Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just back and wanted to do one of these threads to balance it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back and wanted to do one of these threads to balance it out.

Ok so I knew this would be the case if we lost tonight. Everyone on here going mental and forgetting we actually played well. We were the better side (yes the sub was an error but Holloway went for the win and that cost us, plenty complain when we go for the draw.)

We passed the ball calmly and patiently this evening , keeping it for long periods. We didn't just hoof it and that was a big change. One big difference was that we had so many players who had chances to score, Cousins, Luongo, Chery, Yeni, Washington all with very good opportunities. I agree we need a more prolific striker, probably a striker who is a blend of Polter and Washington. If this is the start of how we will play in the future then it is a good start despite no points. I don't personally see why the crowd was so poor tonight as there was plenty of good to cheer for 80 minutes.

Smithies - Good as usual
    Perch - Very solid defensively tonight, didn't get forward much but played well
    Ned- Same as Perch did all that was asked
    Lynch- Good game, got on the end of some good balls
    Bidwell- Had some great moments, good balls in and nice wing play plus a vital defensively play in first half
    Hall- Did an ok job, I think he is mainly in the team to cover defensively and in general it works
    Cousins - Excellent game, driving runs forward , great one twos. His best game.in a qpr shirt. First time playing in his preferred position and if he continues like that then all is well.
    Luongo- Great game, always available for a pass and got to a lot of lose balls bringing them out from our box and passing forward. Our best player. Also almost scored

Chery- Played well, and I thought was a strange sub as thought he was starting to link up well with Yeni before he came off.
    Yeni-Showed signs of a quality player , he just needs more time. Probably should have scored but he made some.good runs in the second and first half and think he will be a big player up front for us. Just tall enough to head as well
    Washington- a few inches taller and he would have had a couple of goals. Hard worker and just needs to form a partnership.

I don't think subs you can judge as weren't on long although Shodipo had some skillful moments and Polter probably should have got more pace on the header at the end but was tricky as was slow moving ball.

We are a low to mid table side but I think with the confidence Holloway is giving they can become good. They need time and that will.involve relegation scraps, we aren't going to fix it immediately. We more than matched a Derby side today that has spent far more than us and in truth looked poor. Tonight feels very much like Boro at home from last season where we lost 3-2 but there were positive signs.

Good post, that's how I saw it too.

Comment

Me too. Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
        Ok so I knew this would be the case if we lost tonight. Everyone on here going mental and forgetting we actually played well. We were the better side (yes the sub was an error but Holloway went for the win and that cost us, plenty complain when we go for the draw.)

We passed the ball calmly and patiently this evening , keeping it for long periods. We didn't just hoof it and that was a big change. One big difference was that we had so many players who had chances to score, Cousins, Luongo, Chery, Yeni, Washington all with very good opportunities. I agree we need a more prolific striker, probably a striker who is a blend of Polter and Washington. If this is the start of how we will play in the future then it is a good start despite no points. I don't personally see why the crowd was so poor tonight as there was plenty of good to cheer for 80 minutes.

Smithies - Good as usual
        Perch - Very solid defensively tonight, didn't get forward much but played well
        Ned- Same as Perch did all that was asked
        Lynch- Good game, got on the end of some good balls
        Bidwell- Had some great moments, good balls in and nice wing play plus a vital defensively play in first half
        Hall- Did an ok job, I think he is mainly in the team to cover defensively and in general it works
        Cousins - Excellent game, driving runs forward , great one twos. His best game.in a qpr shirt. First time playing in his preferred position and if he continues like that then all is well.
        Luongo- Great game, always available for a pass and got to a lot of lose balls bringing them out from our box and passing forward. Our best player. Also almost scored

Chery- Played well, and I thought was a strange sub as thought he was starting to link up well with Yeni before he came off.
        Yeni-Showed signs of a quality player , he just needs more time. Probably should have scored but he made some.good runs in the second and first half and think he will be a big player up front for us. Just tall enough to head as well
        Washington- a few inches taller and he would have had a couple of goals. Hard worker and just needs to form a partnership.

I don't think subs you can judge as weren't on long although Shodipo had some skillful moments and Polter probably should have got more pace on the header at the end but was tricky as was slow moving ball.

We are a low to mid table side but I think with the confidence Holloway is giving they can become good. They need time and that will.involve relegation scraps, we aren't going to fix it immediately. We more than matched a Derby side today that has spent far more than us and in truth looked poor. Tonight feels very much like Boro at home from last season where we lost 3-2 but there were positive signs.
        what confidence? their confidence is clearly shot due to the previous 3 defeats against 3 really poor sides.

yes Derby were poor and yet they still beat us!

Hollohead is marching us straight to League One.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
          what confidence? their confidence is clearly shot due to the previous 3 defeats against 3 really poor sides.

yes Derby were poor and yet they still beat us!

Hollohead is marching us straight to League One.
          To pass the ball around that calmly and that assured takes confidence in their ability. So often we have just been anxious and rushed but we didnt this evening. Yes we may go down (I dont think we will, I would say we need 7-8 wins and a few draws to stay up and that is certainly possible if we play anywhere near like we did tonight), that isnt the end of the world. We are rebuilding and that takes time. Holloway rebuilt us once (In his time then I would say he brought in some fantastic and passionate players (often one or the other ) given the time with extremely limited funds) and I personally think he can again.

Comment

Good OP but far too generous on Chery and Yeni as there is argument there lack of influence at top end of pitch cost us. They create nothing and that is their primary reason for being in the team but they bring nothing to the side. Shodipo should take one of their places Sunday.

I predict he will drop Chery for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Good OP but far too generous on Chery and Yeni as there is argument there lack of influence at top end of pitch cost us. They create nothing and that is their primary reason for being in the team but they bring nothing to the side. Shodipo should take one of their places Sunday.

To be fair I saw more from Yeni last night than any other game, although that is not hard as has done virtually nothing in previous games.

I am not sure if we actually played well and stopped Derby playing or whether they were just having a bad day.

I agree we were the better side but we didn't really create anything of real substance, they were mostly half chances.

It was a bit of a smash and grab by them but maybe a bit of karma from the play-off final.

I don't think we will go down, as there are some worse sides than us and two of the spots almost guaranteed already, but we need to start getting some points pretty soon.

I would bring the two Poles in and maybe Shodipo on Sunday as well as Sylla(not sure where he was last night).

Also, I didn't understand taking Chery off and bringing Gladwin on (who I have to say is pretty useless and touched the ball about 3 times in 25 minutes). We were starting to put them under pressure at the time, and we seemed to lose momentum after that.

Comment

Sylla was watching in the stands with Mackie etc, can't believe him and the polish lads aren't playing after watching Yeni create nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Exactly this. Agree with most of the OP, bar Chery & Yeni who I thought looked bang average at best.

Also Lynch, solid enough in terms of winning headers etc, but he just aimlessly lumped the ball forward on numerous occasions needlessly losing possession which isn't like him.

Perch was very solid, as was Mass, but Cousins MOTM for me. He showed exactly what I was expectingfrom him when we signed him, a lot more dynamic in getting forward and back.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We didn't deserve that tonight. Massive improvement over Rotherham etc, but still not looking that dangerous in opponents box. Time and again one in there against four defenders. The substitutions lost us shape. Best we've seen from Cousins so far. At least Hollo may have worked out there is no end product with Chery.

Comment

Was cousins best game he played on front foot for a change and as is typical got injured

Do we not do MOM polls anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        We didn't deserve that tonight. Massive improvement over Rotherham etc, but still not looking that dangerous in opponents box. Time and again one in there against four defenders. The substitutions lost us shape. Best we've seen from Cousins so far. At least Hollo may have worked out there is no end product with Chery.
                        Agree with you totally mate. So many more positive things.
                        Ollowhead showed he aint scared to drop or sub Chery.
                        Subs were brought on to win the game not just be happy with the draw like the clueless clown would of done. Massive downside to that though as we saw.
                        Cousins can play football when instructed how to. That run from box to box was the best thing hes done since he got here.
                        Shodipo has to start, he was great when he came on. Even if he gets subbed second half, we need to start positive imo.
                        Sandro aint the messiah and aint worth 20 bags more a game to play.
                        Sylla probably would of won us that game.
                        Ive seen tonight the squad is far to good to go down and wont. Probably only by one or two places but we wont.

We were really unlucky , but thats the worry.
                        Now we are not just shite, we are unlucky shite.

All the people on here who said they dont care if we lose every single game as long as we have a go would of gone home happy as larry last night if they were there.

Oh and the best thing of all is , the crowd have got a new Henry in Gladwin. The boos for him coming on were even louder than Henry gets. So they get some pleasure even if we lose every game .
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 15-12-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin Mcleod;1590512]Agree with you totally mate. So many more positive things.
                          Ollowhead showed he aint scared to drop or sub Chery.
                          Subs were brought on to win the game not just be happy with the draw like the clueless clown would of done. Massive downside to that though as we saw.
                          Cousins can play football when instructed how to. That run from box to box was the best thing hes done since he got here.
                          Shodipo has to start, he was great when he came on. Even if he gets subbed second half, we need to start positive imo.
                          Sandro aint the messiah and aint worth 20 bags more a game to play.
                          Sylla probably would of won us that game.
                          Ive seen tonight the squad is far to good to go down and wont. Probably only by one or two places but we wont.We were really unlucky , but thats the worry.
                          Now we are not just shite, we are unlucky shite.

All the people on here who said they dont care if we lose every single game as long as we have a go would of gone home happy as larry last night if they were there.

Heard lots of sides say that but they still went down, and I think we're looking that way, no confidence couldn't score in a brothel, doesn't seem to be any sort of game plan, poor team, poor manager, and poorly run from above (DOF)

Comment

Fair enough mate, that is true......but im far more confident after last night.
                            Think we have got two more defeats coming up making six on the trot but still think we wil stay up.
                            Id be willing to bet all my christmas card money on it as well.
                            Rotherham are down imo, so there is only two more places to keep away from and we have good enough players to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Fair enough mate, that is true......but im far more confident after last night.
                              Think we have got two more defeats coming up making six on the trot but still think we wil stay up.
                              Id be willing to bet all my christmas card money on it as well.
                              Rotherham are down imo, so there is only two more places to keep away from and we have good enough players to do that.
                              I think Rotherham and Burton will drop and could be any of 3-4 other including us, can see the next 3 as defeats, might get something against Ipswich they were a poor team ,a loss at reading and a home defeat by Fulham who are better than us, and will want revenge, by then will be so much in the mire I don't think we'll be able to get out of it

Comment

Working...
                              X