Plain & Simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Washington with Yeni alongside him was pretty shocking. The issue isn't really his movement and stuff, more just the quality of his finishing, which is pretty poor. All he does is shoot straight at the keeper.
    Washington should be used as a poacher imo and someone else should do more of the work for him. He's got a good turn on the ball and is great in the penalty box for nicking goals and causing a problem. He should NOT EVER be used as a lone striker though, his holdup play is poor and his aerial challenges for the ball is crud too as well ... he's like 3 foot tall compared to some defenders.
    Bit controversial but i do really like conor and i can see a quality 15-20 goals a season player in there which he'd eadily get with the right players.

Speaking of which, i've read somewhere that doughty will be back with us in jan which imo could be a godsend. He's been a class act for swindon this season and has single handedly won them points on occassion with his good vision

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      Washington should be used as a poacher imo and someone else should do more of the work for him. He's got a good turn on the ball and is great in the penalty box for nicking goals and causing a problem. He should NOT EVER be used as a lone striker though, his holdup play is poor and his aerial challenges for the ball is crud too as well ... he's like 3 foot tall compared to some defenders.
      Bit controversial but i do really like conor and i can see a quality 15-20 goals a season player in there which he'd eadily get with the right players.

Speaking of which, i've read somewhere that doughty will be back with us in jan which imo could be a godsend. He's been a class act for swindon this season and has single handedly won them points on occassion with his good vision
      Doughty was great for us in that Huddersfield win last season, should get a chance to work with Luongo in the middle.

Conor imo doesn't have the finishing to be a poacher. He was at his best for us playing as a winger because his shooting isn't under as much scrutiny. Right now, he just smashes it down the keeper's throat.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Doughty was great for us in that Huddersfield win last season, should get a chance to work with Luongo in the middle.

Conor imo doesn't have the finishing to be a poacher. He was at his best for us playing as a winger because his shooting isn't under as much scrutiny. Right now, he just smashes it down the keeper's throat.
        I did like conor on the wing too, his work rate was great for it but he'd be keeping out other players who deserve a chanceif he played there imo. To me he looks like a natural poacher, he has quick reactions and is good at causing mayhem in the box and looked to be playing that part at peterborough. Nothing spectacular and his shots were on target

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Its going to be a tough season but don't think we will go down!!

Footballs cruel and we should of won last night let alone lose. We haven't had much luck in the last few games and I agree with most that we do need a striker who can score. It should be our priority in January!!

I personally think we will have a rough December with Villa and Brighton our next two games but January presents a chance to turn things around!
          I agree. December can not pass us by quick enough..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Austin got us promoted. Almost by himself.

We need to spend big on a goal scorer.

And a right back.

And a number 10.

But mainly another Austin.

Comment

Goalscorers are the problem. We've got the number one player for creating chances in the Championship. He must get frustrated that all his skill is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                Most teams can pass a ball around the middle of the park, but its what you do with it after that that counts. In a game that is all about putting the ball in the back of the net we are quite clearly not good enough! Consisitently not good enough!

Agreed.
                We all knew what was needed, its just a pity that the people in charge dido't.

It doesn't appear that they even attempted to bring in a goalscorer or a creative midfielder in on loan during the loan window.

Comment

Did seem obvious that once Chaz left a goalscorer was needed but seems that was ignored by the powers that be in pre season.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                    With Washington and Polter as our main strike force are you surprised? These guys are a very average League 1 standard at best. LF needs to be held accountable for the squad he's put together. ...and before I hear 'it's not his squad', tell me what it is he gets paid to do then?
                    I agree and totally blame LF for all the woes with the team over the last 2 years since he got the job.
                    Not signing Defoe cost QPR big time.
                    Appointing Ramsey twice.
                    His transfer decisions both selling and buying have been largely poor.
                    Appointing JFH instead of Warnock or Jokonovich before he went to Fulham ) was wrong and now Holloway rather than the likes of Bruce, McLaren Clement or Rowett.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Did seem obvious that once Chaz left a goalscorer was needed but seems that was ignored by the powers that be in pre season.
                      Thats because they thought Washington would be a goalscorer, then they signed Sylla.

Comment

We have no goalscorers, for a while at least.

Comment

Working...
                        X