymous.the next. Shodipo,Luongo Cousins and Yeni I think can be a great midfield, just need time and playing in right position (as shown by cousins last night) also Hall in cm worked as it allowed Cousins and Luongo a chance to get forward and on the ball more. It isnt great but sometimes you need a sacrifice player.

Comment

Working...
                  X