Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just back and wanted to do one of these threads to balance it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Exactly this. Agree with most of the OP, bar Chery & Yeni who I thought looked bang average at best.

Also Lynch, solid enough in terms of winning headers etc, but he just aimlessly lumped the ball forward on numerous occasions needlessly losing possession which isn't like him.

Perch was very solid, as was Mass, but Cousins MOTM for me. He showed exactly what I was expectingfrom him when we signed him, a lot more dynamic in getting forward and back.

The times that Lynch lumped forward, or that any of our defence do is because no-one shows for the ball, c'mon Matty I thought you would see that?

Comment

If people get behind the players instead of groaning, we'll stay up no problem. People have no idea of the damage they do to the confidence of the team and players. I too was impressed with the calm possession, give Ollie a break, he's only been here two seconds. On last night's showing, he's beginning to turn it around already.

Comment

I think that there are lots of positives, and think we will be fine.

One thing that has been bothering me is Luongo's goal scoring ability. I know that he isn't picked to score goals, but is he just unlucky, or does he panic when he gets opportunities? He seems a decent player, but for the life of me, when I think of some of the chances he has had, I don't have faith that he will score, and if our midfield can step up and start adding goals it will make everyone's life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
          Sylla was watching in the stands with Mackie etc, can't believe him and the polish lads aren't playing after watching Yeni create nothing.
          All there have been.injired, Ariel hamstring, Pawel knee and whatever was up with Sylla.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            All there have been.injired, Ariel hamstring, Pawel knee and whatever was up with Sylla.
            Sylla also just recovered from a hamstring and trained late this week.
            Good thread this, at least some people acknowledge the size of the task ahead and noted a vast improvement last night. Derby are not a poor side, their current form shows that and credit must go to us for our performance, which led to Derby not being their usual expansive selves
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

we matched derby all over the pitch last night , we made hughes have a quiet game , cousins motm for me , don't really see what yeni brings to the party and chery's end product is poor either a pass or shooting way off target , ollies subs polter , shopido and the hapless gladwin , were not players that would have shut up shop and he messed up . should have brought on ariel and sandro , a point against derby would have given them something to build on

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                we matched derby all over the pitch last night , we made hughes have a quiet game , cousins motm for me , don't really see what yeni brings to the party and chery's end product is poor either a pass or shooting way off target , ollies subs polter , shopido and the hapless gladwin , were not players that would have shut up shop and he messed up . should have brought on ariel and sandro , a point against derby would have given them something to build on
                Then he would have been criticized for shutting up shop,JFH style, it's not the Ollie way?

Comment

At least our standards as fans seem to have finally dropped, if we're now classing performances last night as good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    If people get behind the players instead of groaning, we'll stay up no problem. People have no idea of the damage they do to the confidence of the team and players. I too was impressed with the calm possession, give Ollie a break, he's only been here two seconds. On last night's showing, he's beginning to turn it around already.
                    Isn`t the Crystal Palace supporters very good at cheering on their team regardless how they play, really?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Then he would have been criticized for shutting up shop,JFH style, it's not the Ollie way?
                      but one point is stopping the rot and something to build on

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        Ok so I knew this would be the case if we lost tonight. Everyone on here going mental and forgetting we actually played well. We were the better side (yes the sub was an error but Holloway went for the win and that cost us, plenty complain when we go for the draw.)

We passed the ball calmly and patiently this evening , keeping it for long periods. We didn't just hoof it and that was a big change. One big difference was that we had so many players who had chances to score, Cousins, Luongo, Chery, Yeni, Washington all with very good opportunities. I agree we need a more prolific striker, probably a striker who is a blend of Polter and Washington. If this is the start of how we will play in the future then it is a good start despite no points. I don't personally see why the crowd was so poor tonight as there was plenty of good to cheer for 80 minutes.

Smithies - Good as usual
                        Perch - Very solid defensively tonight, didn't get forward much but played well
                        Ned- Same as Perch did all that was asked
                        Lynch- Good game, got on the end of some good balls
                        Bidwell- Had some great moments, good balls in and nice wing play plus a vital defensively play in first half
                        Hall- Did an ok job, I think he is mainly in the team to cover defensively and in general it works
                        Cousins - Excellent game, driving runs forward , great one twos. His best game.in a qpr shirt. First time playing in his preferred position and if he continues like that then all is well.
                        Luongo- Great game, always available for a pass and got to a lot of lose balls bringing them out from our box and passing forward. Our best player. Also almost scored

Chery- Played well, and I thought was a strange sub as thought he was starting to link up well with Yeni before he came off.
                        Yeni-Showed signs of a quality player , he just needs more time. Probably should have scored but he made some.good runs in the second and first half and think he will be a big player up front for us. Just tall enough to head as well
                        Washington- a few inches taller and he would have had a couple of goals. Hard worker and just needs to form a partnership.

I don't think subs you can judge as weren't on long although Shodipo had some skillful moments and Polter probably should have got more pace on the header at the end but was tricky as was slow moving ball.

We are a low to mid table side but I think with the confidence Holloway is giving they can become good. They need time and that will.involve relegation scraps, we aren't going to fix it immediately. We more than matched a Derby side today that has spent far more than us and in truth looked poor. Tonight feels very much like Boro at home from last season where we lost 3-2 but there were positive signs.
                        I was agreeing, until I saw the Chery and Yeni parts.

Chery did not add anything of note today. His corners were poor and did not contribute anything going forward and bottled a number of challenges. I know he isnt in there for his takling abilities but still.

Yeni frustrated me. He would get the ball and then pass it back to who he got it from, every time. He didnt pass the ball forward or beat a man at all. Also, he and Chery only ever drop deep for the ball. Neither run in behind to make the space.

I thought Shodipo when he came on looked very good. Got the ball, turned with it and then got at the wing backs. When he didnt have the ball, he was running in behind.

Cousins was my MOTM. Drove us forward and looked a class player, bit awkward at times but overall played very, very well.

Comment

The times that Lynch lumped forward, or that any of our defence do is because no-one shows for the ball, c'mon Matty I thought you would see that?
                          Nope not true at all mate. At least twice in the first half he had either Mass inside calling for the ball or Yeni or Chery hugging the left flank also wanting the ball.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Ok, my bad, never noticed that

Comment

Ok, my bad, never noticed that
                              I do know what you mean in fairness there were quite a few times there was no options at all for our defence to play out, and I didn't mean to dig Lynch out as I like the bloke ad think he is a good player, but just seem a bit out of character for him to hit those Clint Hill-esque lumps forward when he had options on.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                                Sylla was watching in the stands with Mackie etc, can't believe him and the polish lads aren't playing after watching Yeni create nothing.
                                He's injured!
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2