Do You Back/Trust These Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Back/Trust These Owners?

This may be a controversial poll, and no doubt we've had a few like these before by the usual posters on this forum - but the reason I've decided to make another one is because I no longer trust the owners or board of this Football Club; when I have consistently done so up until now. I'm different to the usual posters that have never liked our owners, so I want to know if there are more out there who are now feeling like I am.

5 and a half years on since Mr. Fernandes and his Malaysian businessman friends bank rolled the place, we are at our lowest point under this ownership - 18th place in the Championship and with seemingly no money left to spend. The pot is empty... Just re-reading my own line there makes me shudder - shocking when you think about it. I want to gauge an overall view of the fans in this current situation.

How, oh how, did it get to this? 5 and a half years ago we had our potentially promising future at our feet - newly promoted, with new wealthy far east investment, and a chairman that seemed too nice to be true.

Ollie and Birch are the last straw of this ownership for me, I'm not totally giving up on them yet, but if this doesn't work (relegation/no progression) then for even the most avid backer of this ownership like myself, the board and ownership's position becomes untenable. The rules of any other business should apply here at QPR - debt, targets missed, steady decline.
    Yes, will always back and trust
    52.94%
    No, have never backed or trusted
    8.82%
    I used to, but I no longer can
    38.24%
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 13-12-2016, 03:14 PM.

I want to, but increasingly can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      I want to, but increasingly can't.
      My feelings too. Tonys heart is in the right place and he does care but hes gotten us into the mess we're in. All i hope is that he doesn't just abandon us if its getting too hot for him, i hope (and think) that he'll get us out of the mess we're in.

Its not the team issues and manager issues that concern me much but rather the financial sh*t that is always looming over us. We're a small club with a grubby and outdated stadium and crap training ground who're unable to replace either all with a £250m debt. Doesn't look promising long term for us and christ i pray tony sorts out the debt one way or another

Comment

Which owners? TF? His investors? Or the Mittals - who still have a decent stake?

FWIW my answer would be no on all counts.

Comment

The way things are shaping up you can forget the training ground and old oak common with these Bengal lancers in charge we'll be looking to rent the Linford Christy before long

Comment

Need another option if possible. Yes trust but now have some concerns

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Do You Back/Trust These Owners?
              The Mittals yes, the rest no. I don't really trust the DoF either.

But the caveat to that is 'trusting' and 'backing' are two different things - sometimes you have to back even when you don't entirely trust...and your faith has been shaken.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                This. Haven't voted because of that.

There's absolutely no question they've tried their best. There's no question they've given things a right good shot, but the over riding thing for me is the completely wreckless way in which they've done it. The idiots they've employed to make massive decicions, giving out multi million pound contracts, be snaked by unscrupulous agents is just unfathomable.

It stops at the very top Fernandes, but don't let Amit get off scot free either. I know the fans like him, I do, but he would of been party to almost every decision made.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for the benefit of this thread. I can't wait till TF fks off. Nice guy but useless and irresponsible. We need a chairman made of steel with a proper head on his shoulders. Not a man who makes a decision off the back of his emotions after a win or a loss.

Comment

I trust that their intentions are good and I don't want them to leave however I worry that we don't appear to be making any real progress.

Comment

I personally can't 100% trust or back with concerns - IMO if you have concerns and still trust, then your answer is yes.

I personally have to be 100% fully behind something to back and trust.

How can we trust these owners these days with any decision, when an extremely high percentage of previous decisions made have been wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Would be my choice, voted yes i trust them but clearly we do have a few issues, although they aren't all down to TF and The Board.

Comment

Trust the owners completely but dont trust the football people they employ or who advise them.

Comment

Yes absolutely I do , we could always demand change as we do regularly with managers and get Briatore back who would also manage the team, and put up the price to watch them especially the walk up punters who he hates .

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            My feelings too. Tonys heart is in the right place and he does care but hes gotten us into the mess we're in. All i hope is that he doesn't just abandon us if its getting too hot for him, i hope (and think) that he'll get us out of the mess we're in.

Its not the team issues and manager issues that concern me much but rather the financial sh*t that is always looming over us. We're a small club with a grubby and outdated stadium and crap training ground who're unable to replace either all with a £250m debt. Doesn't look promising long term for us and christ i pray tony sorts out the debt one way or another
                            Just in case you weren't aware, this debt does not exist. It did, but was written off in 2 separate instances. The first was £60m which is what the FFP problem relates to. The second was when £180m was converted into shares.

Not saying that the owners haven't made mistakes. Nor am I saying that they have done much particularly well. But if it's a case of trust as the OP was asking about, I doubt that they could have done any more towards rectifying the situation which was largely brought about by their own incompetence. As it stands, they are set to lose an absolute fortune. The club however have simply been left with poorly performing players.

Comment

No I do not trust Fernandes in any shape or form and been coated on here numerous times for saying so. Clueless idiot who has no idea on how to run a sports team. Remember Caterham! Only wants OOC anf should he get the go ahead his knashers will be out in force again. Incompetent beyond belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X