• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    But which is 'yes' and which is 'no' in your poll
    good question.....

Comment

I'd now look to go with someone new, come next season, TF should reduce his ownership significantly if we can find a suitable buyer.

I'd ideally like someone who has experience in running a football club or being involved at board level.
      Experience in running a UK based business or being successful in the UK in general, would also be a requirement for me.
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 14-12-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

I'd ideally like someone who has experience in running a football club or being involved at board level.
        Experience in running a UK based business or being successful in the UK in general, would also be a requirement for me.
        Why? Based on nearly every football club at the highest level, what you're after it isn't the case at any top club i can think of?

It seems something you have to work at and learn, so humility and good business acumen are just as, if not more valuable than footballing experience.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          Why? Based on nearly every football club at the highest level, what you're after it isn't the case at any top club i can think of?

It seems something you have to work at and learn, so humility and good business acumen are just as, if not more valuable than footballing experience.
          Because currently that's the best I can think of, in regards to what we need as alternative to TF and the Malaysians.
          I'm all for working and learning in an ownership, but there has to be a certain degree of realism in the fact that you can't keep sliding backwards whilst working and learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            But which is 'yes' and which is 'no' in your poll question?
            I'm always amazed at how many interpretations there can be to poll questions. Anyway Stan, is it possible to amend the poll answers to, "Stick with TF" and "Twist for someone new"

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
              I'm always amazed at how many interpretations there can be to poll questions. Anyway Stan, is it possible to amend the poll answers to, "Stick with TF" and "Twist for someone new"
              Will do Olly.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Because currently that's the best I can think of, in regards to what we need as alternative to TF and the Malaysians.
                I'm all for working and learning in an ownership, but there has to be a certain degree of realism in the fact that you can't keep sliding backwards whilst working and learning.
                Absolutely not. But woud you consider Liverpool's run before this year and post the title challenge year going backwards? Same with Man Utd? Or Chelsea the last few years? Admittedly we are very different as a club to those teams, and in worse position. But they are all owned by 'non football' and to my knowledge are based outside of the UK.

What we need is a more pragmatic approach, with a focus on the pitch, then the business, as success in the first means the success in the second.

I couldn't give a #### if it's Zippy from rainbow, Tony Fernandes or Donald Trump, I'd just like it to work.

Maybe not Trump.

Comment

It won't work with Tony mate, he's had 5 and a half years and I haven't seen one bit of progress.

Premier league clubs of that stature you mention are a totally different kettle of fish, any of those clubs have an endless pot of money to make it work with any transfer fee they can think of - we're a mid table champ side with a £2m a player max budget. If you put TF in charge of a prem club, I reckon he'd still make a pigs ear out of it.

You won't get pragmatic, you won't get focus on the pitch over business with TF - he's had 5 and a half years to show us he can do what you suggest. but he just hasn't and cannot do it.

In all honesty, he doesn't have much going for him anymore other than the 'lovely bloke' card. It's been a disaster from start to finish bar the play-offs a few years ago.

End of the day it's as simple as this.

2011 - promoted as champions into the Premier League.
                  2017 - 18th in the Championship, in a relegation battle.
                  Last edited by West London is Rss; 14-12-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

i like the at least 3 managers a season,so 2 owners a season could be fun.keep it fresh lol
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We look like a club who still have no idea to what we are trying to achieve on the field of play. This is the most concerned I have been about my club since 2006. At least under Bernie and Flav they had a plan for the team on the pitch and you knew it would come good eventually and it took Flavio to step aside for things to succeed maybe that is what is needed here? I fear for QPR under the current chairman as he seems to have no idea at all to make things right.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        We look like a club who still have no idea to what we are trying to achieve on the field of play. This is the most concerned I have been about my club since 2006. At least under Bernie and Flav they had a plan for the team on the pitch and you knew it would come good eventually and it took Flavio to step aside for things to succeed maybe that is what is needed here? I fear for QPR under the current chairman as he seems to have no idea at all to make things right.
                        Id worry about tthe team on the pitch more than the charirman if i was you mate i really would

Comment

I am very worried by how badly we have dropped in such a short time too.

Comment

Amit and Tony were threre last night

Comment

I wonder what they make of it all?

Comment

Tango stepped aside before he got lynched if I recall?

Comment

Working...
                                X