Why is our Prime Minister...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is our Prime Minister...

...openly supporting and arming a medieval and barbaric regime that, amongst other punishments, publicly beheads its citizens (women included) on the streets; stones to death; lashes their bare backs 50 times with leather whips - all for the crime of speaking out against the regime or disobeying its feudal and despotic laws? Not to mention the banning of its women from driving; banning its women from showing their faces in public; the imprisoning and torturing of homosexuals, cutting off hands for petty theft; the list goes on...

Let parts of London,Birmingham and Burnley just crack on.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      ...openly supporting and arming a medieval and barbaric regime that, amongst other punishments, publicly beheads its citizens (women included) on the streets; stones to death; lashes their bare backs 50 times with leather whips - all for the crime of speaking out against the regime or disobeying its feudal and despotic laws? Not to mention the banning of its women from driving; banning its women from showing their faces in public; the imprisoning and torturing of homosexuals, cutting off hands for petty theft; the list goes on...
      100% agree the hypocrisy is astounding...the answer to your question is simple 'Weapon Contracts' I believe they are either number 1 or 2 as a customer.

The House of Saud will fall within 18 months is my prediction, just remember though politicians like Boris Johnson currently lording them on twitter for all to see.

The No.1 sponsor of ISIS, yet Russia who are defeating ISIS have economic sanctions imposed on them....go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        politicians like Boris Johnson currently lording them on twitter for all to see.
        Really? In that case how come our Prime Minister has just giving him a stern dressing down for him speaking out against the Saudi regime? Maybe he only did that after his wrists getting slapped...

Agree with everything else you say BTW.

Comment

Really? In that case how come our Prime Minister has just giving him a stern dressing down for him speaking out against the Saudi regime? Maybe he only did that after his wrists getting slapped...

Agree with everything else you say BTW.
          I wasn't aware of that I just don't follow mainstream media so haven't read that story, I've got Boris on twitter and some of his tweets have just been embarrassing about SA.

What I've followed of TMay so far I am developing an increasing level of respect...she certainly has more conservative values than her predecessor for instance and she respects the Brexit vote.

Comment

You ask why Stan. The answer's simple: money. This country makes an absolute mint selling arms to all sorts of dodgy, human-rights abusing regimes, not least Saudi Arabia.

Comment

What's suddenly brought this question up? He/We've been supporting them for years

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                What's suddenly brought this question up? He/We've been supporting them for years
                It was in the news over the weekend of May's stern slap on the wrists for BoJo over his honest comments speaking out against the regime - explained by the fact she is obviously anxious over how notoriously sensitive the Saudis are to any form of criticism. But the bottom line is our government's stance is hypocrisy of the highest order and morally indefensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  The answer's simple: money.
                  So IOW Britain indirectly supports terrorism, as well as human rights abuses. Saudi Arabia funds, arms and supports global Jihadism, Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Lashkar-e-Taiba and other assorted terrorist groups.

So who's side are we actually on?

Comment

So IOW Britain indirectly supports terrorism, as well as human rights abuses. Saudi Arabia funds, arms and supports global Jihadism, Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Lashkar-e-Taiba and other assorted terrorist groups.

So who's side are we actually on?
                    Correct Stan. Whose side are 'we' on? Well it depends on who you mean by 'we'. The establishment is on its own side. All the jingoism is just opium for the masses.

Comment

Correct Stan. Whose side are 'we' on? Well it depends on who you mean by 'we'. The establishment is on its own side. All the jingoism is just opium for the masses.
                      By 'we' I mean us - the people that make up our nation. And I agree with you of course, but I think it's important to make this distinction so as to be fully awake to the reality of the situation.

Are Farron and Corbyn just as much part of 'the establishment' too though?...

Comment

By 'we' I mean us - the people that make up our nation. And I agree with you of course, but I think it's important to make this distinction so as to be fully awake to the reality of the situation.

Are Farron and Corbyn just as much part of 'the establishment' too though?...
                        Farron definitely, Corbyn borderline - certainly more than he realises.

Comment

Farron definitely, Corbyn borderline - certainly more than he realises.
                          So if all our major party leaders are establishment figures, are we actually living in a true democracy?

Comment

It was in the news over the weekend of May's stern slap on the wrists for BoJo over his honest comments speaking out against the regime - explained by the fact she is obviously anxious over how notoriously sensitive the Saudis are to any form of criticism. But the bottom line is our government's stance is hypocrisy of the highest order and morally indefensible.
                            Fair enough. Don't follow much mainstream stuff these days, this just reminds me why

Comment

So if all our major party leaders are establishment figures, are we actually living in a true democracy?
                              What is democracy?............
                              Last edited by Hove Ranger; 15-12-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X