No announcement yet.

Do you want a club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick with him. I would rather have had 2 promotions, with 2 relegations, than sitting the middle of the championship as a steady club being bored week in week out. Yes we have been #### but we have also gone up twice so hardly no progress.

As far as I am aware TF doesn't run the club on a day to day basis there are "football" people already in place doing that like LH and LF.

Training ground is far more important than a new stadium and they both haven't been delayed by the club dragging there feet but by the law in the UK that the club cannot just ignore and the fact we are in London which doesn't help with different options.

Comment

Olly. Flavio controlled Bernie's shares all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
        Stick with him. I would rather have had 2 promotions, with 2 relegations, than sitting the middle of the championship as a steady club being bored week in week out. Yes we have been #### but we have also gone up twice so hardly no progress.

As far as I am aware TF doesn't run the club on a day to day basis there are "football" people already in place doing that like LH and LF.

Training ground is far more important than a new stadium and they both haven't been delayed by the club dragging there feet but by the law in the UK that the club cannot just ignore and the fact we are in London which doesn't help with different options.
        There's been no progress at all in any form, if in 5 years time you go from Championship champions to Championship relegation fodder.

Stuff everything else in between, that's the beginning and the end of the story currently. It's quite a remarkable feat which I'm sure only a few clubs in history can claim.

Comment

I am not sure what Tony is doing so wrong... He has tried an up and coming manager and financially supported him (Mark Hughes). He has tried the old guard and a man who was wanted as England Coach (Redknapp)... he then went and got a manager who is successful in the lower leagues (JFH).... Then after people saying "we want our QPR back" he gets a manager DOF and Manager which has a history here.

I honestly think we as fans need to accept the we are a buying and selling club and give Holloway and Ferdinand a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            There's been no progress at all in any form, if in 5 years time you go from Championship champions to Championship relegation fodder.

Stuff everything else in between, that's the beginning and the end of the story currently. It's quite a remarkable feat which I'm sure only a few clubs in history can claim.
            I agree if you look short term our position has gone down a few places from when he joined. However in 30 years I will still remember the day out at Wembley getting promotion, I doubt many Sheff Wed fans will remember finishing a few places higher every year.

Comment

I agree if you look short term our position has gone down a few places from when he joined. However in 30 years I will still remember the day out at Wembley getting promotion, I doubt many Sheff Wed fans will remember finishing a few places higher every year.
              See this is where we differ - That one day was magnificent, but I won't let it cloud my judgement on what a shambles it has been apart from that day.

Imagine a business - 1 amazing business deal in 5 years with nothing else in that time other than a loss of income and the selling of your assets is hardly a well run business.
              Last edited by West London is Rss; 15-12-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

See this is where we differ - That one day was magnificent, but I won't let it cloud my judgement on what a shambles it has been apart from that day.

Imagine a business - 1 amazing business deal in 5 years with nothing else in that time other than a loss of income and the selling of your assets is hardly a well run business.
                But we aren't a business, we are a football club and a small one at that. It is unlikely we will ever be an established top tier team when you look at the size of us so the best we can hope for is the odd fantastic memory. There is no reason not to try but every other club is after the same goal and there are only so many places to go around.

Comment

But we aren't a business, we are a football club and a small one at that. It is unlikely we will ever be an established top tier team when you look at the size of us so the best we can hope for is the odd fantastic memory. There is no reason not to try but every other club is after the same goal and there are only so many places to go around.
                  Football clubs are business's now mate, with all the money, TV, revenue etc. It's why we have a CEO, accounts department etc.
                  I personally wouldn't just disregard us as NEVER being an established top tier team - look at Bournemouth? You have to goals and aspirations, Bournemouth certainly did

Comment

Football clubs are business's now mate, with all the money, TV, revenue etc. It's why we have a CEO, accounts department etc.
                    I personally wouldn't just disregard us as NEVER being an established top tier team - look at Bournemouth? You have to goals and aspirations, Bournemouth certainly did
                    I don't think I said NEVER I think I said unlikely. Bournemouth are not an established PL team but we can review in 10-15 years and see if they are but I doubt it.

Yes footballs clubs are a business but I don't support a business I support the football club. I have never got out of my seat celebrating are yearly figures being published and punching the air because profits are up 8% this year and we can pay the shareholders a dividend. I'm not Richard Thompson

Comment

I don't think I said NEVER I think I said unlikely. Bournemouth are not an established PL team but we can review in 10-15 years and see if they are but I doubt it.

Yes footballs clubs are a business but I don't support a business I support the football club. I have never got out of my seat celebrating are yearly figures being published and punching the air because profits are up 8% this year and we can pay the shareholders a dividend. I'm not Richard Thompson
                      Unlikely, never - we both know you think it won't happen.

They will be after this season IMO, established to me is a couple of/few seasons. But my point was more about how Bournemouth have done it, shows anyone can do it.

Hang on, you just said football clubs aren't a business in your previous post?
                      Without there being an element of business in a football club, there wouldn't be a football club to go and watch, so it's very important.

Straying from the point there above in a way, but the bottom line is - this ownership have taken us backwards in the most important aspect to fans... the pitch.

Comment

I don't anyone on this forum knows what is up, maybe they don't at the club either. But it's something.

Blaming Fernandes as a scapegoat? Or is he responsible? I can't see that he is directly, but perhaps ultimately due to the people he's put in place?

If Les told the truth about not being able to buy Deeney/Gayle due to a lack of funding, then that says Tony is responsible for putting these structures in place, demanding success but not being realistic in support. Everybody, including the much berated les and the now under fire Holloway, saw that without Austin, we would struggle, nothing whatsoever has been done about it. DOF is a good idea if the owner knows sod all about football, he's has gone through several managers, allows consistency, but if you tie his hands......?

It's back fired I think because he's said go get a birdie, look, here's this great golf course that I've seen all these guys at least par on, take this putter and tee off.
                        Last edited by topperharley; 16-12-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X